Da NFC North discussion/standings after wk 1.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mentioned you like Vodka. We aren’t known for our vodka here in Kentucky, but we do do bourbon very well. In fact, right now I have open bottles of Blantons, Weller(antique),E.H. Taylor, Buffalo Trace and Makers Mark for my wife.
The distillery in Frankfurt for Buffalo Trace came out with, in the last year or two, a vodka called Wheatley. I’ve heard good things if it reaches that far.
Vodka, cognac, and I always have a 1.75 liter bottle of Jack Daniels #7 on hand. Those are my 3 "go-to" favorites. At times, I've even been known to have a quart or two Mason jars hanging around with some "special brew" that I get from a friend of my Brother-In-Law, who I met, in Kentucky, and I swear came right out of a family that lives so far up in the sticks that he would be the perfect person to describe as being the ultimate hillbilly. It included the bib overalls, with only one working strap! Seriously!

But, if you want smooth, this guy does make the best shine I think in this world. He'd put the boys on that TV show about Moonshiners to shame. But, I don't know much else. You just don't ask questions, as you well know, living in Kentucky.

What a lot of people don't realize is that a lot of the brands you mentioned have their roots back to moonshiners. Their Master Distillers come from a long line of people who drove '49 Mercuries with a shine tank in the trunk, and a top end of 160 MPH, and a low center of gravity. In fact, in the Air Force, I met a guy whose Pappy was a Minister, and the guy I knew was a shine runner, and had one of those Mercuries. In fact, he went into the Air Force to avoid going to jail for running shine. He brought his "second car" to the base because his first one had been confiscated when he got caught, before enlisting. That car was something else. I rode with him at 145 MPH, and told him that if that speedometer ever went over 90 again, and wasn't going to ride with him to go out drinking.

Anyhow, David taught me what good shine was all about. He always had a couple of Mason jars full of it on weekends, when we couldn't leave the base, and didn't have the scratch to go to the on base club. Needless to say, we spent a lot of evenings just sipping on Cokes in the day room of our barracks, getting wasted, and nobody had a clue.

Sorry about that! I've done so much over a lifetime. It just comes out in bits and pieces.

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the good Lord gave us whiskey, beer and such spirits so that we would believe each other‘s tall tales and stories about women!!!
Also….have to be able to blame seeing aliens in real life on something!!!!!

Funny haha or funny hmmm?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And then it happened, the sun shined down and the D-Line crashed through like a bunch of wild grizzly bears and Will Levis….you beautiful sum braatch, instead of taking the sack… you just flung the ball into the air where my guy Tyrique Stevenson makes the easiest pick of his career and houses it…..paving the way for victory……Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. To close for comfort.
I watched that game, or most of it. One thing I noticed about Caleb Williams: Yeah, it was just his first game and he's still adjusting to the pro game. But when he got into trouble, he threw the ball away. Instead of panicking and letting loose a wild pass that might get picked off. That's actually a very good skill (or judgement) to have.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too often fans fail to realize that the game plan can have a dramatic effect on how well a QB plays. If the plan exploits of the opposition, and the plays fall into the QB's wheel house, he's in a position to quite possibly having a great game. If he's asked to use plays he finds difficult for him to accomplish, it can end up a disaster.

I keep asking myself why so many HCs will continue to have their QB remain in the pocket to take a pounding when the offensive line isn't giving his receivers time to run their routes. You'd think they'd be smart enough to use roll outs, to defeat the rush, and give that QB more time to make his reads, and the receives to find their spots. No matter who the QB, I've seen this happen, way too often.
Interesting points. Two things MLF has been notoriously bad at - clock management and in-game adjustments. I think all three TOs were gone with 10 minutes left in the 1H. And it was obvious the Eagles were stacking the line to prevent runs up the middle. It took until half time for MLF to change that.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting points. Two things MLF has been notoriously bad at - clock management and in-game adjustments. I think all three TOs were gone with 10 minutes left in the 1H. And it was obvious the Eagles were stacking the line to prevent runs up the middle. It took until half time for MLF to change that.
You nailed LeFleur's weaknesses on the nose.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was notorious for using up timeouts. But then if he saw what the defense was doing he tried to adjust sometimes to the coach's chagrin. MM was intrinsically bad at clock management in the first half. He would stop the clock when the defense was on the field thinking he would get the ball back even when the opponent was content with running it out. Instead the other team would take advantage and score going into the locker room.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kept thinking that night how much I miss Mike Holmgren.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the good Lord gave us whiskey, beer and such spirits so that we would believe each other‘s tall tales and stories about women!!!
Also….have to be able to blame seeing aliens in real life on something!!!!!

Funny haha or funny hmmm?
Proverbs 31
The sayings of King Lemuel—an inspired utterance his mother taught him.

2 Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb!
Listen, my son, the answer to my prayers!
3 Do not spend your strength on women,
your vigor on those who ruin kings.
4 It is not for kings, Lemuel—
it is not for kings to drink wine,
not for rulers to crave beer,
5 lest they drink and forget what has been decreed,
and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.
6 Let beer be for those who are perishing,
wine for those who are in anguish!
7 Let them drink and forget their poverty
and remember their misery no more.