Keisean Nixon

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I couldn't find the other thread, but I know some posters weren't happy with the price the Packers paid for Nixon. With the new kickoff rules and his abilities at slot corner, seems like this guy thinks he is the Packers "best contract".

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't find the other thread, but I know some posters weren't happy with the price the Packers paid for Nixon. With the new kickoff rules and his abilities at slot corner, seems like this guy thinks he is the Packers "best contract".

Bullard should be our slot corner. Especially if we do any single high or if Evan Williams keeps overachieving. Nixon has not, at least to this point, been a slot I trust.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bullard should be our slot corner.
*Should* is the important word here. However, I never like to project a rookie into any position.

On top of that, we need to see how everyone responds in Hafley's defense. Nixon had some really good moments and at times in big games (like the INT against Mahomes) but he wasn't quite the guy. It sounds like Rashan Gary and others are really thriving under Hafley. Nixon could be one of those guys too, allowing players like Bullard to grow into the role.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
*Should* is the important word here. However, I never like to project a rookie into any position.

On top of that, we need to see how everyone responds in Hafley's defense. Nixon had some really good moments and at times in big games (like the INT against Mahomes) but he wasn't quite the guy. It sounds like Rashan Gary and others are really thriving under Hafley. Nixon could be one of those guys too, allowing players like Bullard to grow into the role.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Yes, I hope Bullard and Williams progress fast in their rookie season, but at least with Nixon you have a known commodity. I still hope to see our secondary improve, just based on a new DC and the front 7 doing their job at making the secondary's job that much "easier".

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Personally I’d rather have any of our other DBs try it vs Nixon. He gambles WAY TOO MUCH and play to play I just a mediocre slot guy.