The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same thing we heard after TurdBiscuit and BustinFields were drafted. But keep the dreams alive man, it is what makes you a true Blue Bear Fan!
What’s funny is even after last year if Green Bay had somehow had the first overall pick y’all would’ve taken Caleb Williams and the rookie contract and sent Jordan love packing and a tray that probably could’ve got y’all a first rounder maybe more.
But your management team would definitely have taken Caleb and the rookie contract instead of giving a quarter of a billion dollars for going nine and eight and not even making it to a championship game in the playoffs…….. what’s worse……. He alone is the reason you lost. It’s because the team was in a really good position to win that game……. And then Jordan committed the cardinal sin of a quarterback and doubled down by having it be in the playoffs!!!!! It was a selfish play, bc throwing across your body downfield is definitely the most egregious sin of a quarterback in the playoffs.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s up there with Pete Carroll not handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch.
Russell Wilson’s ego also outweighed his common sense because he wanted the touchdown pass too.
They were glory hogs!!!!!
Carol, because he wanted to be asked “How could he throw the ball when everyone in the world knew he was going to hand it off to Marshawn”
Russell Wilson is just as guilty for not having the common sense to go “this is ridiculous…..We’re handing the ball to Marshawn.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s funny is even after last year if Green Bay had somehow had the first overall pick y’all would’ve taken Caleb Williams and the rookie contract and sent Jordan love packing and a tray that probably could’ve got y’all a first rounder maybe more.
But your management team would definitely have taken Caleb and the rookie contract instead of giving a quarter of a billion dollars for going nine and eight and not even making it to a championship game in the playoffs…….. what’s worse……. He alone is the reason you lost. It’s because the team was in a really good position to win that game……. And then Jordan committed the cardinal sin of a quarterback and doubled down by having it be in the playoffs!!!!! It was a selfish play, bc throwing across your body downfield is definitely the most egregious sin of a quarterback in the playoffs.
Let me get this straight. You claim GB would have taken Caleb Williams IF they had the first overall pick this year, and then "sent Jordan Love packing".

Ummm no, that would never have happened. I'm happy with Jordan Love and would take him in a heartbeat over Williams. I think there are people on here who feel the same. You can be happy with Caleb Williams, good for you. And as for all the talk about this newfound Bear superiority, well, let's let the two head-to-head matchups decide that.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You claim GB would have taken Caleb Williams IF they had the first overall pick this year, and then "sent Jordan Love packing".

Ummm no, that would never have happened. I'm happy with Jordan Love and would take him in a heartbeat over Williams. I think there are people on here who feel the same. You can be happy with Caleb Williams, good for you. And as for all the talk about this newfound Bear superiority, well, let's let the two head-to-head matchups decide that.
You honestly believe that the Packers would’ve paid Jordan Love a quarter of a billion dollars, instead of draft Caleb Williams and have 3 or 4 years of a rookie contract. If so… you’re…the average packer fan I guess.
Imagine GB, but with Caleb, and you only have to pay him 40 mill the next 4 years.

You’d have enough money to go get a legitimate #1 WR instead of 2-3 guys that, maybe, 1 will put up a little less than a legit #1 would.

Every free agent that you get will be second tier, IF, we need the same position. We will have more money and we will outbid you and if our QB is better…..well then welcome to what we have endured the last 40 years.

Reaction score
You honestly believe that the Packers would’ve paid Jordan Love a quarter of a billion dollars, instead of draft Caleb Williams and have 3 or 4 years of a rookie contract. If so… you’re…the average packer fan I guess.
Imagine GB, but with Caleb, and you only have to pay him 40 mill the next 4 years.
First of all Caleb Williams hasn’t even taken a snap in the NFL. I suspect he’ll be fine, but there are no guarantees in this league. Often players from all positions are slow to adapt or never fully adapt to the speed of the Pro game. We could fill up pages of Top 10 overall QB’s who never went on to become great QB’s. So when you truly think you have THAT Bonafide Top 10 worthy guy? Youre glad to pay. There are worse problems.

