When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't win solely because of Rodgers, but he's the one guy on the team who, when he is on top of his game, can single handedly put the game on his shoulders.

My only point in the first place is that a franchise RB isn't comparable in value to a franchise QB, and I'm surprised that anyone is even willing to debate that. There's a reason that a franchise RB makes like half of the money that a franchise QB makes.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really, because the importance of a franchise QB and franchise RB are on totally different levels in today's NFL.

If Rodgers plays at his top level (MVP), the Packers can compete in spite of anything else. If Peterson plays at his top level (MVP), it helps the Vikings, but they still need other things to go right to compete.
I mean seriously, QB and RB are light years apart in importance in the NFL. Common knowledge there, imo.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is good, but this myth that we win solely because of him is getting old, just like it got old with Brett. None of these guys does it alone, not a single freakin one.
ANY other QB last year and we don't even make the playoffs. Fact.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, Rodgers could have been better in the playoffs. Yes , more could have been done to have more/better talent on the team overall. But I don't buy into the team is lousy if not for Rodgers, although it's not a contender without him. But the last 7 years record wasn't achieved just because of Rodgers; nor is Rodgers solely to blame, since last I checked, there's 1o other guys on the field with him, and he's not on the field for defense or special teams.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, Rodgers could have been better in the playoffs. Yes , more could have been done to have more/better talent on the team overall. But I don't buy into the team is lousy if not for Rodgers, although it's not a contender without him. But the last 7 years record wasn't achieved just because of Rodgers; nor is Rodgers solely to blame, since last I checked, there's 1o other guys on the field with him, and he's not on the field for defense or special teams.
Man, you guys must have LOOONG forgotten what it is like to have crappy QB play. Trust me, it sucks. lol

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been a Packer fan and have watched them for 50 years. Don Horn, Jim Del Gazzo (?),a washed up John Hadl, etc, etc. Oh, I remember.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any? Really? Rodgers wasn't awful last season, but he wasn't MVP level and plenty of other guys had a better season.
No other QB in the NFL could have taken the Packers to the playoffs last season. Only Aaron Rodgers, imo.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady or Wilson wouldn't have missed as many open guys.

We can disagree on this one.
Tom Brady has to cheat to win and neither him nor Russel Wilson has the skill set AR12 has. Nobody in the NFL does.

EDIT: This is like the arguments back in the day: Who is better, Dan Marino or Joe Montana?

Well, Let's ask Joe Montana and Bill Walsh who the best QB in NFL history is?

They both will say Dan Marino to this day. Also, here is a priceless quote from Bill Walsh himself:

"Joe Montana was the product of a system, Dan Marino was the system."

If Aaron Rodgers keeps making throws like his last one consistently? The unthinkable may happen. LOL

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady has to cheat to win and neither him nor Russel Wilson has the skill set AR12 has. Nobody in the NFL does.

EDIT: This is like the arguments back in the day: Who is better, Dan Marino or Joe Montana?

Well, Let's ask Joe Montana and Bill Walsh who the best QB in NFL history is?

They both will say Dan Marino to this day. Also, here is a priceless quote from Bill Walsh himself:

"Joe Montana was the product of a system, Dan Marino was the system."

If Aaron Rodgers keeps making throws like his last one consistently? The unthinkable may happen. LOL

They both have the skill set to hit wide open receivers. It's not that Rodgers wasn't still extremely talented last season. For some reason though, he didn't play up to that talent level.

I don't really see how you can't see that he wasn't his normal self last year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cheat stuff with Brady and co. passed absurd a while ago. Not gonna get into a knock down drag out over it, it's been covered.
As for Wilson, the 2nd half of the season he was off the charts, and played like a guy who all the lights came on for.
As for GOAT QB, Johnny Unitas.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, CashinFist, great quote from Walsh. Came across an old TT quote before that a lot of you may get a kick out of;
"I know for a fact that they don't have any inside information, because sometimes I'm the only inside information, and I'm not telling anybody".

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cheat stuff with Brady and co. passed absurd a while ago. Not gonna get into a knock down drag out over it, it's been covered.
As for Wilson, the 2nd half of the season he was off the charts, and played like a guy who all the lights came on for.
As for GOAT QB, Johnny Unitas.

How so? They cheated, multiple times. Tom Brady lied about it. Got caught. Multiple times. That is what happened. Where is the confusion?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last word on it from me; If you think any of it even begins to account for how good Brady plays for 15 seasons, or can even begin to account for 15 years of excellence by the Patriots, then I don't know what to say to you. And that's if you believe that any of the 'cheatgate' stuff had much , if any , effect on Brady's performance and ability, or on that of his teams accomplishments; which I do not.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last word on it from me; If you think any of it even begins to account for how good Brady plays for 15 seasons, or can even begin to account for 15 years of excellence by the Patriots, then I don't know what to say to you. And that's if you believe that any of the 'cheatgate' stuff had much , if any , effect on Brady's performance and ability, or on that of his teams accomplishments; which I do not.
I'm just gonna leave it at this and walk away:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really, because the importance of a franchise QB and franchise RB are on totally different levels in today's NFL.

If Rodgers plays at his top level (MVP), the Packers can compete in spite of anything else. If Peterson plays at his top level (MVP), it helps the Vikings, but they still need other things to go right to compete.

That's why I said on some level it's similar. Because I know the two can't truly be equal

let's do it this way.

Packers vs Vikings in NFCCG

You rather play them with AP or with out AP?

I'm pretty sure every Packer fan would say with out AP.. Thats only way I can explain my opinion.

Again I KNOW a mvp performance by Rodgers is 100 times different than a mvp performance by AP

If no one agrees with me, that's OK...

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers would've looked a bit better last year if there was any wr, or rb that was able to do his job consistantly.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mostly I'm with Carl on the Rodgers thing. Rodgers, for a number of reasons, did not play up to the level we expect him to last season. That's not saying he was bad, just not as good as we need him to be, and our record especially in the last half of the season reflected that. He still had moments where he made some incredible plays that many QBs can't.

We gotta remember no matter how high the pedestal is that we put him on, the guy is still human and the fact that it took 8 seasons for him to really have one that we consider 'struggling' is a testament to how good he is.

It happens. He'll bounce back.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole blame Rodgers, the receivers, Lacy, or the line last year is kind of like the chicken or the egg argument. None of them played particularly well, which magnified their struggles as a whole.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers had bad knee, he had slight tear in meniscus from 3 rd q of Charger game. We were 6-0 then went 4-6.. wasn't play calling, wasn't wr not being able to get open as much as it was Rodgers couldn't plant on bad knee..

Bad knee, can't plant=bad mechanics, results in accuracy issuess

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had bad knee, he had slight tear in meniscus from 3 rd q of Charger game. We were 6-0 then went 4-6.. wasn't play calling, wasn't wr not being able to get open as much as it was Rodgers couldn't plant on bad knee..

Bad knee, can't plant=bad mechanics, results in accuracy issuess

Tore meniscus? Where'd u hear that?

Members online

Latest posts