PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been a packer fan literally my whole life. I hope for the best and root for them every week
You wanna discuss how many of our starters were injured the last time GB won the SB?

It is never easy to win in the NFL and it wasn’t like we were playing the Panthers….but keep smoking the good stuff if you don’t think this team can be a contender.

But you keep thinking this s*** show is going anywhere good for you. I'll be taking bets

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations.

I knew we were going to need a lot of help to win this one. & we did get a lot of help. Just not enough.

Your pass rush is unreal. Cj didn't have time to do anything. Y'all made him look like a 1st year 4th round pick. Nobody's done that before.
Stroud finished 10/21, 86 YDS, 0 TD 0 INT for 58.83 - 2nd worst game of his young career.

I said at one point that Stroud honestly looked to me like he was about to break down in tears; he was incredibly frustrated. Game ball for Jeff Hafley, maybe.

See Y'all in February.

Hope so, but if we have many more games like this, we'll be lucky to get halfway through January.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance Narveson nails that kick? Not much of one. Very encouraged by the Packers run defense today. Best they've looked in a very long time. Coverage was excellent. Stroud didn't have many wide open receivers today. Basically, defense and special teams won the game even with the muffed punt. When was the last time we could say that!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they did do those things
Absolutely, zero denying it, but it is a football observation for sure to say the Packers were the better team in almost every play save very few percentage of them. That's how hard it can be to win in the NFL, it doesn't matter how much better you're playing or are, few crucial moments and everything else doesn't matter.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they did do those things
The interceptions are starting to get very worrying. I think Love already has 9 for the season in only 5 games. Can't average nearly 2 picks per game and expect to go deep in the playoffs. I don't think it's a matter of knocking off the rust anymore.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely, zero denying it, but it is a football observation for sure to say the Packers were the better team in almost every play save very few percentage of them. That's how hard it can be to win in the NFL, it doesn't matter how much better you're playing or are, few crucial moments and everything else doesn't matter.
You and others here thinking this is great it's going far just cuz we got to win today. We have played like s*** against teams that we should beat to begin with missing half their freaking starters. Do you think it's okay that because we had three turnovers we should have won by more? Really? That'st the the whole freaking point. This crap ain't going to get it done in a big game againstt the big teams. But hey, I'm just a Debbie Downer

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and others here thinking this is great it's going far just cuz we got to win today. We have played like s*** against teams that we should beat to begin with missing half their freaking starters. Do you think it's okay that because we had three turnovers we should have won by more? Really? That'st the the whole freaking point. This crap ain't going to get it done in a big game againstt the big teams. But hey, I'm just a Debbie Downer
if this was my team trust me there is zero denying there would be some teeth cut and mistakes discussed but everything I said still stands as facts.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance Narveson nails that kick? Not much of one. Very encouraged by the Packers run defense today. Best they've looked in a very long time. Coverage was excellent. Stroud didn't have many wide open receivers today. Basically, defense and special teams won the game even with the muffed punt. When was the last time we could say that!
The Packers didn't have much urgency with under a minute to go, like they knew McManus would probably hit the 40-50 yarder. If Narveson was still here, I would have expected them to hurry up and try to march further down the field. Maybe even try to win it on a TD.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding Stroud to under 90 yards passing is such a bum team accomplishment.

If you just wrote Texans off as a team we should beat like the Panthers or some team that’s winless when they’re sitting at 5-1 coming in you’re nuts.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have played like s*** against teams that we should beat to begin with missing half their freaking starters. This crap ain't going to get it done in a big game againstt the big teams.

Maybe, just maybe, the Texans depth isn't that bad and they are a well coached team. They were 5-1.

People get too wrapped up in getting angry when the result on the field doesn't precisely match what they envision should have happened. Sorry, but saying they are a s**t show is a complete emotional overreaction. The Panthers and the Browns are the poster children for that, not the Packers.

Do they need to clean some things up? Absolutely. Love absolutely has to cut down on the interceptions. ST still is an issue (again), but the defense appears moving in the right direction (announcers even stating that) and hopefully the riddle of the kicker was solved. Do they look like a Super Bowl champion in week 7? I'd say no, but then again I think there are only a few teams in the NFL playing Super Bowl quality at this point in week 7 anyways (Lions/Chiefs. Guess you could argue Vikings, but I'm not sold on Darnold long term). Ultimately I care most of what they look like as a complete package in week 14-17, not that they didn't follow some exact script of what should have happened in week 7.

But hey, I'm just a Debbie Downer

Admission is the 1st step on the road to recovery . . .

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to conclude the Packers blitz packages were much more successful today than in previous weeks. It seemed like everytime a blitz was dialed up, a LB or safeties were breathing down Stroud's neck. 3 out of the 4 sacks came from a safety or LB and in many cases, Stroud had to throw early or run out of the pocket. I have no idea why it worked so well but it was a big factor in this game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm here and standing by my comments. This is not a real super bowl contender. You struggle with banged up teams at home you can't get out of your way half the time. But you keep thinking cuz you got to win it everything is wonderful. Super bowl! I'll just be like Lombardi and say this is s*** and going nowhere
The good teams find a way to win when aren't playing their best.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to conclude the Packers blitz packages were much more successful today than in previous weeks. It seemed like everytime a blitz was dialed up, a LB or safeties were breathing down Stroud's neck. 3 out of the 4 sacks came from a safety or LB and in many cases, Stroud had to throw early or run out of the pocket. I have no idea why it worked so well but it was a big factor in this game.
It helps not to be a one trick pony. It's good to have different ways you can win the game.

Reaction score
Sure. However isn’t that why they call it “mid season form”?? It often takes 8-9 games to click. We’ve seen this many times including our 2023 season.
I sincerely don’t believe that The Packers have played their best game yet. I’m about 80% sure

Reaction score
I think the found Eric Wilson’s niche. He’s really dynamic at rushing the passer or playing downhill
6 Solo 4 TFL 2 Sacks 2 PD

That was his best game to date

Members online

No members online now.