Brazil Pre-Game Thoughts

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
FWIW... apparentl my wife found a free Peacock trial where you can watch all the programming for several weeks, but with ads. Hopefully I've got that right, because I assumed they'd have most free trial gimmicks nailed down tighter than a drum for the first week of September. If anyone wants to know more let me know and I'll ask her.
My wife did that last year it works. She just signed up with a c/c and then cancelled. It works She did it to watch that Show “1923” Yellowstone spinoff I think it was

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My sister gets WTMJ so I should be able to catch it if I read the article correctly.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. On my preseason predictions I have it as a loss. However, week one is always so hard to predict. No one knows if the momentum from last season will carry over or if the lag at the end of the season for the Eagles will carry over either.

What I will say, is we have a healthy 53 man roster for the start of the season. Seems we usually have an injury here or there. Lloyd returned to practice this week and looks like he will at least be suiting up. Watson is injury free and feels good. The deep threat will be there.

The biggest thing that I get nervous about is Hurts and what he did to the Packers a couple years ago. As a team, they rushed for over 360 yards. I know the roster is completely different and the defense has been overhauled since, but it's hard to shake what Hurts did to us last time.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. On my preseason predictions I have it as a loss. However, week one is always so hard to predict. No one knows if the momentum from last season will carry over or if the lag at the end of the season for the Eagles will carry over either.

What I will say, is we have a healthy 53 man roster for the start of the season. Seems we usually have an injury here or there. Lloyd returned to practice this week and looks like he will at least be suiting up. Watson is injury free and feels good. The deep threat will be there.

The biggest thing that I get nervous about is Hurts and what he did to the Packers a couple years ago. As a team, they rushed for over 360 yards. I know the roster is completely different and the defense has been overhauled since, but it's hard to shake what Hurts did to us last time.
Q has the size and speed to watch Hurts. Too bad we have to use a player for that but it is what it is.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While Jalen is mobile, if you look at his career stats (only 4 years), his rushing attempts, yards and yds/att are decreasing each year. Now that isn't to say that he isn't a dual threat, but as @gopkrs just stated, Quay along with the other 3 lb's and DE's I think should be able to contain him. Sure, he will pick up some yards on a scramble or 2, but as those legs get older, staying healthy is more important to him and the Eagles, he'll go down quicker than when he was a rookie.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It amazingly does not take long for one of these non contact injuries to pop up. Aaron Jones went down in the opener last year after putting up strong numbers. The Eagles are not exactly the same team as they were in 2022 but they are still talented and will give the Boys a run for the NFC East. I have to give the nod to them this week. Had we been playing them in the last few weeks of 2023 they were definitely beatable.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Jalen is mobile, if you look at his career stats (only 4 years), his rushing attempts, yards and yds/att are decreasing each year. Now that isn't to say that he isn't a dual threat, but as @gopkrs just stated, Quay along with the other 3 lb's and DE's I think should be able to contain him. Sure, he will pick up some yards on a scramble or 2, but as those legs get older, staying healthy is more important to him and the Eagles, he'll go down quicker than when he was a rookie.

In 2022 our defense had to contend with a lot more than just Hurts. We could not keep up with all of them and neither could most of the league. The Chiefs beat them because their offense was just as explosive and time was running out. I look to see Hafley gambling with more pressure than Barry. It may open up some big plays but it could also result in turnovers. I recall that when did get the Eagles to 3rd down we could not make that drive stopping play even when we were very good on 1st and 2nd down.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It amazingly does not take long for one of these non contact injuries to pop up. Aaron Jones went down in the opener last year after putting up strong numbers. The Eagles are not exactly the same team as they were in 2022 but they are still talented and will give the Boys a run for the NFC East. I have to give the nod to them this week. Had we been playing them in the last few weeks of 2023 they were definitely beatable.
I'm hoping Lloyd will be the guy that can get a little hole and has the speed to take it all the way ala Cris Johnson and others like him. Otherwise, we should not have let Jones go. Looking forward to Lloyd being healthy and showing what he has. Whenever that will be.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In 2022 our defense had to contend with a lot more than just Hurts. We could not keep up with all of them and neither could most of the league. The Chiefs beat them because their offense was just as explosive and time was running out. I look to see Hafley gambling with more pressure than Barry. It may open up some big plays but it could also result in turnovers. I recall that when did get the Eagles to 3rd down we could not make that drive stopping play even when we were very good on 1st and 2nd down.
Glad that you reminded me of the 2022 game against the Eagles. I honestly must have erased it from my brain. When I looked it up, I saw Hurts rushed for more yards than he passed for (157 rushing, 153 passing). :eek:

So I would like to delete my old post and say "STOP HURTS ON THE GROUND!" :coffee:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2023 was like opposite seasons for the Packers and Eagles. Eagles started 10-1, finished 11-6, barely made the playoffs and got blown out in the first game. Packers started 3-6 finished 9-8, bulled their way into the playoffs and blew out the cowboys.

