2023 Playoffs discussion

Reaction score
Also Hockenson is gone for the season. That’s a big blow as he’s their TE1. It also allows us to put more focus on Jefferson, which is the star on that field.

If we treat this game seriously and get some pressure on Mullens, we can win this. Mullens is a good backup, but this isn’t Tua or Mahomes here.

It depends on who brings the energy. It’s short travel and a Sunday night game, so there’s no Jet lag. IF we can win on the road and attain 8-8? We have a 50/50 chance at playoffs. We need Seattle to lose to have a legit shot at a #6 seed. At least Seattle plays a good Steelers team.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough but I think this one would be worse. I think there was a lot more going on with the Packers/Rodgers breakup than the Favre/Packer one. Plus everything seems to be a lot more transparent now. Plus, Rodgers was and is a lot more vocal than Favre was.
I am not so sure about all that. Favre put on a show lot of times without saying a word. Rodgers is more subtle and somber. Now Favre never barked too much about the roster the way Rodgers did. Favre did want Randy Moss at one time. And he pleaded with Thompson to keep Mike Wahle. But other than that he put it upon himself to lead the team with whomever was alongside him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Hockenson is gone for the season. That’s a big blow as he’s their TE1. It also allows us to put more focus on Jefferson, which is the star on that field.

If we treat this game seriously and get some pressure on Mullens, we can win this. Mullens is a good backup, but this isn’t Tua or Mahomes here.

It depends on who brings the energy. It’s short travel and a Sunday night game, so there’s no Jet lag. IF we can win on the road and attain 8-8? We have a 50/50 chance at playoffs. We need Seattle to lose to have a legit shot at a #6 seed. At least Seattle plays a good Steelers team.
Even if the Vikings get in they know they are one and done. Just a hard luck year for them whereas last year lady luck was close by.

Reaction score
Even if the Vikings get in they know they are one and done. Just a hard luck year for them whereas last year lady luck was close by.
Yeah we’re sort of in that same category. Although something just tells me Love would be better under pressure than Mullens. Also there’s a 50/50 shot we’d get either Musgrave or Watson back for the Bears. If we make the playoffs, there’s a 50/50 chance we’d have both Musgrave and Watson back, which is substantial.

My goal would be to get Love a playoff contest. I think that’s a remarkable feat for a 1st year starting QB.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we’re sort of in that same category. Although something just tells me Love would be better under pressure than Mullens. Also there’s a 50/50 shot we’d get either Musgrave or Watson back for the Bears. If we make the playoffs, there’s a 50/50 chance we’d have both Musgrave and Watson back, which is substantial.

My goal would be to get Love a playoff contest. I think that’s a remarkable feat for a 1st year starting QB.
Anything is possible this season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that the easy way for the vikings to get in the playoffs is the same as The Pack. Win out and have Seattle or Rams lose one.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Giants with a chance to beat the rams and help us out… and Crosby lets us down
Would have been a real solid if he had... as it sits, the Giants are doing us NO favors this season... or last season ... or... EVER.. the crummy turds.

Reaction score
Would have been a real solid if he had... as it sits, the Giants are doing us NO favors this season... or last season ... or... EVER.. the crummy turds.
Yeah. That hurt. Yet the Rams play the 49ers next week. At Levi

Although the Bears helped us

We have to be Steelers fans. Next to us winning tonight, that game is super important.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants with a chance to beat the rams and help us out… and Crosby lets us down
Giants had a chance to get 10 yards closer. They also botched the 2 point try. 54 in cold weather is not Crosby's bread and butter any longer. If Carlson kicks he may miss but the ball will travel 60.

Reaction score
A Steelers Win and GB Win and we move to a 7th seed.

Then if the Rams lose next week to the 49ers?
GB is playing for a 6th seed

We’ve got to get a Steelers Win today

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody on the Giants realized they had plenty of time. And they stupidly clocked the ball on 1st down! Reminded me of Favre.
The QB got them in range but after that the coach failed. Crosby from 45 or 47 is possible.

Reaction score
Eagles laid an egg in Arizona ... the NFC needs prozac
Yes. Obviously we’re win or go home

Then the Cardinals play Seattle next week. We need either a Steelers Win today or a Cardinals Win next week. So it’s good to see the Cardinals on fire

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Obviously we’re win or go home

Then the Cardinals play Seattle next week. We need either a Steelers Win today or a Cardinals Win next week. So it’s good to see the Cardinals
Very hard to win in Seattle. Pete Carroll is not likely to do what the Eagles did today.

Reaction score
Very hard to win in Seattle. Pete Carroll is not likely to do what the Eagles did today.
True. I meant they (Seattle) plays in Arizona. I’d rather Seattle goes down now though. Oh you meant today gotcha.

It’s crazy to think we could be playing for a #7 seed tonight. I won’t talk about the 6th seed next week because its 1 week at a time.

Edit: 7-7 Steelers Seattle

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. I meant they (Seattle) plays in Arizona. I’d rather Seattle goes down now though. Oh you meant today gotcha.

It’s crazy to think we could be playing for a #7 seed tonight. I won’t talk about the 6th seed next week because its 1 week at a time.

Edit: 7-7 Steelers Seattle
After today's performance by Arizona the Seahawks do not have a gimme next week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tough but I think this one would be worse. I think there was a lot more going on with the Packers/Rodgers breakup than the Favre/Packer one. Plus everything seems to be a lot more transparent now. Plus, Rodgers was and is a lot more vocal than Favre was.
Favre lied to media and his team really spun it all. I witnessed 1st hand from his business partner David Thomson

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Favre lied to media and his team really spun it all. I witnessed 1st hand from his business partner David Thomson
Yeah, Favre REALLY opened a brand new bag of "f-around" with the Pack during that episode of Retired or Not. I thought Rodgers' bag of f-around was a little more devious ... whereas Favre's was more of a double barrel one finger salute.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, Favre REALLY opened a brand new bag of "f-around" with the Pack during that episode of Retired or Not. I thought Rodgers' bag of f-around was a little more devious ... whereas Favre's was more of a double barrel one finger salute.
They really had a fit when Brett was locked out of the locker room. Changed the code so he couldn't come in