Brazil Pre-Game Thoughts

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the fans in Brazil will be rooting heavily against the Packers tonight. Have you heard this business about how Brazil hates the color green, because their soccer rivals wear that color? To the point that the Eagles will be wearing black and white uniforms. The Packers, as the supposed "visiting" team, had no choice in their jersey color.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the Packers might have a 1.5-2 hour bus trip from hotel to stadium. Thats BS. If the NFL is going to have overseas games crap like this had to be addressed. If the city can't provide a hotel within 15-20 minutes they should be out of the running.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like the fans in Brazil will be rooting heavily against the Packers tonight. Have you heard this business about how Brazil hates the color green, because their soccer rivals wear that color? To the point that the Eagles will be wearing black and white uniforms. The Packers, as the supposed "visiting" team, had no choice in their jersey color.
I'm not too concerned about the fans. Neo Quimica Arena holds less than 50,000 people. The whole "colors" thing has been overblown, thanks mostly in part to the media. I expect a stadium mixed with people rooting for both teams, with most of them just enjoying their first NFL game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the Packers might have a 1.5-2 hour bus trip from hotel to stadium. Thats BS. If the NFL is going to have overseas games crap like this had to be addressed. If the city can't provide a hotel within 15-20 minutes they should be out of the running.
If Goodell cared about the quality of football and security of the teams, this game would be played in Philly. We all know it's just a way to try and squeeze out a few more dollars in clothing sales and future broadcasting rights.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been watching the sports TV talk shows this week, and up until this morning there wasn't much mention of eagles Packers . And when they did talk about the game, it was 98% about the eagles. Let's hope for a good showing from the boys tonight

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
We are definitely not the same D we were in 2022 at Philly.

We don’t even have half of those guys on our team anymore

In 2022 it was (Rookie) Quay Walker, Krys Barnes, Young McDuff, Ty Summers, Tariq Carpenter
Then Preston, Enagbare starting with Justin Hollins, Jonathan Garvin, Tipa Galeai

In 2024 we have (3rd year) Walker, Edgerrin Cooper, Eric Wilson, Pat McDuffie, Tyron Hopper.
Outside DE, we have Preston and Gary starting, with Enagbare, Brenton Cox Jr and Lukas Van Ness backing it up.

Our Safety Room is completely different than 2022. Arguably also upgraded. As far as saying they are unproven? We could really almost say that about 2022 Amos/Savage. Neither were playing very good football at that stage.

I don’t see how that’s the same as 2022. Maybe you can explain that. Krabs they don’t need to all be All Pros as you suggested. They just need to be better (upgrades) than the guy they replaced.
What I meant, and I think I said as such, is that the front 7 are almost the same. The main run stoppers. I also meant starters. Quay, Smith, McDuffie, (Gary injured) at linebackers. Clark, Wyatt, Slaton at DL. These are all the main guys. Agreed that the depth appears to be better on the line. Adding Van Ness to the mix helps. A healthy Gary helps for sure. Really, my only point was that if I were the Eagles I would stick to the running game and make the Packers prove they can stop it. They still have Hurts who rushed for 157 and a better RB in Barkley.

I would disagree on Amos. He was a veteran safety at the time. Honestly, 2022 was Savage's fourth season as well. Neither were "unproven". Savage did seem like he didn't have interest in tackling anyone. He had exactly zero tackles in that game. I did mention that the safety position is in better shape. Just that one of them are going to be a rookie and is unproven. I also said it can't be worse than Savage.

I also didn't say we needed all pros. It was more tongue and cheek that our backups are no all stars. Meaning, Brooks and Wooden are just dudes. I do like them better than our previous backups.

I actually think we are closer to the same page than you think.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping it's not a re-run of London 2 season ago. That is all.
Probably not Sao Paulo Brazil is one hour ahead of EST. Right now in FL its almost 4PM in Sao Paulo its almost 5PM there will no jet lag affecting the players.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They threw batteries at Santa Claus. We’re not talking little AAA batteries either….full D’s…..the big boys.

I normally would never root for Philly, would never root for Dallas, but hey, I would root for a comet hitting the Earth if it were somehow playing against the Packers…lol.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with Packers 36 Eagles 17.

Packers are being overlooked by a lot of pundits. Think they will pick up where they left off last year. Offense will attack the Eagles in lots of different ways. Jacobs is going to surprise folks with some hard running and stand out. Love will have a great day. No single reciever will stand out but ball will be spread around. Our defense will confound Hurt and stymi the Eagles offense.

