Studs & Duds - Indianapolis

Reaction score
Rewatching the game, I kind of forgot about those drops. The Colts had a couple key drops that cost them first downs and forced them to punt. And I agree, that's not happening every game. On top of it, they were not drops forced by the defense. They were wide open flubs by the WRs.
That is true they did. It’s only fair to factor in ours when speaking to drops though. Jacobs 1 drop alone puts GB up 17-0 at the beginning of Qtr2. So we can mention some drops by our opponent that’s fine, but no drop impacted the game more than ours at the 1 yard line. Thats dropping 7 points to our opponent. Thats a gift. That’s not happening every game either. The Packers dropped 10 points and very easily could’ve been 26 points scored. Give them their 2 drops, but then give us our 10 points back

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
That is true they did. It’s only fair to factor in ours when speaking to drops though. Jacobs 1 drop alone puts GB up 17-0 at the beginning of Qtr2. So we can mention some drops by our opponent that’s fine, but no drop impacted the game more than ours at the 1 yard line. Thats dropping 7 points to our opponent. Thats a gift. That’s not happening every game either. The Packers dropped 10 points and very easily could’ve been 26 points scored. Give them their 2 drops, but then give us our 10 points back
That's a fair point, but I think it goes back to controlling the things that you can control. The point is, we cannot let WRs get wide open on 3rd down and expect to get buy with other teams mistakes. Shore up that defense to make sure the play is at least contended.

Reaction score
That's a fair point, but I think it goes back to controlling the things that you can control. The point is, we cannot let WRs get wide open on 3rd down and expect to get buy with other teams mistakes. Shore up that defense to make sure the play is at least contended.
Absolutely we need to work on problem areas. The point I was supplying is more that those problem areas are more magnified in a close Win or Loss. Josh holding onto the ball is critical, but especially on a 1st n Goal from that close to Points. If Josh fixes that and we Win that game 23-10 we probably wouldn’t be as focused on a couple of potential catches that might amount to a FG. If Narveson makes that FG? It could’ve easily been 26-10 and you and I wouldn’t likely be picking this game apart. I do it also I’m not pointing fingers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gotta also stud the game plan. I said beforehand that the recipe to use was the Texans. In Week 1, The Texans doubled the clock usage, owning the ball exactly 40:00 minutes to the Colts 20:00 min

Poor Indy. They literally had that happen again in consecutive weeks.
GB 40:11 Colts 19:49. That was brilliantly executed by our Running game and shorter ball control passing.
Thus far, the Colts Offense has only had the ball for 39:49 min. of 120 minutes.

Stud: Keepaway Gameplan

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand the way Levis has played things may not be so bad when TN has the ball. Opportunities for great field position after a turnover.

Reaction score
On the other hand the way Levis has played things may not be so bad when TN has the ball. Opportunities for great field position after a turnover.
Yeah. I went ahead and watched the full first Tennessee contest last night.

Takeaways from this:
Obviously the TN OL was a little bit sloppy like many 1st week games. Levis looked like a good athlete overall.. with more the demeanor of a Rookie. He was not seasoned at all and several passes were either off target or broken pass plays. He sprinkled in a few medium sized chunks with a nicely thrown ball, but he’s not some elite QB either (at least yet). Mildy inconsistent mixed with a few dangerous throws when under duress. He was fortunate on 1 sideline pass when being Sacked. Just take the -6 you can’t give up easy points there. Mistakes you see with 1st year Starter. He doesn’t worry me he might might be a smidge better than Malik, but only because of added prep time. Yet Malik is very confident and has 3 NFL Offseasons and Preseasons which really helped him grow.

Chicago did an above average job of supplying pressure. JC Latham is ok.. REALLY looks the Part.. BUT he was beat around the Edge a couple times AND did not fare well with Stunts. He’d lose his way there in several occasions putting his QB in trouble. Their RT succumbed to the Bull Rush by Sweat. Hes good, but very moveable for Rashan Gary imo. Just an average anchor. I would not call them bad.. but this isn’t The Eagles either. Potential to disrupt with our DL/LB. I feel like we’re slightly better in the trenches our DL vs their OL. Although I suppose you could argue the Reverse with Simmons and Landry and their ability anchor on D to sniff gaps and shoot through for TFL

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah. I went ahead and watched the full first Tennessee contest last night.

Takeaways from this:
Obviously the TN OL was a little bit sloppy like many 1st week games. Levis looked like a good athlete overall.. with more the demeanor of a Rookie. He was not seasoned at all and several passes were either off target or broken pass plays. He sprinkled in a few medium sized chunks with a nicely thrown ball, but he’s not some elite QB either (at least yet). Mildy inconsistent mixed with a few dangerous throws when under duress. He was fortunate on 1 sideline pass when being Sacked. Just take the -6 you can’t give up easy points there. Mistakes you see with 1st year Starter. He doesn’t worry me he might might be a smidge better than Malik, but only because of added prep time. Yet Malik is very confident and has 3 NFL Offseasons and Preseasons which really helped him grow.

Chicago did an above average job of supplying pressure. JC Latham is ok.. REALLY looks the Part.. BUT he was beat around the Edge a couple times AND did not fare well with Stunts. He’d lose his way there in several occasions putting his QB in trouble. Their RT succumbed to the Bull Rush by Sweat. Hes good, but very moveable for Rashan Gary imo. Just an average anchor. I would not call them bad.. but this isn’t The Eagles either. Potential to disrupt with our DL/LB. I feel like we’re slightly better in the trenches our DL vs their OL. Although I suppose you could argue the Reverse with Simmons and Landry and their ability anchor on D to sniff gaps and shoot through for TFL
I want to see the defense keep Pollard at 65 yards or less on the ground. IMO, he will be the Titans difference on offense. If he has a big day, might be a long day for the Packers. The good news, I don't think either of their TE's (Vannett and Okonkwo) are all that great. That said, Ridley and Hopkins are 2 WR's that can get hot and hurt you. Hopkins has been very quiet in the first 2 games, but he was coming off of a sprained MCL and Titans HC Brian Callahan said he wants to get Hopkins more involved.

All in all I think our defense matches up pretty well with the Titans, will be up to the offense to put up 20 points or more AND not turn the ball over.

Members online