Brazil Pre-Game Thoughts

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milwaukee and Green Bay markets get it. I'm not sure on the rest of the state - it should be but money will win out. At least that's what I read... somewhere. Poppa is right, traditionally Milwaukee has been considered home market
Nope! That's it. Just two stations.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait... you're 83? I did not realize your avatar was an actual wood block print selfie.

In other news, looks like the game might be cancelled due to wild fires? (poor air quality)
It's an old French-Canadian technique that came before cameras. You stand there while a guy takes a block of wood and chisels away. Th chiselers name, if I recall, was Antoine Polaroid. He was half French, and half Japanese. I hear he went on to greater things.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
It's an old French-Canadian technique that came before cameras. You stand there while a guy takes a block of wood and chisels away. Th chiselers name, if I recall, was Antoine Polaroid. He was half French, and half Japanese. I hear he went on to greater things.
Yes! I think I remember him? Is that Japanese guy the same one who initially fought against the concealment of handguns?..
Mr Show..gun?

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is might be a one and done scenario with areas like Brazil. It's too bad. It would be nice seeing the game reach more people. But, safety first, and in all honesty, I wouldn't go to Brazil to watch this game if I was give free 1st class plane tickets, luxury box seats, 5-star hotel with all food, and a limo back and forth to the game. I like my games safe.
Have you ever been out of GB?
If they’ll play in the capitol city of a narco-terrorist state called Mexico City then everybody will be safe(from crime/kidnapping/extortions).
Don’t know about fires or air quality.
The world runs on money.
I’m sure the government has made it very clear to any mafiosos that BRAZIL and the NFL will be on a world stage Fri Night…… and NEITHER IS to be embarrassed…..IN ANY WAY.
People who may embarrass Brazil will pay for it.
Hope air quality isn’t an issue bc no team’s athletes or family should be put in a bad way to play a game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true. But, there are a lot of smaller communities, and rural areas, where I wouldn't go either if I was concerned about safety. That's both abroad, and the US.
The big difference is that Brazil has a lot of ??. If they are shutting down X that scares me. They are moving in the direction of North Korea. That means they could throw anyone in jail. What happened to Otto Wambier could happen there. The NFL should rethink going back there.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will teach those new age NFL hipsters for wanting a game in Manila and Karachi. Dont be surprised if a good old fashioned rooster fight breaks out.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These games are freakin stupid. Are they helping us fans here in the US? Or are they just putting more money in the pockets of owners and players? We’re playing in Brazil and I hafta get Peacock to see it? Whodathunkit?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever been out of GB?
If they’ll play in the capitol city of a narco-terrorist state called Mexico City then everybody will be safe(from crime/kidnapping/extortions).
Don’t know about fires or air quality.
The world runs on money.
I’m sure the government has made it very clear to any mafiosos that BRAZIL and the NFL will be on a world stage Fri Night…… and NEITHER IS to be embarrassed…..IN ANY WAY.
People who may embarrass Brazil will pay for it.
Hope air quality isn’t an issue bc no team’s athletes or family should be put in a bad way to play a game.
Ouch! You must think I'm a real rube. That's your first mistake. Your second is insulting me, because don't insult others, and don't take kindly to them when hurled at me. Learn how to respect others and you'll get along a lot better out here, because your post was more like a childish rant from someone who "thinks" they are important. But sonny, you ain't squat, until you prove it. You're now in the big leagues and need to learn how to hit the off speed stuff. Rants don't prove you know anything, they are more inclined to tell us you're an idiot. So.... take it from there bubby. Any way you want to fly, go for it.

As for my having been out of GB, rest assured I've attended sporting events in a lot of places throughout the US, and the rest of the world, including a futbol match in Rio De Janiero, which, if you are geography challenged, is in Brazil, and a scant 6 hours by car away. In fact, I drove it, and gotta tell you, the night life in Sao Paulo is amazing, and safer than going into a red neck bar in a town in the middle of nowhere when you're an outsider, and being friendly with a cocktail waitress.

Anyhow.... enjoy yourself bunky. Just be careful whose toes you step on. They might walk all over you.

