Colts at Packers 9/24 Game Thread

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't pretty. Too many penalties, one taking a TD off the board and a missed FG. Running game looked awesome in the 1st half today and our backup QB spot looks solid.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very underwhelming performance on nearly every level
Really? Wow. A W? D holds them to *checks notes* 10 points? Ground game looked solid (even though they knew it was coming). My glass is over half full

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
that game should’ve never been an issue. The Narveson missed FG reminder of our SF game. Make that and it’s likely game over. Can’t miss 45 yarders.

Good overall appearance by our D. Multiple INT 3?
Good ball control until Q4

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh good someone made a thread.

I was at work all day today and was unable to make anything.

Looks like it was a bit of an ugly win I take it

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very underwhelming performance on nearly every level

The typical perpetually unhappy fan

I never get the 'If this would have happened or this would have happened, they would have lost'. Have to imagine the vast majority of NFL games you could look at and if certain things happened the outcome would be different. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The typical perpetually unhappy fan

I never get the 'If this would have happened or this would have happened, they would have lost'. Have to imagine the vast majority of NFL games you could look at and if certain things happened the outcome would be different. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss.
My favorite is the take away this play or that play and they would have won or lost. I always respond with okay if you get to take away one play I get to take away one play. With most games the outcome will be the same if that's the case. They also act like a play in the first half doesn't affect the outcome. If only so and so wouldn't have dropped that touchdown pass in the second quarter we would have won. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe your opponent calls different plays after they give up a touchdown. Instead of a punt maybe they go for it on 4th down. Instead of a run into the line on a third and two they go for a bomb and score their own touchdown. Wins or losses rarely come down to one or two or three plays.

Reaction score
Great to get a win with the backup qb. I wasn't expecting us to win. Shows we are a good football team and a complete football game.

I think if Love is only out 1 or two more games, and the defense improves as the season goes along, which I think they can, I think we can be SB contender.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Notable snap counts for the game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915_205149_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_205149_X.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240915_205142_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_205142_X.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
Josh Jacobs is just freaking special…

But folks this is Tucker Kraft’s coming out game for me. That young man deserves a freaking game ball…his technique in blocking has been exquisite, his leaks have been timed perfect, his route running on a few times even if not targeted were awesome.
Overall he did have a good day. Love me some Tucker he’s broken the 3rd Round curse. I did miss it until my second run through but he did have 1 Whiff. The Defender ran inside him with a clear path for a negative play. But one play doesn’t negate an overall performance. He runs smooth. I love his leak blocks, he almost always catches anything thrown at him and he’s quicker than fast.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Overall he did have a good day. Love me some Tucker he’s broken the 3rd Round curse. I did miss it until my second run through but he did have 1 Whiff. The Defender ran inside him with a clear path for a negative play. But one play doesn’t negate an overall performance. He runs smooth. I love his leak blocks, he almost always catches anything thrown at him and he’s quicker than fast.

So far Tucker is playing better than Musgrave IMO, at least when it comes to blocking. Hope we start seeing more out of Luke in both his blocks and receptions.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that game should’ve never been an issue. The Narveson missed FG reminder of our SF game. Make that and it’s likely game over. Can’t miss 45 yarders.

Good overall appearance by our D. Multiple INT 3?
Good ball control until Q4
Narveson has to get better in crunch time. 3-4 is good but in perfect weather you just cannot miss those with the game on the line. How many kickers delivered yesterday to win games?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Narveson has to get better in crunch time. 3-4 is good but in perfect weather you just cannot miss those with the game on the line. How many kickers delivered yesterday to win games?

So quite a few FGs have been kicked in just two weeks:

148 attempts / 136 Makes
40-49 yards we have had 36 kicked and 28 made (77.8%)

For referencing previous season:

All of last regular season:
1,060 Attempts / 911 Made (86%)
40-49 yards we had 275 attempts / 219 made (79.6%)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So quite a few FGs have been kicked in just two weeks:

148 attempts / 136 Makes
40-49 yards we have had 36 kicked and 28 made (77.8%)

For referencing previous season:

All of last regular season:
1,060 Attempts / 911 Made (86%)
40-49 yards we had 275 attempts / 219 made (79.6%)
Steelers have 1 TD in 2 games and are 2-0. Ironically, the one big miss yesterday that cost a game was Jason Tucker of all kickers against the Raiders.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers have 1 TD in 2 games and are 2-0. Ironically, the one big miss yesterday that cost a game was Jason Tucker of all kickers against the Raiders.

Yup! I mentioned it yesterday, Narveson strikes the ball so much more consistent than Anders ever did. I have massive hope for his future due to this. Yes, I don't want a 75% kicker forever but I think their is promise there.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally understand what you are saying but to play devils advocate Narveson hasn't been asked to win a game yet. You can't hardly knock a kicker for not doing something he hasn't been asked to do. Don't get me wrong a75% FG kicker won't cut it in the long run. I just hope we start scoring more TDs so he doesn't have to keep attempting 4 FGs in a game.

Side notes:
Justin Tucker has missed 2 FGs as well but they were both over 50 yards.

Brandon Aubrey is making it look like my bold prediction of him not finishing in the top 10 of kickers this season might have been a bit too bold.

Members online