If I had the #1 selection? I’m looking for the best trade suitor outside our Division and likely AFC. Then I’m probably going to trade back slightly a 2nd time into that top 5-7 overall before choosing. Plus taking a haul of picks in trade. Both in 2024 and 25’

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize the Bears had a good 25 years during the 70's, 80's, and early 90's when the Packers were dog$hit but instead y'all only got ONE super bowl.
The Bears had the supposed "greatest team of all time" in 1985, but they couldn't parlay that into another Super Bowl.

But your management team would definitely have taken Caleb and the rookie contract instead of giving a quarter of a billion dollars for going nine and eight and not even making it to a championship game in the playoffs
If you think the Packers would have taken Caleb Williams with the number one pick and traded Love off, you don't understand how GB builds their football teams. Jordan Love is good at least in part because he sat for three years and learned under Aaron Rodgers. We're not trading that off for someone who hasn't played a down yet in the NFL. Almost certainly, if the Packers had the #1 pick, they would have traded it off for as much as they could get for it.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uuggggghhhh.
Brah, rmontro, do yourself a favor young pup and do a little research as to why the Bears did not go to the Super Bowl in 1986, 87’ and maybe 88’. If you can show your….words….afterwards, come back and talk to me.
Oh…jsyk, the 85’ team IS the best team ever. I don’t even have to say our name…..people just know when you say the year 85’.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uuggggghhhh.
Brah, rmontro, do yourself a favor young pup and do a little research as to why the Bears did not go to the Super Bowl in 1986, 87’ and maybe 88’. If you can show your….words….afterwards, come back and talk to me.
I'm not a young pup, I bet I remember those teams better than you do. Anyway, why they failed to win another Super Bowl is irrelevant, the fact is they didn't, and that's all you need to know. I'm not picking on the Bears here, the same goes for the Packers failures.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You’d have enough money to go get a legitimate #1 WR instead of 2-3 guys that, maybe, 1 will put up a little less than a legit #1 would.

Every free agent that you get will be second tier, IF, we need the same position. We will have more money and we will outbid you and if our QB is better…..well then welcome to what we have endured the last 40 years.
You say that I'm an average Packer fan. Thanks for the compliment!

Old School and rmontro are spot one in their responses to you.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It a loaded question to insinuate that my guys just weren’t up to the challenge to win it all again in 86’ or 87’. Anyways past is past.
I just don’t understand what the big deal is in admitting that if y’all had had the number one pic you would’ve traded Jordan Love for a first next yr and more. Then draft Caleb, laugh horrendously in Bears fans faces again….and then you’d have had your 3rd HoF QB, be in a perfect cap position and still have extra picks in the draft next year.
I’d imagine that would all sound awesome…. and I’ll let you in on a little secret….. it is awesome because that’s my team,Daaaaaa Bearsssssss, that I’m describing….not the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It a loaded question to insinuate that my guys just weren’t up to the challenge to win it all again in 86’ or 87’. Anyways past is past.
I just don’t understand what the big deal is in admitting that if y’all had had the number one pic you would’ve traded Jordan Love for a first next yr and more. Then draft Caleb, laugh horrendously in Bears fans faces again….and then you’d have had your 3rd HoF QB, be in a perfect cap position and still have extra picks in the draft next year.
I’d imagine that would all sound awesome…. and I’ll let you in on a little secret….. it is awesome because that’s my team,Daaaaaa Bearsssssss, that I’m describing….not the Packers.
One problem and it's a big problem with your assertion. Green Bay fans are very happy with Jordan Love and his future. Your annoyingly pointing to only his first year record as a starter, with a super young offense no less is pathetic. It actually indicates to me that you either don't know much about football or you just hate the Packers so much, you can't think clearly. Add to that, your parading Caleb Williams around as some sort of lock to be a HOF QB, tells me that you've drank way too much Orange and black Kool-aid, and it's rotted your brain.

Good luck finding ANY Packer fan or probably any average knowledged NFL football fan for that matter, that would prefer having Caleb Williams over Jordan Love.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One problem and it's a big problem with your assertion. Green Bay fans are very happy with Jordan Love and his future. Your annoyingly pointing to only his first year record as a starter, with a super young offense no less is pathetic. It actually indicates to me that you either don't know much about football or you just hate the Packers so much, you can't think clearly. Add to that, your parading Caleb Williams around as some sort of lock to be a HOF QB, tells me that you've drank way too much Orange and black Kool-aid, and it's rotted your brain.