Nixon will have a big return on a kickoff. McKinney will make all packer fans think the big $$$ contract was worth it. Kenny Clark and Wyatt are the keys to success. They will get pressure up the middle and disrupt the Eagles offensive rythym. Quay needs to keep Hurt in the pocket and regret when he trys to run.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reality, I'm pretty nervous, but I'm also hopeful. JL is playing what was a very bad pass defense last year, IDK if he's worth a highest paid NFL QB contact, I just am hoping for a good game out of him that leads to a GBP win. The time difference is a non-factor, let's win this against what I believe will be a slumping Philly team.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reality, I'm pretty nervous, but I'm also hopeful. JL is playing what was a very proud pass defense last year, IDK if he worth a highest paid NFL QB, I just am hoping for a good game out of him that leads to a GBP win. The time difference is a non-factor, let's win this against what I believe will be a slumping Philly team.
I think this may be the first time I’ve seen a Packers fan be honest and question whether or not nine good games in the first season starting was enough to warrant making Jordan the highest paid quarterback in the history of the NFL.

We’re about to find out if y’all are happy with that decision in about six hours.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Amish, above, in that GB will come out clicking & take early control of the game. TD's by Jacobs, Watson, Reed, & Musgrave. Packers 34, Philly 20.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping it's not a re-run of London 2 season ago. That is all.
We were favored in that one. On paper we were supposed to be the better team and we did not show it. This time Philly is supposed to be the better team. Will they show it?

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this may be the first time I’ve seen a Packers fan be honest and question whether or not nine good games in the first season starting was enough to warrant making Jordan the highest paid quarterback in the history of the NFL.

We’re about to find out if y’all are happy with that decision in about six hours.
Sorry, I had to fix some major typos (I was in the middle of phone calls with my kids at the time), it's fixed now, Go Pack Go!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One game is not going to change anything.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game is not going to change anything.
Sure it can.
This game is going to be a determining factor in playoff seeding position( if everyone is right about y’all and Philly.)

Couple years ago phantom call against our LB/End (can’t remember his name, but it’s the dude that always did the spin kick as a celebration) Pittsburgh to win that game and because of that they made the playoffs over another team buy a half a game.
Another W would’ve also really helped our chances of making playoffs so 1 game absolutely can make the difference in a season.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure it can.
This game is going to be a determining factor in playoff seeding position( if everyone is right about y’all and Philly.)

Couple years ago phantom call against our LB/End (can’t remember his name, but it’s the dude that always did the spin kick as a celebration) Pittsburgh to win that game and because of that they made the playoffs over another team buy a half a game.
Another W would’ve also really helped our chances of making playoffs so 1 game absolutely can make the difference in a season.
I meant one game isn't going to change anyone's mind about signing Love win or lose. Some were for it some were against but I think everyone knew the risk. Now if he is injured seriously that may change some minds but that really has nothing to do with the 9 games thing.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know who was in charge of the field prep last night? As I understand it the “home” team’s grounds crew (whoever’s stadium it’s being played at) is usually the ones responsible for field prep/maintenance/etc.

Makes me wonder then if they brought in a NFL grounds crew or if they had the crew from Corinthians Arena manage the field preparations. As you all probably know Corinthians Arena is typically used for soccer matches and pro soccer players generally do prefer a wet / slick pitch (faster to pass on, easier to control ball, easier to slide, etc). So it would make sense to me that that’s the field we got, provided they had a crew that was used to prepping for soccer matches prep the field like they’re used to doing. As far as I know they do use the same hybrid surface as Lambeau so I’m wondering if it just wasn’t over-watered.

Just speculating of course. Might be a plausible explanation, I guess.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I meant one game isn't going to change anyone's mind about signing Love win or lose. Some were for it some were against but I think everyone knew the risk. Now if he is injured seriously that may change some minds but that really has nothing to do with the 9 games thing.
No matter the outcome with Love's injury or career, I still didn't like seeing the Packers give him a new deal, when he still had a year left on his old contract.

Yeah, I know, the star players have learned that if they threaten to sit the year out, the team caves and pays them.

Still hoping that Loves injury isn't very severe, but also hoping this doesn't turn into another Bahk contract.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter the outcome with Love's injury or career, I still didn't like seeing the Packers give him a new deal, when he still had a year left on his old contract.

Yeah, I know, the star players have learned that if they threaten to sit the year out, the team caves and pays them.

Still hoping that Loves injury isn't very severe, but also hoping this doesn't turn into another Bahk contract.
I immediately thought of Bahk, and you, when he went down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts