A Jordan Love Contract

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A mod just called me a chicken turd rotfl.

I will re-read the post. Sometimes I honestly just skim them so I missed the part about a bet of some kind, but I’ll look into it and get back to you.
You are a chicken ****

You boost all this smack talk and won't back it up

Either bet me or you are a troll

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A mod just called me a chicken turd rotfl.

I will re-read the post. Sometimes I honestly just skim them so I missed the part about a bet of some kind, but I’ll look into it and get back to you.
Bet me

On bears winning the north or beating jets in SB

Other wise your time here will be me nit picking every post

Ask anyone here I will not stop..I take great pride in discrediting posters like you.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the Patriots the last couple of years since Brady left.
Your turn is coming.
I'm gonna have so much fun if Love has a repeat of the first half of last season.
Especially if it lasts all year. I hope the rookie LT wins the starting job. Let Jordan know what running for your life means.
Meanwhile….Caleb leads us to SB victory over the NY Jets.
This went on a nfl fb page

A packer page

A bear page

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m in bro. Lmk how we bet. I’ll do 20 bucks against 1000 to one odds that the Bears beat the Jets in the Super Bowl but I’d also just go 100 straight up that the Bears win the north.

Reaction score
Well, we’re 1-1…looks like we got some growing up to do.
It’s not even that. Your Defense looks good overall. Maybe top 6-12 range I’m not sure yet, but legit.

Your Offense is so bad that I actually felt sorry for your Receiving Core. Those guys rely on production to get paid. This has been an Atrocious start for Caleb. Now I think he will get better but that OL looks awful. Like bottom 6-12 so far

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m in bro. Lmk how we bet. I’ll do 20 bucks against 1000 to one odds that the Bears beat the Jets in the Super Bowl but I’d also just go 100 straight up that the Bears win the north
Odds? Lol

Straight up bears win the north?

This is the bet

Bears win I do 100 dollars

Bears lose you give me 100 and video yourself wearing packer stuff head to toe

Only cuz you.came here being a troll

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This went on a nfl fb page

A packer page

A bear page
Yeah Caleb Williams, he of zero TDs and 2 INTs so far won't be leading the Bears anywhere but home in early January. The defense is playing well but eventually the offense is going to have to score more than 10 pts/game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their defense is legit, but as has been stated - that takes a massive toll game after game...
Sorry Ty, I missed the post about the toll from having a strong D. I'm guessing the point is that the D not only has to defend an opponent, but either score points through pic 6s and fumble recoveries, or reverse field position. In other words, the D is the primary driver of victories.

If that's it, then yeah, I'd agree that takes a toll. Of course the best way to win is with D, O, and STs contributing. And even a team with a strong D needs an offense that can score at least 14-21 pts.

I haven't seen any significant offensive production from the Bears, at least after only two games. Holding the Texans to 19 points, or any opponent, is good. Scoring 13 pts total is not.

I'm not trying to slam the Bears here. Considering the impact players and the preseason press on Williams, I expected their offense to be carrying the day. Not so far, not even close. And that's a surprise.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not surprised at all. For rookie QB's the outliers are the ones that look really good.
QB may be the one position where college production is not correlated well to NFL production. Or maybe fans need to temper their expectations.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odds? Lol

Straight up bears win the north?

This is the bet

Bears win I do 100 dollars

Bears lose you give me 100 and video yourself wearing packer stuff head to toe

Only cuz you.came here being a troll
I’m a Bears fan bro, but I have not been a troll on this message board IMHO.
I don’t lay down for anybody but Mrs Caleb’s Revenge, but again, I don’t see that as being a troll.
And how do you get out of this bet without wearing Bears gear?

If Poppa San(chose him bc I believe he owns sight?) or another visible moderator is willing I’d Venmo 100 for them to hold till the winner of division is known.

It won’t matter though because if the offensive line continues to play like this, I’m gonna change my name to “Calebs shiite offensive line”

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t lay down for anybody but Mrs Caleb’s Revenge, but again, I don’t see that as being a troll.

If Poppa San(chose him bc I believe he owns sight?) or another visible moderator is willing I’d Venmo 100 for them to hold till the winner of division is known.

It won’t matter though because if the offensive line continues to play like this, I’m gonna change my name to “Calebs shiite offensive line”

Watched most your game.....even when the OL was there the play call was a terrible structure OR Caleb immediately went to checkdown and never even progressed to #2 route from one. Dude can escape stuff with the best of them though...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched most your game.....even when the OL was there the play call was a terrible structure OR Caleb immediately went to checkdown and never even progressed to #2 route from one. Dude can escape stuff with the best of them though...
Caleb is pretty nimble, and I didn't get the impression the game was too fast for him. And I didn't watch closely enough to know if he was going through his progressions, or if he didn't have time. His completion rate is under 50%, so maybe he is getting rid of the ball too fast. In any case, I'm unimpressed with him (and the OL). Looks more like Trevor Lawrence than Joe Burrow - so far.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not even that. Your Defense looks good overall. Maybe top 6-12 range I’m not sure yet, but legit.

Your Offense is so bad that I actually felt sorry for your Receiving Core. Those guys rely on production to get paid. This has been an Atrocious start for Caleb. Now I think he will get better but that OL looks awful. Like bottom 6-12 so far
I think the Bears miss Montgomery like the Bengals miss Mixon. Hopefully, if Jacobs and company do their thing we won't miss Jones.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caleb is pretty nimble, and I didn't get the impression the game was too fast for him. And I didn't watch closely enough to know if he was going through his progressions, or if he didn't have time. His completion rate is under 50%, so maybe he is getting rid of the ball too fast. In any case, I'm unimpressed with him (and the OL). Looks more like Trevor Lawrence than Joe Burrow - so far.
I kinda got the opposite read, or maybe similar to Tyni - admittedly he is/was in a lot of super high pressure situations, but early on it looks like he's not processing the game quickly enough. Any pressure coming and he's going to his checkdown or - worse - defaulting to "schoolyard" ball.

The kid is insanely gifted, no doubt (although his deep ball is suspect, to say the least). And being able to improvise and outwit guys playing on the fly is not a bad quality to have BUT there's a big difference between being able to improvise and make magic happen when you're the most talented/gifted guy on the field - it's another thing when everyone you're playing against is just about as talented as you are (or as good/better than the best opponents you faced in college). It's one thing to be *able* to improvise and play off-script football - some of the most magical/memorable plays from guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, etc have come when they've had to go off-script and pull a rabbit out of their hat. But it's another thing when it feels like your default is to fall back on your improvisation, etc. Obviously two games is far, FAR to early to make any big assessment, but I think it's at least something to keep an eye on, a topic of concern...

What I do think is readily apparent however is just how important "situation" is as a predictor of a young player's success. I mean, look at us and Chicago right now. I have my gripes about our OL from time to time, but there are few who would argue we have a worse OL than Chicago. And on the flip side...I like our young WRs, but almost any neutral observer would say Chicago has a better WR room than we do. AND it's not at all controversial to say that Williams was universally regarded as a better prospect than Love coming out of college, and that one isn't particularly close (and that's not shading Love, just is what it is). But Love got to sit and learn for a few years and wasn't asked to save the franchise from day one, either.

All that to say: Give me a "lesser" graded QB prospect and "lesser" weapons on offense and let him develop for a few seasons behind a solid OL - and that guy will almost always be better set for success than the "generational" prospect who's surrounded by elite weapons but is asked to start day one behind a flimsy OL.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda got the opposite read, or maybe similar to Tyni - admittedly he is/was in a lot of super high pressure situations, but early on it looks like he's not processing the game quickly enough. Any pressure coming and he's going to his checkdown or - worse - defaulting to "schoolyard" ball.

The kid is insanely gifted, no doubt (although his deep ball is suspect, to say the least). And being able to improvise and outwit guys playing on the fly is not a bad quality to have BUT there's a big difference between being able to improvise and make magic happen when you're the most talented/gifted guy on the field - it's another thing when everyone you're playing against is just about as talented as you are (or as good/better than the best opponents you faced in college). It's one thing to be *able* to improvise and play off-script football - some of the most magical/memorable plays from guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, etc have come when they've had to go off-script and pull a rabbit out of their hat. But it's another thing when it feels like your default is to fall back on your improvisation, etc. Obviously two games is far, FAR to early to make any big assessment, but I think it's at least something to keep an eye on, a topic of concern...