Have a great day!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just sayin bubby….only a rube would turn down first-class airfare, accommodations and box seats to their favorite teams opening game of the 24’ season…..bc you appeared in your statement to be scared of travel.
I was only attempting to explain the danger is nominal……but I guess you know that bc you’ve traveled to where you say you wouldn’t travel so……………..

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just sayin bubby….only a rube would turn down first-class airfare, accommodations and box seats to their favorite teams opening game of the 24’ season…..bc you appeared in your statement to be scared of travel.
I was only attempting to explain the danger is nominal……but I guess you know that bc you’ve traveled to where you say you wouldn’t travel so……………..
You don't know me well enough to throw shade at me about being "scared." Rest assured, you haven't walked a path in harm's way anywhere near as much as I have.

I don't want to walk in that path again, and since I have COPD, it's a given I wouldn't go with the air quality problems. As far as safety being there, just like any other metro area, including here in the US, you have to decide if what you intend doing is worth the risk of being a victim of petty crime. In my case, at my age, why would I even be stupid enough to risk being one? That's not fear, that's common sense. And because of COPD, I don't particularly want to come back home in a body bag. I saw enough of them in my vacation in Vietnam, back in the 60s, thank you.

Never make the mistake of calling common sense fear. You'll end up being a victim at some point in life, and when you are, if you don't have common sense, you're probably not going to survive it.

But, I get it. When you're young and frisky, you're immortal. I know I was, when I went to Nam. Fortunately I was eager to do it right, so I adjusted just fine. There were guys that got there, and were all mouth, like baby robins, talking about how they were gonna get them some of those guys. Gonna rip their guts out. Then, the first time the shooting started, and we were under full scale attack, they'd be hiding behind sand bags, having wet their pants, crying for their mommies. I never looked down on them. All I could say to myself was that they didn't know how to handle it, and would adjust. Most did, fortunately.

It's like that in everything we do. Keep the smart *** comments in your brain, and don't act like one of the mommy boys, who puts their mouth in gear before their brain.

End of conversation. Take from it what you will. Respect these people out here, a lot of them have an enormous amount of knowledge, and even if you disagree with what they say, do it respectfully, because that's what makes this site work so well.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears I really riled something up in you by asking if you’ve ever left Green Bay.
I actually thought you were joking because that’s a very extreme view to get all that free stuff and still not travel if you’re 100% serious which it now very much appears that you were.
So….lets let that be that. Thank you for your service.
Semper Fi and Semper For

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know some of you are loosing sleep, wondering; "What uniforms will the Eagles wear on Friday night?" Well, you can sleep better now, here they are!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
I know some of you are loosing sleep, wondering; "What uniforms will the Eagles wear on Friday night?" Well, you can sleep better now, here they are!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Those uniforms look cool.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Those uniforms look cool.
Speaking of cool, I had to laugh and should have bookmarked the article that I read a few days ago. The writer of it stated that the Eagles probably opted for their lighter color uniforms due to how hot it is in Brazil. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well that would make sense, if the sun was shining while they play, but the game doesn't start until 9:15 pm São Paulo time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm sort of worried about breathing problems. Not for the game but later.

I agree. With the wild fires still burning and what they are saying is "toxic smoke" now moving into São Paulo, at this point I won't be shocked if the game is in Philly.

I just can't see the NFL, Packers or Eagles wanting to risk exposing their players, coaches and fans to the air.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Security has now advised the Packers and Eagles players to stay in their hotels, except for when they are transported to the stadium. I think there's a message there.
Wished they would have played this somewhere else. Like maybe Iceland.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wished they would have played this somewhere else. Like maybe Iceland.
I've flown over Iceland several times, but never been there. Spent six-days at Thule, in Greenland, but never explored any of it. It was cold, and I could hardly wait to get out of there. They had the best darned sea food on the base though. Gotta give them that.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW... apparentl my wife found a free Peacock trial where you can watch all the programming for several weeks, but with ads. Hopefully I've got that right, because I assumed they'd have most free trial gimmicks nailed down tighter than a drum for the first week of September. If anyone wants to know more let me know and I'll ask her.

Members online