Vikings at Packers 9/29/24 Pregame Thoughts

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take this game seriously, but I'm not worried about it. I'm surprised at some of the pessimism here... if we're as good a team as we've all spent the last 6 or 8 months telling ourselves and one another that we are, this is a team we should be confident going up against.

I don't see the Vikings as a Top 3 team at all - I see them as roughly a Top 10, maybe 12 club on an early hot streak. They're dangerous, to be sure, but last I checked so are we.

The general consensus in here all summer is that we're a highly probable playoff team and even a possible SB team. If that's true, then we need to be able to beat teams like the Vikings. If we don't expect to be able to do that, then we might want to stop talking so much about playoffs.

Packers, 30-27

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take this game seriously, but I'm not worried about it. I'm surprised at some of the pessimism here... if we're as good a team as we've all spent the last 6 or 8 months telling ourselves and one another that we are, this is a team we should be confident going up against.

I don't see the Vikings as a Top 3 team at all - I see them as roughly a Top 10, maybe 12 club on an early hot streak. They're dangerous, to be sure, but last I checked so are we.

The general consensus in here all summer is that we're a highly probable playoff team and even a possible SB team. If that's true, then we need to be able to beat teams like the Vikings. If we don't expect to be able to do that, then we might want to stop talking so much about playoffs.

Packers, 30-27
Absolutely. It comes down to one of my old favorites sayings from an old Tom and Jerry's cartoon. Is you is or is you ain't?
Packers, 27-20

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score

Packers, 30-27
I agree and I don’t think the Packers feel inferior. I think the Packers just proved they can be competitive Jordan Love or not. Correct me if I’m wrong here but Malik Willis didn’t create 3 Takeaways and 9 Sacks last week. It should’ve been more, Xavier should had 2 INT.
I’ve counted 4 more plays across 3 games that were Defense turnover worthy. Xavier, Quay, J’aire and Nixon have all missed potential INT and 1 was a very close pick 6 (Nixon) OUR takeaway could easily be +11 +12 or more which 3 contests in is Best in decade type stuff.
This is a historically impressive D, they just need more consistency in other areas. That will come.

While MN is likely better than TN, they are not impenetrable either.
I really think we can generate
10-15 pressures and 4-5 Sacks. Plus our DB group as a whole is certainly better than the average NFL team. Hafley will likely need to dial up a few more LB or DB Blitz packages to get Darnold uncomfortable. He’s been to clean in the pocket and we are just the team to speed this thing up.

Last edited:

Members online