Colts at Packers 9/24 Game Thread

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
Narveson has to get better in crunch time. 3-4 is good but in perfect weather you just cannot miss those with the game on the line. How many kickers delivered yesterday to win games?
Yep. According to Tyni those 45 yarders are basically 80% conversion rate or league average. I do give him a little leash because he’s relatively newer with his trio. Now if we start seeing a pattern game to game and we’re 8 games in? Then im worried.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup! I mentioned it yesterday, Narveson strikes the ball so much more consistent than Anders ever did. I have massive hope for his future due to this. Yes, I don't want a 75% kicker forever but I think their is promise there.
So far his 2 misses have been in crunch time. If he could just hit one from a long distance when the game is on the line his confidence will improve.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. According to Tyni those 45 yarders are basically 80% conversion rate or league average. I do give him a little leash because he’s relatively newer with his trio. Now if we start seeing a pattern game to game and we’re 8 games in? Then im worried.
I give kickers a little leeway kicking in Lambeau even in great weather. But when he is indoors he better hit that one. The Colts had an easy 3rd and 1 yesterday, decided to go wide, lost 4 yards, and had to try a 50. Their kicker missed. Big turning point in the 2nd half.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe it was brought up by someone and I didn't see it, but why did the Colts bench Jonathan Taylor in the 4th Q? The dude was tearing us up. I read that he wasn't injured or at least told reporters after the game that he wasn't. That 3rd and 1 play that he wasn't on the field for, where the Packers stuffed Trey Sermon behind the LS and forced a long FG attempt, which was missed, really swung the momentum back to the Packers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it was brought up by someone and I didn't see it, but why did the Colts bench Jonathan Taylor in the 4th Q? The dude was tearing us up. I read that he wasn't injured or at least told reporters after the game that he wasn't. That 3rd and 1 play that he wasn't on the field for, where the Packers stuffed Trey Sermon behind the LS and forced a long FG attempt, which was missed, really swung the momentum back to the Packers.
Ironically strange. I understand the Colts needed to pass because of the clock and being down by 13. However, Taylor is a threat even on a dump off pass. On 3rd and 1 if I am the Colts I give it to Taylor straight ahead. And on 4th and 1 I do the same. If we clog the middle he knows how to bounce it outside. Colts thought we were better than we are. Barkley knew better.