What I do think is readily apparent however is just how important "situation" is as a predictor of a young player's success. I mean, look at us and Chicago right now. I have my gripes about our OL from time to time, but there are few who would argue we have a worse OL than Chicago. And on the flip side...I like our young WRs, but almost any neutral observer would say Chicago has a better WR room than we do. AND it's not at all controversial to say that Williams was universally regarded as a better prospect than Love coming out of college, and that one isn't particularly close (and that's not shading Love, just is what it is). But Love got to sit and learn for a few years and wasn't asked to save the franchise from day one, either.

All that to say: Give me a "lesser" graded QB prospect and "lesser" weapons on offense and let him develop for a few seasons behind a solid OL - and that guy will almost always be better set for success than the "generational" prospect who's surrounded by elite weapons but is asked to start day one behind a flimsy OL.
All good points, and it could be that he's not processing the game quickly enough. That might be on the OL, as he seemed to get flushed out of the pocket early and often. Having great receivers doesn't help if you don't have the time to find them.

It is only two games. But in those two games the Bears are flailing on offense. I'm guessing that will improve, and the D looks good enough to keep them in ball games. But with the quality of teams in the NFC North this year, no team can afford to get too far behind.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bears will be fine with Caleb. He has the physical tools. Favre only had Sterling Sharpe when he started and Holmgren had to manufacture wins. The Bears need to get a running game going to make the play action work. They have a defense if it is not out there all day. They were beaten by several very, very long kicks indoors. If the game is played at Soldier Field in December I am not so sure the Texans win that game. Many coaches do not risk kicking from 54-60 yards unless it is near the end of a half.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caleb is doing just fine and I have zero worries about him.
Right now, I am furious with my GM, my coach and my offensive coordinator, in that order.
Right now, I am rethinking the Rome pick because as good as he may be or will be……it matters not if Caleb can’t stand upright and deliver a pass.
We should’ve drafted an interior offensive lineman and we should’ve drafted another in the second or third round.
At least then, if we were having issues, you could say they will all grow together and look at the potential.
Instead we have injuries, Band-Aids and unenthusiastic players who should be cut rather than getting paid $10 million……but it is what it is.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

A troll is some one that says their team will win division and SB b4 seasons starts

You knew that would get our attention and that is my definition of of a troll

If you didn't think saying that would get our attention then you slower than Caleb learning the offense

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Caleb also has to learn that, even though he MAY still be the most gifted athlete on the field at any given time……… The difference is in centimeters where it used to be inches.
I have no doubt he will learn and get better and the only way you do that is to keep getting those reps in and hope that our GM trades some pics and gets some reinforcements immediately.
Don’t care if you have to overpay…..go get somebody competent Caleb doesn’t get his future and confidence destroyed by this inferior offensive line just like they did with Justin Fields.
Justin never recovered from that Cleveland game.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A troll is some one that says their team will win division and SB b4 seasons starts

You knew that would get our attention and that is my definition of of a troll

If you didn't think saying that would get our attention then you slower than Caleb learning the offense
I still think we can win the division.
I said the Super Bowl against the Jets would be my absolute, The Lord is going to take me to heaven the day after the Super Bowl, outcome.
The dream scenario would be to beat Green Bay in the NFC title game and then beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl.
I never said that it was likely or even a remote possibility…… hence the going to heaven afterwards comment bc it would be “this is your reward for having to go in the ground the next day” type ishh.

When the Cubs came back from down 3 to 1 in the World Series in 16’, yeah I drove a little slower and was a little more careful the week afterwards ;)’.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I still think we can win the division.
I said the Super Bowl against the Jets would be my absolute, The Lord is going to take me to heaven the day after the Super Bowl, outcome.
The dream scenario would be to beat Green Bay in the NFC title game and then beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl.
I never said that it was likely or even a remote possibility…… hence the going to heaven afterwards comment bc it would be “this is your reward for having to go in the ground the next day” type ishh.

When the Cubs came back from down 3 to 1 in the World Series in 16’, yeah I drove a little slower and was a little more careful the week afterwards ;)’.
I get out of the bet because I didn't boast my team would win the division
And your at a packer forum