2023 Division round at the SF

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A. Jones is due to come out of his SF slumber. Knucklehead? I resemble that remark. If Love takes an L he will most assuredly head for a darkness retreat and drinking his own urine. Book it!!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do opposing fans feel the need to justify to us that they're really good? Do you think we don't know who CMC, Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk are?

How many pro bowlers did the Cowboys have? Were they not justified in playing the "we're way too good and talented" card before last Sunday?

Now all of the sudden they lose and it's, "oh, well they just have Ceedee Lamb. We have WAY more guys that can beat you than that."

They WERE the highest scoring team in the NFL, right? Just not sure if your goal is to convince us of how good you are or yourself.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For the record pay attention to why he said that to broken arrow
I took it as a general comment to several posters. Could tell where she/he was headed and I was right.

Through my years here, there's been fans from our next opponent coming here. 90% of them are humble and just trying to have a good conversation between fans. That person was in the 10%.

If the Packers win Saturday, they won't be back. If the 9'ers win, you can set your watch to their victory post.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I took it as a general comment to several posters. Could tell where she/he was headed and I was right.

Through my years here, there's been fans from our next opponent coming here. 90% of them are humble and just trying to have a good conversation between fans. That person was in the 10%.

If the Packers win Saturday, they won't be back. If the 9'ers win, you can set your watch to their victory post.

I said my peace about it and if they do more they are gone

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you and acknowledge that some of their response was fueled by a flaming arrow.
Ty

Thats what I originally saw.

I did see his nasty stuff at end and that was deleted.

But opposing fans will come here with a chip. Wouldn't we?

We need to do our best to be poilet and treat them with resespect. I don't think Aarow did in his initial post.

I asked Poppa to chime in to see if I was off

Just saw title

Whiners?

How would you feel going to a thread and said fudge pack?

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if Steve Wilkes game plan is to play soft then I expect Love to pad the stats. He likes to wait until the opposing teams are in the red zone before he tightens up the defense.
The 49ers have a better roster on defense this year than in years past. It’s the scheme and DC that hold them back. Maybe Wilkes throws the Saleh or Demeco Ryan’s playbook at you guys and lets his players go off. We’ll see.
A couple of weeks rest helps this team more than hurts. They will be ready.
A couple seasons ago the Niners played soft and stayed with the 4 man rush and we beat them 30-28. They were so afraid of Rodgers deep shots with Adams and Lazard out there. In the playoff they jammed the line and dared Rodgers to beat them. We lost. I would think they will mix it up figuring a young QB with a young offense will screw up more than succeed.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A. Jones is due to come out of his SF slumber. Knucklehead? I resemble that remark. If Love takes an L he will most assuredly head for a darkness retreat and drinking his own urine. Book it!!
Niners will be tougher to block up front than the Boys. They come off the ball a bit faster.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners will be tougher to block up front than the Boys. They come off the ball a bit faster.
hmmm...Bosa or Parsons? I'd take Parsons every day. Lawrence or Oren Burks???? Burks totally stunk in GB, I'd run right at him. I think to slow the rush: screen or circle routes. Dont look now but Runyon is being surpassed by Rhyan. This undoubtedly will be a very tough one. I'm beyond sick and tired of losing to SF.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do they though? Niners have 2 more sacks the Dallas, but Dallas had a slightly high QB pressure percentage. Interestingly, our QBP% is higher than both of them by more than 3%.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm...Bosa or Parsons? I'd take Parsons every day. Lawrence or Oren Burks???? Burks totally stunk in GB, I'd run right at him. I think to slow the rush: screen or circle routes. Dont look now but Runyon is being surpassed by Rhyan. This undoubtedly will be a very tough one. I'm beyond sick and tired of losing to SF.
And I cannot figure how we have fared so well conversely against Dallas. The two teams records over the past 3 years are very close. SF seems to have the Boys number. I guess it comes down to game planning and coaching.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The addition of Chase Young has helped the SF pass rush, so it's not just Bosa. And Burks is not the point of comparison with Lawrence it's Fred Warner who is all pro this year. Plus they have Hufanga as 1st team all-pro safety. SF's defense is just good. No two ways about it.

Beating SF in SF is going to be tough. Unlike the Cowpokes they are not playoff chokers. Slowing down CMC will be tough. If JA can't go that will hurt. Aaron Jones needs to rip off some good runs.

Packers certainly can win. They have way more talent than ppl are giving them credit for. No QB is playing better than Love right now. Just b/c the receiving corps is a bunch of young no-names doesn't mean they aren't good. Doubs, Reed, Watson/Wicks, Musgrave/Kraft -- I'll take them over a lot of other teams. And the OL? they are solid. So this idea that SF is way more talented than GB may not be as true as all that.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The addition of Chase Young has helped the SF pass rush, so it's not just Bosa. And Burks is not the point of comparison with Lawrence it's Fred Warner who is all pro this year. Plus they have Hufanga as 1st team all-pro safety. SF's defense is just good. No two ways about it.

Beating SF in SF is going to be tough. Unlike the Cowpokes they are not playoff chokers. Slowing down CMC will be tough. If JA can't go that will hurt. Aaron Jones needs to rip off some good runs.

Packers certainly can win. They have way more talent than ppl are giving them credit for. No QB is playing better than Love right now. Just b/c the receiving corps is a bunch of young no-names doesn't mean they aren't good. Doubs, Reed, Watson/Wicks, Musgrave/Kraft -- I'll take them over a lot of other teams. And the OL? they are solid. So this idea that SF is way more talented than GB may not be as true as all that.
Fred Warner imo is a big problem. He's a bad man. I wish the Packers had him. I'm not convinced our interior o-line can neutralize him. Big bad man has getting all-pro awards for a reason.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FYI: Hufanga hurt his knee earlier this year. He's on IR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ty

Thats what I originally saw.

I did see his nasty stuff at end and that was deleted.

But opposing fans will come here with a chip. Wouldn't we?

We need to do our best to be poilet and treat them with resespect. I don't think Aarow did in his initial post.

I asked Poppa to chime in to see if I was off

Just saw title

Whiners?

How would you feel going to a thread and said fudge pack?
For whatever it is worth.

I think you did your job as a Moderator well, while the rest of us chuckleheads served our positions as we saw fit. This forum has always been very welcoming to other fans. That said, just like when a Packer fan gets out of line in here, some of us will go after them, in attempt to knock them off their pedestal. You as a mod set the tone and enforce the rules, so no need for you to get bloody with a poster like that.

As far as titles of threads and nicknames used for other teams, they would have to be pretty thin-skinned to let that offend them. Now if it got downright offensive, I think you or one of the other mods would have corrected it immediately.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beating SF in SF is going to be tough. Unlike the Cowpokes they are not playoff chokers.
Maybe they are not chokers to the extent of the Cowboys, but Shanahan definitely blew 2 Super Bowls. And the 49ers got to play the Cowboys in the playoffs the past 2 seasons - when you have 2 chokers playing against each other, somebody's got to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of "whiners", wow on this.

When I first read the headlines of the article below, I was like "Oh crap, did one of our players verbally or physically assault one of the Cowboy Cheerleaders?" Then I read the article, rolled my eyes and thought "Oh boy, slow news day and this woman needs to have a self reflecting reality check."

So.. what was said? "Hey, having a hard time cheering today aren't you?" or something that was actually disrespectful?. Given that nothing specific was stated, guessing it was at the 'Bad man yell at me and hurt my feelings' level.

Tens of thousands of cell phones, TVs, security eye balls. Would have assumed someone saw something.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
Would like to see what he has in a real game. However, the fact that I don't think he has been elevated since Week 7, doesn't bode well. Has he been on the active roster more than Week 2 (1 snap) and Week 7 (3 snaps)?

Personally I’d increase Gary snaps
5-10%. Lukas increased 10-15% and Cox jr accounting for 15-20% makeup work. Who knows having Cox jr (thicker more violent type athlete) in for limited snaps and keeping him fresh (low snap count) might actually be a pretty good antidote. He looked darn good in Preseason and easily earned a depth spot
So you’re telling me there’s a chance …
About as much chance as Pee Wee Herman finding Farah Faucette Majors waiting for him in an adult movie theater. :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Personally I’d increase Gary snaps
5-10%. Lukas increased 10-15% and Cox jr accounting for 15-20% makeup work. Who knows having Cox jr (thicker more violent type athlete) in for limited snaps and keeping him fresh (low snap count) might actually be a pretty good antidote. He looked darn good in Preseason and easily earned a depth spot

About as much chance as Pee Wee Herman finding Farah Faucette Majors waiting for him in an adult movie theater. :whistling:
Cox is on the 52, so if he isn't declared inactive, we might get to see him. With only 4 healthy OLB's (Smith, Gary, LVN, Wilson) ahead of him on the depth chart, I see that now as a strong possibility.

I like the idea of Cox getting some playing time, just not sure if we will see that happen in the playoffs. I am sure that we will see more of Wilson out there. I do like your idea though of bringing him in on some obvious passing downs and unleash a hungry, fresh Cox on that Purdy QB. :coffee:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So.. what was said? "Hey, having a hard time cheering today aren't you?" or something that was actually disrespectful?. Given that nothing specific was stated, guessing it was at the 'Bad man yell at me and hurt my feelings' level.

Tens of thousands of cell phones, TVs, security eye balls. Would have assumed someone saw something.
Agree. Also, it isn't like the cheerleaders aren't out there shaking their pom poms and cheering when the Packers do bad things. They are just required to stay in a certain area during the game. I am all about treating women and men respectfully, but just because you put on a short skirt, wear a low cut blouse and jump up and down, doesn't mean you are beyond an opposing player celebrating in front of you.