Yes both teams will be different than 2023. I am confident the Packers will be closer to the the team that finished last season than the one that started it. I also feel the Eagles will be closer to the team that started last season than the one that finished it. The end result is that this will be a matchup of two very good football teams.

I have no idea what to expect. I will predict a win but truthfully this is one game this season that could honestly be a coin toss.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't believe they're planning to go through with this.

This is Sao Paulo Monday afternoon.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly, I can't believe they're planning to go through with this.

This is Sao Paulo Monday afternoon.

I don't doubt it looks like that, based on what I have read too. The odd thing about that article you posted is this:

• Jon Rogers
  • Published: 21:27, 21 Aug 2019
  • Updated: 21:38, 23 Aug 2019

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I do think those pics were from 2019. If you google it, they were having the same problem back then.

Here is the current "air quality" report from São Paulo. So maybe not as bad as we are hearing?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But then I see a map like the one below and think "THAT's HORRIBLE!" Oh hell, firing up the company jet and going down there to check it out for myself! :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Since I am sure some of you are wondering if I really have access to a Jet, yet alone, am able to fly one. I am posting a picture below. :coffee:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing to watch the game (or any sporting event) is buy a fire stick and “do some things to it) then you should be able to download a custom build and then have access to everything including UFC fights football baseball basketball even some of the more obscure European/Asian sports.

I live out in the country, so no cable wires and I refused to have a satellite dish that will not work in inclement weather so I’ve used my fire stick for the last six years and never missed a game that was on cable or otherwise.
Best investment I ever made.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both teams are traveling 13,000 miles to play in smoke-filled air. The NFL under Goodell is shameless. That said, this game reminds me of the 2021 opener in Jacksonville. The Packers didn't play their starters that pre-season and are traveling to a hot, humid environment. MLF doesn't know how to prepare for long road trips so expect a flat, sloppy, confused team. I wouldn't overreact to it. The Packers still finished 13-3 that season. The main thing about this game is to get back to Green Bay in one piece. The outcome is secondary.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers didn't play their starters that pre-season and are traveling to a hot, humid environment.

Doesn't sound all that different from Green Bay over the past week.

5 Day Weather-São Paulo, Brazil​

As of 10:16 pm GMT-03:00

Tonight​

Partly Cloudy
--/66°
8%
NE 9 mph

Tue 03 | Night​

66°

8%
NE9 mph
Some clouds. Low 66F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Humidity94%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise6:31 am
    New Moon
  • Moonset6:26 pm

Wed 04​

Mostly Sunny
81°/69°
7%
ENE 9 mph

Thu 05​

Showers
73°/66°
72%
WSW 19 mph

Fri 06​

Showers
71°/68°
47%
SE 8 mph

Sat 07​

Partly Cloudy
77°/69°
8%
ENE 8 mph

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Doesn't sound all that different from Green Bay over the past week.

5 Day Weather-São Paulo, Brazil​

As of 10:16 pm GMT-03:00

Tonight​

Partly Cloudy
--/66°
8%
NE 9 mph

Tue 03 | Night​

66°

8%
NE9 mph
Some clouds. Low 66F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Humidity94%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise6:31 am
    New Moon
  • Moonset6:26 pm

Wed 04​

Mostly Sunny
81°/69°
7%
ENE 9 mph

Thu 05​

Showers
73°/66°
72%
WSW 19 mph

Fri 06​

Showers
71°/68°
47%
SE 8 mph

Sat 07​

Partly Cloudy
77°/69°
8%
ENE 8 mph
Maybe the showers on Friday will help knock the smoke to the ground?

The Packers ground game should be....

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the stadium burns down, no way the NFL moves the game. Moving it would imply it was a bad idea and, like politicians, the NFL will never admit they were wrong.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Definition of a mad lad savage. My wife always makes fun of me because I want the redneck version of your private jet.

For anyone wondering……it’s the Banana shaped parachute with the Louisiana airboat fan attached to the back. That’s my dream private jet….;-).