Negative nancy

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if this was supposed to be rhetorical, but the answers are 'yes' and 'yes'. Having lived in Wisconsin during the Lombardi years and having watched every documentary I can, I'd add that he felt some of the games he won were failures, and the players had better not try that again.

Lombardi was considered a great motivator but IMO you don't motivate people by continually telling them they suck and they are losers. You may be able to motivate them by telling them they can do better and they should expect better things from themselves. Its not the same ting. If Bart Starr had not scored on that sneak and the Packers had lost the Ice Bowl somehow I doubt that Lombardi would have been telling his players in the locker room afterward that they sucked and were losers and the game and the season were both failures. If I'm wrong he may not be the man I was lead to believe he was.

Sky King

Reaction score
Carroll Dale played in the SB for both the Packers and the Vikings. Dale once remarked that a difference between Lombardi and Grant was that Lombardi was not satisfied to merely play in the big game. Grant praised his players before those game just for having gotten there. I hope that fans are aware which of the two HCs won all of his NFL championship game appearances and which one lost all of his.

The worst enemy of the best is the good enough.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory...

You have to take a loss. Have to feel that sting to know what it truly means to get back up.

To fight back.

If no one ever fought back, there would be no fight in any man.

That fight may knock you down. It may flatten you.

But can you get back up?

That's the question here.

Can you take their best. Their worst. Then... After that has all come...

Can you stand back up?
Will you stand up?

Are you still willing to fight?

I am. I'm still willing to fight. I may not be able, but god bless, I am still willing.

I may crumble. I may fall.

But not today.

Not today.

Sky King

Reaction score
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory...

You have to take a loss. Have to feel that sting to know what it truly means to get back up.

To fight back.

If no one ever fought back, there would be no fight in any man.

That fight may knock you down. It may flatten you.

But can you get back up?

That's the question here.

Can you take their best. Their worst. Then... After that has all come...

Can you stand back up?
Will you stand up?

Are you still willing to fight?

I am. I'm still willing to fight. I may not be able, but god bless, I am still willing.

I may crumble. I may fall.

But not today.

Not today.
Down, boy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll Dale played in the SB for both the Packers and the Vikings. Dale once remarked that a difference between Lombardi and Grant was that Lombardi was not satisfied to merely play in the big game. Grant praised his players before those game just for having gotten there. I hope that fans are aware which of the two HCs won all of his NFL championship game appearances and which one lost all of his.

The worst enemy of the best is the good enough.
Great historical reference to Dale and the overrated Bud Grant. Never knew Dale played for the Queens. There was a slight error however. Lombardi won 5 out of his 6 Championship games. Pack lost to Philly in the 1960 title Game. What is the scientific definition of a vacuum? Answer: The Minnesota Vikings trophy case!!!

Sky King

Reaction score
Great historical reference to Dale and the overrated Bud Grant. Never knew Dale played for the Queens. There was a slight error however. Lombardi won 5 out of his 6 Championship games. Pack lost to Philly in the 1960 title Game. What is the scientific definition of a vacuum? Answer: The Minnesota Vikings trophy case!!!
Thanks for the clarification. I keep putting that game against Philly out of mind. Kind of like Vikings fans must have to do with every one of their championship game memories.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am one of them. I joined the chat box a couple times during games, but found it too ridiculous and maddening due to the negativity. So, I don't join anymore.

It might help moderate things if the entire chat box log (during games) were subsequently posted for the archive. Then, posters might be more thoughtful in their posts as their words could be used against them in future debates.

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/shout-box-archive-thread.34827/

we took your advice and now everyone can see the history of chat...It is locked, so no one can reply..But maybe it will see how over the top some are

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great idea, needs to be searchable, at least by user name.

I am sure I have some instant meltdown reaction in there, so I'm not immune.

I would love to be able to see them to see what I said in the moment.

As someone who posts infrequently, but uses the chat, it should be interesting!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Still tough unless you want to go through 100+ pages.

Plus no way to do this from phone or tablet

iphone
If you want to search for something on a webpage then start typing it in the URL field and you should get a screen where one of the options on it is 'on this page' :

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Not sure about Tablets

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No.... really.... we don't. No offense Z, but ... welch on that statement, OK? OK!!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just make sure to save all the Fire McCarthy threads up so we can pick out the silly bashers on that subject. Still amazes me that people really don't know just how good a coach he is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts