NFL 2024 Weekly Predictions Contest: Week 2

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Caleb, the emojis on your device (I believe) don't work in Packer Forum (mine don't work anyway). You can use the limited emojis in the Forum or GIF's in the Forum found here (see below).
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Congratulations you're 9-5 on your picks thus far, and are (at least) guaranteed a tie for the best pick record. The rest of us are 5-9 to 7-7.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and Cole Kmet whiffing on that block just now might have cost us the game.
Hopefully the defense can continue to bail us out.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sorry….. these butt clown announcers trying to explain why hitting someone in the face face is not a 15 yard penalty is bulspit.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn…..ok might have had control. Depends on what the refs wanna say.
Did he have it in his hand and sandwiched against his helmet when it touched the ground…because it can touch the ground…..you just have to have control of it. Looks as close as you can come to having control, but not.
I just have a feeling they’re not gonna give it to him. Hope I’m wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Darn…..ok might have had control. Depends on what the refs wanna say.
Did he have it in his hand and sandwiched against his helmet when it touched the ground…because it can touch the ground…..you just have to have control of it. Looks as close as you can come to having control, but not.
I just have a feeling they’re not gonna give it to him. Hope I’m wrong.
No way in hell do you see it in slow motion and still think he had it

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thnks for running it brother. If I pick well enough, maybe my wife will let me start online gambling ;-)’
Careful with the on line gambling. I got a small burn picking vs the spread a number of years ago, when it wasn't legal. Now I am in two local pools. One where I pick every game vs the spread, the other is every game straight up, and then 3-4 $20 survivor/suicide pools. I at least made up for previous losses in the local pools. Just have fun with it. You at least have no money to lose (or win ;)) in the Packer Forum. Good luck!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the offense is finding itself in the defense, was almost able to help us out with a touchdown.
Luckily 15 more games to go and the passes that are just missing will hopefully become connections over the next few weeks.
What is the rookie quarterback. The flashes are still there, and I still have complete faith in Caleb.

Reaction score
I’m sorry….. these butt clown announcers trying to explain why hitting someone in the face face is not a 15 yard penalty is bulspit.
That’s another thing. The Bears rely on penalty yardage to stay in games. The Texans spotted you 12 Penalties for 115 yards and it still didn’t matter. Thats 9 yards shy of all the passing yards you had. So Today, the Bears were gifted 36% of penalty production onto their 205 yard total (115 yards). Yet still only scored a meager 10 points. Yet they seemingly made a big deal when they don’t get gifted more penalty yardage. Thats probably the one thing that stood out more than anything tonight as I watched this game. Reliant on opposing Penalties for success.
Just own the loss and learn from it, that type yardage will go away real quick in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans are asking too much of Williams. He's a rookie, and the surrounding cast he has on offense isn't top of the line. They need to get some help for him, through the draft, and a little judicious free agent signings.

As far as the Bears defense, I thought they played pretty good again. You can't blame them for not making stops when the opposition keeps getting the ball in Bears territory.

As Williams grows, so will the Bears, unless they fail to identify their key needs for next year and beyond.

When I see people comparing Willis to Williams in this week's stats, I just shake my head. It doesn't mean anything.

I do think we got off track as to what the thread is about. It's easy to do. I'm doing pretty bad this week. If I miss on the Monday night game, and Philly don't win, I'll only be 8-8! Horrible picking.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful with the on line gambling. I got a small burn picking vs the spread a number of years ago, when it wasn't legal. Now I am in two local pools. One where I pick every game vs the spread, the other is every game straight up, and then 3-4 $20 survivor/suicide pools. I at least made up for previous losses in the local pools. Just have fun with it. You at least have no money to lose (or win ;)) in the Packer Forum. Good luck!
I appreciate both the advice and warning.
If I was going to gamble football, I have a local sports book in town so I would go there and do it. I wouldn’t give an online gambling site access to my credit cards or money and it just seems like it be too easy to fall into that trap and lose a lot of money, sitting there play gambling on your phone all day long.

Reaction score
Bears fans are asking too much of Williams. He's a rookie, and the surrounding cast he has on offense isn't top of the line. They need to get some help for him, through the draft, and a little judicious free agent signings.

As far as the Bears defense, I thought they played pretty good again. You can't blame them for not making stops when the opposition keeps getting the ball in Bears territory.

As Williams grows, so will the Bears, unless they fail to identify their key needs for next year and beyond.

When I see people comparing Willis to Williams in this week's stats, I just shake my head. It doesn't mean anything.

I do think we got off track as to what the thread is about. It's easy to do. I'm doing pretty bad this week. If I miss on the Monday night game, and Philly don't win, I'll only be 8-8! Horrible picking.
I did miss guessing one contest. Even then I had just 6 games correct. Although there were a lot of upsets this week so .500 was probably more normal so don’t feel bad.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did miss guessing one contest. Even then I had just 6 games correct. Although there were a lot of upsets this week so .500 was probably more normal so don’t feel bad.
Hate to be the Eagles coach right now. If you are familiar with their media and fans they will crucify him! You hand off to Barkley, take 45 off the clock, if you do not get the first then kick the FG or go for it. Instead you give Cousins the ball at the 30 with 1:41 left.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

8-8 is better than most of the rest. There are 4 at 6-10.:oops:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles have just choked away a sure Monday night win. This was pretty much par for the course for week two in the NFL. It's enough to rattle any pickers confidence. On the positive side our Packers won their home opener, Old School got a score bingo when the Seahawks downed the Patriots 23-20, and Caleb somehow managed to pick more winners than losers, something no one else managed to do.

STANDINGS

Player Wk-pts Rec Bingos Tot

Milani 6-10 30 20-12 1 285
Old School 101 7-9 35 20-12 1 285
Caleb's Revenge 9-7 65 21-11 0 185
Voyaguer 8-8 60 20-12 0 180
Cdn Cheddar 6-10 30 19-13 0 155
Albert Park 7-9 35 18-14 0 110
Poppa San 6-10 30 17-15 0 105
Amish Mafia 6-10 30 14-18 0 90

Bingos are correct score predictions.

There may be mistakes in the above calculations. If there are any discrepancies in scoring requiring correction, we will forward them to the accounting firm of Pleasant, Funt & O'Farrell (PFO) who will audit your request. They really will.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles have just choked away a sure Monday night win. This was pretty much par for the course for week two in the NFL. It's enough to rattle any pickers confidence. On the positive side our Packers won their home opener, Old School got a score bingo when the Seahawks downed the Patriots 23-20, and Caleb somehow managed to pick more winners than losers, something no one else managed to do.

STANDINGS

Player Wk-pts Rec Bingos Tot

Milani 6-10 30 20-12 1 285
Old School 101 7-9 35 20-12 1 285
Caleb's Revenge 9-7 65 21-11 0 185
Voyaguer 8-8 60 20-12 0 180
Cdn Cheddar 6-10 30 19-13 0 155
Albert Park 7-9 35 18-14 0 110
Poppa San 6-10 30 17-15 0 105
Amish Mafia 6-10 30 14-18 0 90

Bingos are correct score predictions.

There may be mistakes in the above calculations. If there are any discrepancies in scoring requiring correction, we will forward them to the accounting firm of Pleasant, Funt & O'Farrell (PFO) who will audit your request. They really will.
It was a tough week for all of us. It was one of those weeks that the guys who thought they had a "system" in their betting lost their shirts.
Better luck this coming week everyone. This week's results are going to make the picks this coming week even more difficult.

Thanks again for handling the work on this CC. Vous êtes très apprécié!

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was also a Scoragami on Sunday. 44-19 doesn't seem like a strange score, however, it is a unique NFL score. With all of the field goals thus far, I'm guessing that there may be more of these to come.

In week 1 the 49ers 32-19 victory over the Jets was also a Scoragami. Week 3 games list coming soon.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was also a Scoragami on Sunday. 44-19 doesn't seem like a strange score, however, it is a unique NFL score. With all of the field goals thus far, I'm guessing that there may be more of these to come.

In week 1 the 49ers 32-19 victory over the Jets was also a Scoragami. Week 3 games list coming soon.
In addition to changing the kick offs, I think they put something in the Gatorade. The scoring is strange, no doubt about it. Kickers have been very involved. At times it resembles futbol more than football.