Good luck finding ANY Packer fan or probably any average knowledged NFL football fan for that matter, that would prefer having Caleb Williams over Jordan Love.
Every 1st round qb pick by the bears.

Where are they now?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My opinion, for what its worth.

I'm not so sure that drafting Love was all that calculated. He just happened to be one of many players that was high on their board and suddenly dropped far enough in the 1st round to be within their reach. It wasn't like they traded way up in the first round to get him either. The opportunity and final decision to do so probably happened quite quickly in the draft room and I really doubt in those few minutes anyone said "Maybe we should consult with/warn Aaron first about this?"

As far as letting Rodgers know pre-draft that they had a QB ranked high in the first round? Just not necessary, if consulting with Rodgers about the draft wasn't something they ever did.
I see it the same way. I rarely disagree with Heyjoe, but we part company on this one.

Gereen Bay went into that draft with the #30 pick, in a year that was rich with talent in areas where we had at least some immediate need. As I recall, wide receivers and linebackers were areas where we could reasonably have expected to have some options, but again - at #30, there's not a GM in the league who could have realistically expected any specific player to be available at that slot. All the #30 team can do is have a number of contingency plans in place just in case any one of a dozen (or couple of dozen) players happened to be options.

They rank potential 1st round picks not just on how good they are, but how likely it is that each one may still be on the board in their general range of picks, and what it might take to jump up a few spots and scoop 'em up if they drop a few slots and we get a shot at them. (@tynimiller, @AmishMafia, and the others who know a lot more about this than I do, please put me in my place whereever I'm wrong. I'd always rather be embarrassed than wrong).

From what I've read, it seems certain that they definitely had Love identified as a possible target from the outset - but it probably wasn't something they gamed out extensively, because literally dozens of random moving parts would have had to fall into place in exactly the right sequence. If it happened it happened, but it seems highly unlikely that they ever actually intended it.

In fact, there is credible reporting saying that when they started negotiating the trade with the Dolphins, it was was with the intent of drafting Brandon Ayuk (which would have sent Rodgers into a frenzy of somersaults and cartwheels). According to this line of thinking, Green Bay was surprlsed that while they were still working out a deal with Miami, the 9ers were busy trading up with Minnesota to grab Ayuk at #25.

But when the Packers recalculated on the spur of the moment their evaluation of the choices still in play, they quickly decided that Love was the best player on the board. So they decided to seal the deal with the Fins regardless, and there we are. It seems very unlikely that Green Bay ever had a serious intention to trade up from #30 to #26 to draft Love.

I'm sure they knew it was a remote possilblity, but until the moment it happened, it was a remote possibility. Why would they notify Love that there was a slight chance of this? Especially knowing what a huffy head case he was, and how easily he could work himself into a snit fit?

Why **** him off by telling him, "Hey, Aaron, just so ya know, we might draft a potential replacement for you this year. Or then again, we might not, too. Who knows? We're not planning to do it, but it might happen anyway. We just want you to be aware that we're either going to, or we're not going to, so... yeah... whatever."

I don't see any reason at all they should have contacted him in he offseason and warned him about the possibility. Why **** him off for no reason?

Especially since he publicly and explicity said, just a few weeks before the drfaft...

"Well, look, I'm realistic; I know where we're at as an organization and where I'm at in my career. I still feel like I have a ton of years left playing at a high level. I'm confident enough. I've always felt like it doesn't matter who you bring in, they're not going to be able to beat me out any time soon. I feel really confident about my abilities and my play.

"We've drafted guys over the years. I think my first year starting we drafted two quarterbacks, in 2008. We've drafted various guys over the years. I understand the business and the nature of it, obviously love to bring guys in that are going to be able to play and compete right away. I understand it's a business. I wouldn't have a problem."

So a few weeks later they go ahead and draft a longterm project player, and suddenly he's the bride who was left at the altar? Man up, dude - grow up. Go back and read your own interview from a few weeks ago, and stop the drama.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it the same way. I rarely disagree with Heyjoe, but we part company on this one.

