The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't think we traded up for AR
Deviating greatly from the AR vs Love discussion...but is it the trade up for Love that is the problem with some/many? For a possible 3rd HOF QB it was worth a shot at such a valuable position, imho.
Drafted by GB via trade up:
Savage, Amari Rodgers, Alexander, Burks, Spriggs, Hundley, J. Worthy, C. Hayward, T. Manning, M. Burnett, CM3, J. Thompson, B. Underwood, etc.

Some of these trade ups were huge successes, some were flops.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he was. However, the post you were referring to was below, and it specifically mentioned trading up.
I think that's an odd additional qualifier though. Bottom line is he was a first round pick like Rodgers was. Seems like some people are still just hanging onto every reason not to like JL for some reason.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had stayed put and picked Love there would be no less detractors on him and that selection than there already is...it merely moves the needle a tiny bit we traded up.

I was one that was massive fan of Love but NOT the pick at all given our team make up and situation I saw it in...trading up was NEVER a part of the feelings for me at least personally.

Reaction score
Either way, I am fully expecting us to draft a first round QB in 2036.
Well.. Holy prognostications Batman. Nicely done.

In the meantime.. let us give the Bears a beatdown of biblical proportions and whip them like bad little GoldiLocks n the 3 Bears.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think even Packer fans are struggling to understand just how well he has played since Halloween...seriously folks you get this kind of play over a whole season you'll win divisions and go to conference championships....now whether it turns into more is a crapshoot. However, the question is if that is who Love is, is he more the first half...or is he somewhere inbetween.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think even Packer fans are struggling to understand just how well he has played since Halloween...seriously folks you get this kind of play over a whole season you'll win divisions and go to conference championships....now whether it turns into more is a crapshoot. However, the question is if that is who Love is, is he more the first half...or is he somewhere inbetween.
I don't think the first half was on him at all really. Yeah, a few passes could have been a bit more on target, but he had receivers running sloppy/wrong routes and dropping passes. MLF was also dumbing down the offense for him for some reason. Once his receivers matured (which they have done QUICKLY) and MLF took the training wheels off he's been lights out ever since. I don't think his ceiling is in view yet.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that. Over the last few weeks watching him I’m thinking “this guy is looking pretty good right now” and then I look at the numbers and I’m like “this guys literally playing like a top-5 QB right now”. Like, MVP-type of level…

And it’s crazy to me just how fast it seemed to click. Everything was looking so disjointed and messy early on… and then it’s like overnight he and his WRs got on the same page and LaFleur decided to let him open it up a little more and it’s like it all clicked at once. Just have to be really pleased.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that. Over the last few weeks watching him I’m thinking “this guy is looking pretty good right now” and then I look at the numbers and I’m like “this guys literally playing like a top-5 QB right now”. Like, MVP-type of level…

And it’s crazy to me just how fast it seemed to click. Everything was looking so disjointed and messy early on… and then it’s like overnight he and his WRs got on the same page and LaFleur decided to let him open it up a little more and it’s like it all clicked at once. Just have to be really pleased.
We all keep talking about Love's development this year but not enough about our receivers and TEs.

I don't know that we've ever had a receiving corps where we can lose our top two or three guys and hardly miss a beat. The way I see it, we have two legit #1 guys in Watson and Reed, two legit #2 guys in Wicks and Doubs (argument could be made for Wicks being a #1 guy) and two legit #3 guys in Heath and Melton.

On top of that, we have two rookie TEs who both have 25+ catches, 300+ yards and at least 1 TD. That has only happened one other time since 1970. Any guesses as to who those two were?

This offense just keeps getting better and better. I don't think we need any more skill players on offense except for maybe drafting Jones' eventual replacement (wouldn't mind seeing Blake Corum in G&G.) Reinforce that OL a little bit and this offense will be absolutely potent next year.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On top of that, we have two rookie TEs who both have 25+ catches, 300+ yards and at least 1 TD. That has only happened one other time since 1970. Any guesses as to who those two were?

Only what would have been the most lethal TE combo EVER.....Gronk and the murderer.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just DAMN.

Seriously folks…this kid came in and swear if this was twelve with this roster we’d have a MVP finalist…

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

yxz1000r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus he seems like an absolute great guy. No side line tantrums. Just super level headed. Can’t believe it to be honest.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best part of that stat is 2 of the "drops" were incredibly close to being TD's.
I thought the first one was. The ball was knocked out of his hand after his butt hit the ground. I would say incomplete if he bobbled it on his own but he didn't. It was like the Doubs catch along the sideline a couple weeks ago.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the first one was. The ball was knocked out of his hand after his butt hit the ground. I would say incomplete if he bobbled it on his own but he didn't. It was like the Doubs catch along the sideline a couple weeks ago.
Agree, he lost control AFTER he was "down". I hate the "must maintain control through the process of the catch" verbiage.