Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet there are still people out there arguing that the fake refs made the right call. :mad:
They did not understand the actual rule and simply thought the ball slipped through our players hands into theirs.

Reaction score
Seems we caught the Rams at the right time. This is more evidence to submit that when you get a dynamic WR back (or 2) at a needed position it really impacts the entire flow of the game.
Vice Versa. You lose a big time playmaker (or 2) during the season and it can adversely impact the game flow.

Health and Depth do come into play. I like ours in GB. I think we’re above average depth at many positions. RB, WR, OL, QB, Safety, LB to name a few.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obvious missed facemask, but tbh to me it looked like Fiske was being held by Quessenberry in the end zone, too… which is also of course a safety and was missed as well. Best-case scenario you’d have offsetting IMO

Reaction score
I think the bulk of those that watched that game last night would agree that the Rams were the better team. No one in their right mind would’ve put their $$ on MN on even terms IF the face mask held.
The Rams dominated the Vikings D as the game wore on. LA controlled the bulk of the clock for all Quarters and were 13 yards from a 400 yard performance. They put up 26 1st Downs to the Vikings 19 and also led in score for the majority (all that with the Vikings getting the ball first)
The Vikings played ok. However considering they led in Turnover ratio +1 and only scored 20 points tells a story. The Rams deserved to Win, would’ve won in OT and did win a Regulation.
The first half was even but favored LA in Time of Possession and Production. The entire feel of the second half was all LA and no Facemask was going to change that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
NFC North Question:

If we beat Detroit in 2 weeks and let’s say we all have identical records after the following bye week.
Would GB be in 1st place?

I ask that because yes at first glance you’d say “we lost to MN”
However IF we beat the Lions and the Detroit beat MN, the Vikings can’t leap frog the Lions right?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems we caught the Rams at the right time. This is more evidence to submit that when you get a dynamic WR back (or 2) at a needed position it really impacts the entire flow of the game.
Vice Versa. You lose a big time playmaker (or 2) during the season and it can adversely impact the game flow.

Health and Depth do come into play. I like ours in GB. I think we’re above average depth at many positions. RB, WR, OL, QB, Safety, LB to name a few.
Last year we caught them at the right time as well. Stafford was out.

Reaction score
Last year we caught them at the right time as well. Stafford was out.
Yes. It was a rematch of the MWC battles. Rypien vs Love.
(Tied records in 2018 for 1st Place, but tiebreaker went head to head Boise State (due to a better Run game))

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did not understand the actual rule and simply thought the ball slipped through our players hands into theirs.
I seem to recall they argued "simultaneous possession" going to the receiver. But my memory is our guy catching the ball, and Golden Tate putting a finger on it. And this was after Tate had committed pass interference on Sam Shields.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darrisaw is going to be out for the rest of the year. Huge loss for them - he is excellent and their current backup is awful.

Reaction score
Darrisaw is going to be out for the rest of the year. Huge loss for them - he is excellent and their current backup is awful.
Oh wow. I saw him get rolled up on towards the end of the game.
Thats a tough loss.
Darrisaw ranked top #9/#8 Run grade and pass grade in the NFL. He is currently the highest graded OL on the Vikings. Not to mention he just signed a massive $contract$ with $77M guaranteed $28M annual (reminds me of us losing Bak)

Definitely the biggest news in the North this week.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to recall they argued "simultaneous possession" going to the receiver. But my memory is our guy catching the ball, and Golden Tate putting a finger on it. And this was after Tate had committed pass interference on Sam Shields.
It was determined that our player had made the INT in a crowd and instantaneously was grabbed and swarmed by Tate and as they went to the ground he got to the ball. You saw the initial ref giving the clock stop signal as they went down. Unlike a play in the middle of the field the play is dead immediately upon possession whether it be an INT or a TD. Our player was the first to possess it and Tate could not gain simultaneous possession nor steal the ball at any point. They did not know the rule. If this had happened at the 50 yard line Tate could have stolen the ball or mimicked simultaneous possession. Our player did not have to maintain possession going to the ground because his forward or backward motion was technically stopped while on his feet. It was too fast for those amateur refs. The ref that called it even apologized the next day.

Members online