2023 Playoffs discussion

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who do you think was the lead dancer in that little ballet?
Brett's team

Brett gave an interview with Al Jones for the Biloxi? New paper and said the 10 million was a marketing deal

Next week with Rachael Nicols? He said it was a bribe

David from Brett's camp kept harping on Ari Fletcher? Being hired by the packers for damage control

If you recall Brett's jet beng tracked? That was all David. He was Brett's true pilot for the plane Brett owned. David put out media blast to get to airport to welcome brett back

Reaction score
I still can’t believe that 6th seed is in play for GB. crazy.

In almost every scenario IF we win out and Seattle loses 1. We play 6th or 7th seed either
GB @ Dallas
or
GB @ Detroit
outside chance of us being a 7th playing @ Philly

Those are all winnable games as the NFC is a crapshoot.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

In almost every scenario IF we win out and Seattle loses 1. We play 6th or 7th seed either
GB @ Dallas
or
GB @ Detroit

Given those options, I'd say the Pack would beat them all at the same time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Brett's team

Brett gave an interview with Al Jones for the Biloxi? New paper and said the 10 million was a marketing deal

Next week with Rachael Nicols? He said it was a bribe

David from Brett's camp kept harping on Ari Fletcher? Being hired by the packers for damage control

If you recall Brett's jet beng tracked? That was all David. He was Brett's true pilot for the plane Brett owned. David put out media blast to get to airport to welcome brett back
Oh, I remember. It was an out and out cluster b0ink. The local TV stations were in full Watergate mode.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre lied to media and his team really spun it all. I witnessed 1st hand from his business partner David Thomson
Its been a while, when did Favre lie to the media?

Yeah, Favre REALLY opened a brand new bag of "f-around" with the Pack during that episode of Retired or Not. I thought Rodgers' bag of f-around was a little more devious ... whereas Favre's was more of a double barrel one finger salute.

Personally I think the Favre retired or not was overstated until the last year and even then the Packers simply said OK you're done. Yes he waffled for a few years but it wasn't like everyone thought he hated the team for the last years of his tenure. With Rodgers you had the whole "disgruntled" and for at least 2 years one of the prevailing thoughts was that he couldn't wait to get out of Green Bay and was doing all he could to finagle it. I don't think anyone thought Favre wanted out of Green Bay he just wasn't sure if he wanted to keep playing. I don't think many Packers fans hated Favre until he went to the vikings. Rodgers incurred the wrath of many Packers fans well before he left the team.

When Favre played against the Packers it was as a viking and I don't think the national media hype was as much as it will be with the Jets. The Packers/vikings rivalry is huge for Packers fans and viking fans but its still more or less regional. The Jets will bring the full force of the New York and national media. I don't think it would have been nearly as big a deal if Favre had played against the Packers when he was with the Jets because I don't think the "breakup" between Favre and the Packers was nearly as tumultuous as the one between Rodgers and the Packers. I don't think Favre left with nearly as much animosity as Rodgers and I think the media will play up that animosity. I just think the majority of the hype surrounding Favre's return as the enemy was because he returned as a viking and not because of the way it ended with the Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Its been a while, when did Favre lie to the media?

Personally I think the Favre retired or not was overstated until the last year and even then the Packers simply said OK you're done. Yes he waffled for a few years but it wasn't like everyone thought he hated the team for the last years of his tenure. With Rodgers you had the whole "disgruntled" and for at least 2 years one of the prevailing thoughts was that he couldn't wait to get out of Green Bay and was doing all he could to finagle it. I don't think anyone thought Favre wanted out of Green Bay he just wasn't sure if he wanted to keep playing. I don't think many Packers fans hated Favre until he went to the vikings. Rodgers incurred the wrath of many Packers fans well before he left the team.

When Favre played against the Packers it was as a viking and I don't think the national media hype was as much as it will be with the Jets. The Packers/vikings rivalry is huge for Packers fans and viking fans but its still more or less regional. The Jets will bring the full force of the New York and national media. I don't think it would have been nearly as big a deal if Favre had played against the Packers when he was with the Jets because I don't think the "breakup" between Favre and the Packers was nearly as tumultuous as the one between Rodgers and the Packers. I don't think Favre left with nearly as much animosity as Rodgers and I think the media will play up that animosity. I just think the majority of the hype surrounding Favre's return as the enemy was because he returned as a viking and not because of the way it ended with the Packers.
In same post I explained

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In same post I explained
Yeah, I started my reply then got sidetracked for a while and didn't see the other posts until after I hit send. I guess I didn't pay a lot of attention to the whole mess thing after it was announced he was not coming back. I looked at it as if he was gone and not a Packer anymore so I didn't really care. I still think the hype with Rodgers will be worse.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Steelers almost 200 yards rushing on the Seachickens.