Gereen Bay went into that draft with the #30 pick, in a year that was rich with talent in areas where we had at least some immediate need. As I recall, wide receivers and linebackers were areas where we could reasonably have expected to have some options, but again - at #30, there's not a GM in the league who could have realistically expected any specific player to be available at that slot. All the #30 team can do is have a number of contingency plans in place just in case any one of a dozen (or couple of dozen) players happened to be options.

They rank potential 1st round picks not just on how good they are, but how likely it is that each one may still be on the board in their general range of picks, and what it might take to jump up a few spots and scoop 'em up if they drop a few slots and we get a shot at them. (@tynimiller, @AmishMafia, and the others who know a lot more about this than I do, please put me in my place whereever I'm wrong. I'd always rather be embarrassed than wrong).

From what I've read, it seems certain that they definitely had Love identified as a possible target from the outset - but it probably wasn't something they gamed out extensively, because literally dozens of random moving parts would have had to fall into place in exactly the right sequence. If it happened it happened, but it seems highly unlikely that they ever actually intended it.

In fact, there is credible reporting saying that when they started negotiating the trade with the Dolphins, it was was with the intent of drafting Brandon Ayuk (which would have sent Rodgers into a frenzy of somersaults and cartwheels). According to this line of thinking, Green Bay was surprlsed that while they were still working out a deal with Miami, the 9ers were busy trading up with Minnesota to grab Ayuk at #25.

But when the Packers recalculated on the spur of the moment their evaluation of the choices still in play, they quickly decided that Love was the best player on the board. So they decided to seal the deal with the Fins regardless, and there we are. It seems very unlikely that Green Bay ever had a serious intention to trade up from #30 to #26 to draft Love.

I'm sure they knew it was a remote possilblity, but until the moment it happened, it was a remote possibility. Why would they notify Love that there was a slight chance of this? Especially knowing what a huffy head case he was, and how easily he could work himself into a snit fit?

Why **** him off by telling him, "Hey, Aaron, just so ya know, we might draft a potential replacement for you this year. Or then again, we might not, too. Who knows? We're not planning to do it, but it might happen anyway. We just want you to be aware that we're either going to, or we're not going to, so... yeah... whatever."

I don't see any reason at all they should have contacted him in he offseason and warned him about the possibility. Why **** him off for no reason?

Especially since he publicly and explicity said, just a few weeks before the drfaft...

So a few weeks later they go ahead and draft a longterm project player, and suddenly he's the bride who was left at the altar? Man up, dude - grow up. Go back and read your own interview from a few weeks ago, and stop the drama.
You do make an interesting point 13, and one I agree with - ahead of the draft, the Packers had no specific plan to move up and draft Love in the first round. As always, a good GM plays the board as its falls, especially in the back third of the round. But Gluten was certainly ready to take a QB in round one if it played out reasonably well.

Should he have told Rodgers that he was at a point where he might take a QB with the first pick? I still think yes, he lets him know, even though it may not have happened. So we agree to disagree. As you say, a rare occurrence.

And FWIW, the fact that it wasn't communicated doesn't justify Rodgers later behavior and saying he wanted out of GB. That was the start of a few years of unnecessary drama. So there was blame to go around.

All in the past anyway. I don't much care about Rodgers's feelings, and I'm glad Love is in GB. (I will also admit I didn't like the Love pick and I'm glad I was wrong about that!)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't much care about Rodgers's feelings, and I'm glad Love is in GB.
Obviously in hindsight, we are happy to have Love as quarterback. What we don't know is was there an alternative pick at the time that would have given us a Lombardi in the next couple of years with Rodgers? Probably not, but no once can say for sure.

That was the main reason people were unhappy with the pick at the time - because we wanted to improve the team now. And IMO that was the reason Rodgers was unhappy - not because they picked his successor, but because they weren't going all in on the team with him as QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Obviously in hindsight, we are happy to have Love as quarterback. What we don't know is was there an alternative pick at the time that would have given us a Lombardi in the next couple of years with Rodgers? Probably not, but no once can say for sure.

That was the main reason people were unhappy with the pick at the time - because we wanted to improve the team now. And IMO that was the reason Rodgers was unhappy - not because they picked his successor, but because they weren't going all in on the team with him as QB.
My thoughts on that. I really doubt a WR, selected in the 2020 draft changes much of the trajectory of the team in the few years that followed. Possible? Sure. Possibly the one WR that would have done that would have been Justin Jefferson. So maybe they should have tried to move up even further and made a trade with the Bills to grab him at 22?

As it turns out they didn't take a WR and l am very happy that Love was the selection, since I truly believe he can change the trajectory of this teams future for years to come. Jefferson is a great WR, but you don't see the Vikings contending with him.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but in either scenario, my hindsight says a Future Star QB has more potential to change a teams fortunes than a future star WR.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good point. I think a lot of fans, including me, were disappointed with the pick for just that reason. And then Rodgers went on to win two MVP awards. Could one draft pick have meant a SB? Probably not but it’s hard not to wonder.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're going to win another Lombardi, maybe we had better hurry up and get it before we get priced out of the market.

That's the conventional wisdom, and certainly has been the last couple of decades. And with most teams, it's still the way it is, because most teams seem to follow the same general management patterns. Gutekunst clearly has his own theories, and they seem to be working better and better every season now.

Well you're right. There is a window for almost every team (the Chiefs just always seem to be in contention, but they are an exception). That window for the Packers is looking to be the next 2, maybe 3 years. And it depends on Love playing as well as he did in the last half of the 2023 season.
Brady and Belichik say, "snicker snicker... here, hold our beers".

It can be done, but the NFL is a copycat league and unfortunately for most teams, the GMs have been copyiing the wrong models - probably because very few of them are smart enough or disciplned enough to follow Belichiik's lead. Gutekunst may be the guy who can emulate him well enough to duplicate at least some measure of his success.

Amen. On one part I agree with you on that 2-3 years is our best chance. Id maybe extend that out farther if Love is the real deal. think that window opens up across 15 seasons. Although it will come in 3-4 “spurts” of winning formula across that 15 years. I’m not expecting every year to never present challenges either. But yeah we’re poised if Hafley is better than Barry imo.
It's not only Love, but the front office and coaching staff as well. As long as Gute can continue keep the shelves stocked by a combination of stellar scouting and draft management that essdentially allows him to draft 1.5 years worth of players (or more) each spring, and LaFleur continues to improve, our window will basically be 15 years - with some of those years being reloading/recalibrating seasons, and most of them years when we have a solid chance every single January.

Anyone who has Apple TV might enjoy "The Dynasty", a 4-5 part series breaking down how that developed.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the conventional wisdom, and certainly has been the last couple of decades. And with most teams, it's still the way it is, because most teams seem to follow the same general management patterns. Gutekunst clearly has his own theories, and they seem to be working better and better every season now.

Brady and Belichik say, "snicker snicker... here, hold our beers".

It can be done, but the NFL is a copycat league and unfortunately for most teams, the GMs have been copyiing the wrong models - probably because very few of them are smart enough or disciplned enough to follow Belichiik's lead. Gutekunst may be the guy who can emulate him well enough to duplicate at least some measure of his success.

It's not only Love, but the front office and coaching staff as well. As long as Gute can continue keep the shelves stocked by a combination of stellar scouting and draft management that essdentially allows him to draft 1.5 years worth of players (or more) each spring, and LaFleur continues to improve, our window will basically be 15 years - with some of those years being reloading/recalibrating seasons, and most of them years when we have a solid chance every single January.

Anyone who has Apple TV might enjoy "The Dynasty", a 4-5 part series breaking down how that developed.
I should have mentioned the Pats in my comment. What a unique team. I'm still trying to figure out what made it all tick for so many years. Until Brady left, I was convinced it was Bellichik's genius (and certainly having a GOAT in Brady helped). But when Brady left, the Pats faltered badly. Bellichik, after several average to horrible seasons, is out of coaching.

