Studs n duds Brazil edition

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the nullified TD the Eagles had a guy trying to get off the field - we had 12 guys. HTF does THAT happen? I guess no word on Love yet? I’d think the have an MRI available to them in Brazil.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Guessing that the Packers plane is close to landing, Packer nation is holding its collective breaths as they wait for the news on Love's injury.

If Ryan Tannehill got a call in the middle of the night from Gute, that would be a bad sign.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the nullified TD the Eagles had a guy trying to get off the field - we had 12 guys. HTF does THAT happen? I guess no word on Love yet? I’d think the have an MRI available to them in Brazil.
Tried to catch them taking too long and did. Unfortunately our own guy was lollygagging getting off on the opposite side.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stole time and fifteen yards. Was an idiot hero ball.
When you have a return guy like Nixon, I think the gamble was worth it.

It didn't work out, but had it, maybe he puts the ball at midfield or even scores a TD. I guess what I am saying is this, when you are down to needing a TD with under 30 seconds to go, your long play options are limited. At least after a KO return, the clock automatically stops, it doesn't after a sack or completion in the middle of the field.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to be mad at Nixon, I think you've got to put it on the coaching staff. No doubt that they green lighted him taking a shot.

I hated it, but if your ST coordinator didn't tell him "take a knee, we need all the yards and seconds we can save", then it's on Bisaccia.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It didn't work out, but had it, maybe he puts the ball at midfield or even scores a TD. I guess what I am saying is this, when you are down to needing a TD with under 30 seconds to go, your long play options are limited. At least after a KO return, the clock automatically stops, it doesn't after a sack or completion in the middle of the field.
I tend to agree. We are talking about the difference of a fraction of a percentage. For instance… ESPN’s win probability model gave Philly a 99.9% chance to win on 4th and 3 *before* they took their field goal. If we take the touchback there… what’s that percentage move to? 99.8%? It’s an *extremely* low probability situation no matter how you slice it and i don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world to hope for a miracle play there.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually thought Philly taking the FG was the bad percentage call:

Attempt TD:
Succeed: Philly leads by 9, game over

Fail: GB ball at own 1, need 65 yards just to attempt FG for win, not guaranteed

FG:

GB ball back down 5 with 25 seconds, need 70 yards for guaranteed win (if you take touchback)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Can't believe Love didn't look both ways (like crossing a street) to make sure all of his players made it off the field before calling for the ball.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to be mad at Nixon, I think you've got to put it on the coaching staff. No doubt that they green lighted him taking a shot.

I hated it, but if your ST coordinator didn't tell him "take a knee, we need all the yards and seconds we can save", then it's on Bisaccia.
Nixon was really the only backfield defender I saw playing with intensity like we did at the end of last year. I think that is actually more important than putting more talented guys at each position out there. They need to swarm to the ball.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Can't believe Love didn't look both ways (like crossing a street) to make sure all of his players made it off the field before calling for the ball.
I think you're supposed to look left, then right, then left again.

In all seriousness though, I didn't take his post as blaming Love necessarily. To me whoever didn't make it off the field has to be on top of what is going on and get his butt off the field.

Probably best not to be doing our own subbing when we're trying to catch the defense subbing.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In all seriousness though, I didn't take his post as blaming Love necessarily. To me whoever didn't make it off the field has to be on top of what is going on and get his butt off the field.

Probably best not to be doing our own subbing when we're trying to catch the defense subbing.
While not subbing might be right; Love should make sure we are all off the field. His responsibility.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I think Love was trying to pull a Rodgers and didn't realize a guy was subbing in. That will improve over time, but so will the opponents study of game film.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Attempt TD:

Fail: GB ball at own 1, need 65 yards just to attempt FG for win, not guaranteed

FG:

GB ball back down 5 with 25 seconds, need 70 yards for guaranteed win (if you take touchback)
Agree.

I was kind of glad to see them kick that FG, which they also could have missed/blocked.

Packers need to figure out how to pick up 1 yard for first downs. Yes, the Packers snuffed out the Eagles push **** a few times, but it is still pretty effective. They need their own version of the "Packing It In".

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Worth it? Not when you only have 30 seconds to work with in that instance. Time and field position was more important.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attempt TD:

FG:

No, take the points and make a TD by GB beat you.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Which I already said that in my original post about the bonehead decision.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, take the points and make a TD by GB beat you.
Totally disagree.

Again, 65 yards just to get a SHOT at a FG that you might miss.

Versus

70 yards to guarantee a win. I'm almost certain the analytics would have supported going for it.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a game where I have tons of thoughts and a few what in Sam **** moments the cake is Nixon running it out at the end….

Unless Bissacia told him to, if I was MLF that was Nixons LAST time back there for a while. Biggest bonehead move…

Not Nixons first time making a decision like that idk that was inexplicable. I can't imagine anyway the coaches told him to do that.

Alexander's decision on the int was also dumb

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not Nixons first time making a decision like that idk that was inexplicable. I can't imagine anyway the coaches told him to do that.

Alexander's decision on the int was also dumb
In that situation though, if you DON'T want him taking it out under any circumstances -- coaching staff needs to say something beforehand.

I think they were OK with it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In that situation though, if you DON'T want him taking it out under any circumstances -- coaching staff needs to say something beforehand.

I think they were OK with it.

Like I said before, I think he was given the greenlight to return it. If he wasn't and told specifically, "Don't take it out of the EZ", then we will probably hear about it.

With the new kicking format, if the kick is into the EZ, that decision has to almost be "premeditated". It isn't like the days of old where a returner could see how things are breaking ahead of him. Since nobody could move, until it was in Nixon's hands, he was going no matter what I think. Guessing the other 10 Packer players were made aware of it as well.

Too bad it didn't work out, but had it, I think people would be talking about how smart of a dice roll it was.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said before, I think he was given the greenlight to return it. If he wasn't and told specifically, "Don't take it out of the EZ", then we will probably hear about it.

With the new kicking format, if the kick is into the EZ, that decision has to almost be "premeditated". It isn't like the days of old where a returner could see how things are breaking ahead of him. Since nobody could move, until it was in Nixon's hands, he was going no matter what I think. Guessing the other 10 Packer players were made aware of it as well.

Too bad it didn't work out, but had it, I think people would be talking about how smart of a dice roll it was.
The problem I saw was that Nixon did not run it back well. If he's going to run it back; he needs to run full speed ahead. And probably not immediately up the middle. His return looked doom right from the start.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is pretty rudimentary, but your ACL in your PCL basically form an X inside your knee and stabilize it and opposing directions if your PCL is ruptured your lower leg will slip one way if your ACL is ruptured it will slip the other way so they can test to see if one or the other is ruptured most commonly the ACL But the lower leg is not unstable. They can probably tell even without an MRI that the ACL is not totally ruptured on the outside much faster without surgery as long as it’s not totally ruptured. aa