Up 27-20 w 7:00 left

Reaction score
Steelers helped GB out by taking down Seattle. Packers' playoff future is squarely in their own hands.
We’ve had several chances. Hopefully we are up for this game

If not? It’s not the worst thing. We’d be picking Top #10 in the draft going into our last contest and verifying we can’t draft worse than #18 overall or better.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Second season in a row with a win & in scenario for the last game. Maybe this time we don't :poop: the bed like we did last time. Playing with house money now based on preseason guestimates.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either the talking heads are wrong about "win and in" (which I'm assuming means whichever team wins gets in), or the ESPN playoff machine is wrong. If you tell the ESPN Playoff Machine https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine right now to pick the Week 18 games by defensive ranking, it will pick the Bears over the Packers, but the Packers still get the 7th seed and the Bears do not make the playoffs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GB @ Dallas
or
GB @ Detroit

Win next week. Do not look ahead. We did that last season. But it is good to dream on.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers helped GB out by taking down Seattle. Packers' playoff future is squarely in their own hands.
Tomlin outcoached Carroll. No easy task especially on the road. Removing Trubisky for Rudolph paid dividends.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if we can beat the Bears next week we're into the playoffs with a record of 9-8. For a while there, I thought that we might squeak into the playoffs with a losing record, that would be embarrassing.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Either the talking heads are wrong about "win and in" (which I'm assuming means whichever team wins gets in), or the ESPN playoff machine is wrong. If you tell the ESPN Playoff Machine https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine right now to pick the Week 18 games by defensive ranking, it will pick the Bears over the Packers, but the Packers still get the 7th seed and the Bears do not make the playoffs.
Bears need about 4 other games to also break their way.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are eliminated. They needed last nights GB-MN game to end in a tie to stay alive.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if we can beat the Bears next week we're into the playoffs with a record of 9-8. For a while there, I thought that we might squeak into the playoffs with a losing record, that would be embarrassing.
8 wins is quite an accomplishment. 9 would be gravy.

Reaction score
We all know that Anything goes in the playoffs. Teams get hurt. Teams get healthy. Teams play inspired. Teams don’t come with their A game.

I’m not going to say we’re “healthy” however we do have some good players who could return IF we do business with a good Chicago team. Into a playoffs scenarios (after all we’re knocking on the door now) we actually do have some good depth. As we just found out with Melton. Heck he might be as good as Wicks. Plus I think Watson is close. We could go into playoffs with Watson, Doubs, Melton and getting back Wicks and Reed and Musgrave behind them. We already know Kraft can carry his 255lb weight. We also have Enmanual Wilson back at practice. We’re not healthy but we are absolutely getting healthy.

Defensively we have Stokes and J’aire both working back into the mix likely this week or next. Things could be worse. Even Campbell might come around if we start sniffing a Divisional. Winning heals many wounds.

As far as inspired. I’m sure inspired by what we’ve done and I see a group of guys that look inspired also in that lockerroom. Yes to inspired.

The hurdle.
Don’t underestimate the Bears record!!
The Bears are playing Good Dec ball. 4 of the last 5 were Wins and the 1 loss was a hot hand Browns team 17-20 score. We can’t overlook the Bears. However this isn’t Soldier Field where they’ve been playing a lot as of recent and this is a Packers team that has nothing to lose and everything to gain. We’re the definition of dangerous. Does Dallas want GB? I doubt it.
Does Detroit want GB? We’re liable to repeat last meeting.

I’m not afraid of anyone in the NFC right now and that goes for the 49ers. As long as we get hot at the right time we can beat Dallas. I follow them closely and they’re a good team. We’re the definition of an 8-8 and rising. Last 7 games Love has 16 TD and 1 INT. Not to mention 2 TD rushing.
Love is on a tear and as I’ve said. There’s a reason he put up near 50 points per in 2018. MW Conference or not, that’s still explosive.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know that Anything goes in the playoffs. Teams get hurt. Teams get healthy. Teams play inspired. Teams don’t come with their A game.

I’m not going to say we’re “healthy” however we do have some good players who could return IF we do business with a good Chicago team. Into a playoffs scenarios (after all we’re knocking on the door now) we actually do have some good depth. As we just found out with Melton. Heck he might be as good as Wicks. Plus I think Watson is close. We could go into playoffs with Watson, Doubs, Melton and getting back Wicks and Reed and Musgrave behind them. We already know Kraft can carry his 255lb weight. We also have Enmanual Wilson back at practice. We’re not healthy but we are absolutely getting healthy.

Defensively we have Stokes and J’aire both working back into the mix likely this week or next. Things could be worse. Even Campbell might come around if we start sniffing a Divisional. Winning heals many wounds.

As far as inspired. I’m sure inspired by what we’ve done and I see a group of guys that look inspired also in that lockerroom. Yes to inspired.

The hurdle.
Don’t underestimate the Bears record!!
The Bears are playing Good Dec ball. 4 of the last 5 were Wins and the 1 loss was a hot hand Browns team 17-20 score. We can’t overlook the Bears. However this isn’t Soldier Field where they’ve been playing a lot as of recent and this is a Packers team that has nothing to lose and everything to gain. We’re the definition of dangerous. Does Dallas want GB? I doubt it.
Does Detroit want GB? We’re liable to repeat last meeting.

I’m not afraid of anyone in the NFC right now and that goes for the 49ers. As long as we get hot at the right time we can beat Dallas. I follow them closely and they’re a good team. We’re the definition of an 8-8 and rising. Last 7 games Love has 16 TD and 1 INT. Not to mention 2 TD rushing.
Love is on a tear and as I’ve said. There’s a reason he put up near 50 points per in 2018. MW Conference or not, that’s still explosive.
The Bears also had Detroit beat just before Thanksgiving and gave it away late in that one. I just hope the one we saw earlier shows up. DJ Moore is not Jefferson but he is a threat. Hebert is almost as good as Montgomery. But the one that has to be the center of attention is Fields.

Members online