So maybe it was Brady who was "the stick that stirred the drink" as Reggie Jackson once said of the Yankees. Brady's SB win with the Bucs supports that. He was just a very good, very consistent QB who worked harder than anyone else and elevated the players around him. 7 rings is amazing, as was that Patriots's organization and Bellichik. Can the Chiefs match it? Maybe. I'll wait until the Packers win their 3rd SB under Gluten to even put him in the conversation.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should have mentioned the Pats in my comment. What a unique team. I'm still trying to figure out what made it all tick for so many years. Until Brady left, I was convinced it was Bellichik's genius (and certainly having a GOAT in Brady helped). But when Brady left, the Pats faltered badly. Bellichik, after several average to horrible seasons, is out of coaching.
I also was of the opinion that Belichick was the driving force behind the Patriots success. Then Brady leaves and wins a ring with another team, while the Pats fall apart. So that would seem to suggest otherwise, but maybe things in NE simply ran their course. They say Lombardi got out of Green Bay right before its inevitable decline.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also was of the opinion that Belichick was the driving force behind the Patriots success. Then Brady leaves and wins a ring with another team, while the Pats fall apart. So that would seem to suggest otherwise, but maybe things in NE simply ran their course. They say Lombardi got out of Green Bay right before its inevitable decline.
I think it was a team that worked well with both Belichick and Brady. Had Belichick been the one that left first, I doubt the Patriots continue their dominance with just Brady. That said, as painful as it is to say, Tom Brady was and will be, until someone knocks him out of the conversation, the GOAT QB.

Mahomes and Reed are gaining ground though, so it will be interesting to see how long they can keep it going in K.C.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Funny how the NFL works to push parity, but these dynasties keep happening regardless.
I think when you have a top 5 QB, as well as a very savvy GM and Coach, the chance of success is high. Someone in the Chiefs organization that doesn't get a lot of press is their GM Brett Veach. He took over the job in 2017 and since then, the Chiefs have a regular season record of 85-30.

Reid obviously deserves a ton of credit too. In 11 seasons under Reid, the Chiefs have recorded 10 10-plus win seasons, logging a . 715 (128-51) winning percentage, which is the top mark in franchise history.

Then you have Mahomes, who I think is just a great QB in the Clutch. Since becoming the Chiefs starting QB, Patrick is 74-22. Even more impressive and why I think they are making it to and winning Super Bowls, he is 15-3 in playoff games. 2 of those loses were in AFC Championship games and the other 1, in the 2021 Superbowl, against none other than Tom Brady (Bucs). Interesting enough, 1 of his AFC Championship losses (2019) was also against Tom Brady (Patriots).

As Packer fans, we can only hope that the combination of Gute-MLF-Love can lead to the kind of success that Belichick-Brady and Veach-Reid-Mahomes, all had.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think when you have a top 5 QB, as well as a very savvy GM and Coach, the chance of success is high. Someone in the Chiefs organization that doesn't get a lot of press is their GM Brett Veach. He took over the job in 2017 and since then, the Chiefs have a regular season record of 85-30.

Reid obviously deserves a ton of credit too. In 11 seasons under Reid, the Chiefs have recorded 10 10-plus win seasons, logging a . 715 (128-51) winning percentage, which is the top mark in franchise history.

Then you have Mahomes, who I think is just a great QB in the Clutch. Since becoming the Chiefs starting QB, Patrick is 74-22. Even more impressive and why I think they are making it to and winning Super Bowls, he is 15-3 in playoff games. 2 of those loses were in AFC Championship games and the other 1, in the 2021 Superbowl, against none other than Tom Brady (Bucs). Interesting enough, 1 of his AFC Championship losses (2019) was also against Tom Brady (Patriots).

As Packer fans, we can only hope that the combination of Gute-MLF-Love can lead to the kind of success that Belichick-Brady and Veach-Reid-Mahomes, all had.

Yup. The Chiefs successfully pulled off what the packers tried to do with Rodgers. Mahomes wasn't great last year (kinda like Rodgers when Rodgers had no weapons in the passing game) BUT the Chiefs built a terrific defense that carried them most of the time and then, in the playoffs, they had Kelce for Mahomes to lean on. It's a REALLY hard thing to build an elite defense because there's not one position that elevates everyone else like there is on offense (a great QB makes everyone better). Dynasties will always exist in the NFL because having an elite QB naturally make it easier to win than not having a good QB. Those teams with elite QBs keep them for a long time and tend to win more often just because they have a leg up on everyone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts