When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 6794

The question is TT going to fix the obvious holes on the team which he has yet to do or is he going to once again diminish their chances of a championship by sticking to the status quo? Since Finley went down TT has not fixed the TE position. He grosly overreached by picking Rodgers in the third round when the guy is a sixth round talent. The Packers have too many holes to fix with the draft alone. It looks again like the Packers are going to be hamstrung by TT'S negligent attitude towards fixing glaring holes. Trevathon, Green or Fleener would have been an instant upgrade. Their contracts didn't break the bank.

I agree about Trevathan's and Green's contracts but Fleener got overpaid and I'm glad Thompson didn't offer him a deal like the Saints did.

terryprekop

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to go. Getting to the playoffs every year isn't good enough anymore when you have a once in a lifetime QB. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks because he’s too stubborn to use free agency and trades. New England is a prime example of a team who utilizes the draft and free agency as well as trades. They understand they have a once in a lifetime QB and they try to improve the team around him constantly. (Rodgers is only getting older) For instance, signing Revis, Amendola, Talib, Jabaal Sheard or Trading for Akeem Ayers, Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Albert Haynesworth. Some of these moves may have been busts, but who cares if it was for a late round pick, which rarely pans out. Half the time the team finds better undrafted players than the late picks anyways. TT values 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks way too much and it causes the Pack to miss out on talented players who can contribute when it counts most in the playoffs. At one point in time, TT could have had Lynch for a 3rd round pick from the Bills…. a 3rd pick. Instead he wastes those picks on players like Khyri Thornton… Are u kidding me? And don’t give me that crap that it will hurt the cap to do that when the Packers have more than enough cap space. Don’t get me wrong, I think the draft and develop philosophy is great, but free agent pick ups and trades need to happen occasionally because not all picks pan out (i.e. Harrell, Carrol, Thronton, Worthy, Alex Green, Datone Jones, Davante Adams, Carl Bradford)….I think John Schneider needs to come home to Green Bay… that rumor about a clause in his contract to come to GB if the GM spot is open could be true. He is much more like Ron Wolf who wasn't afraid to make a move to get a few big name free agents or players in a trade and look what it did for the Pack then! Out with the old, in with the new I say! Go Pack! Beat the Cardinals!
10/4 Time for TT to move on, A- Rod is getting older.
WE need to win Super Bowls NOW!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10/4 Time for TT to move on, A- Rod is getting older.
WE need to win Super Bowls NOW!

Yet another fan ignoring Rodgers recent playoff performances in order to blame only TT.

We may have had another Super
Bowl had Rodgers been playing at his MVP level throughout the last two playoff loses.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet another fan ignoring Rodgers recent playoff performances in order to blame only TT.

Bowl had Rodgers been playing at his MVP level throughout the last two playoff loses.
People bring this up but fail to mention that the two teams that put us out (Arizona and Seattle) obliterated us in the regular season. So we lose two times to the same team-once by blowout and the next by them cramming it down our throats at the very end-and we're supposed to believe we are just as good as them?

Not to mention other top teams like Carolina and Denver clearly looking superior against us as well. Looking at a larger sample size rather than just one game gives the clear picture that there are other teams with better talent, coaching, or both.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People bring this up but fail to mention that the two teams that put us out (Arizona and Seattle) obliterated us in the regular season. So we lose two times to the same team-once by blowout and the next by them cramming it down our throats at the very end-and we're supposed to believe we are just as good as them?

Not to mention other top teams like Carolina and Denver clearly looking superior against us as well. Looking at a larger sample size rather than just one game gives the clear picture that there are other teams with better talent, coaching, or both.

I'm not denying other aspects cannot be improved.

All my point was is that it makes zero sense to say something along the lines of
"Rodgers is getting old" or "TT is wasting Rodgers career" when Rodgers not playing well in the playoffs has been a significant part of not getting another Super Bowl.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not denying other aspects cannot be improved.

All my point was is that it makes zero sense to say something along the lines of
"Rodgers is getting old" or "TT is wasting Rodgers career" when Rodgers not playing well in the playoffs has been a significant part of not getting another Super Bowl.
Rodgers was injured yet still a significant factor in the games before. You want your team to play a perfect game, and if they did they could beat anyone. But I'd rather have a more talented team so that we don't have to rely on him playing at a level that is tough against the best defenses with a supporting cast that hasn't really proven to be effective in these situations.

And Palmer and Wilson were worse than Rodgers, even horrible at times, yet their teams stepped up and they won the games. The defense did this in 2010 against the Bears, but never since. They did in Arizona and Seattle as well, but they couldn't finish the job. We need a team that can.

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've stated the things that I disagree with Thompson about. I do tend to trust him in regards to player evaluations. He knows much more about that than myself or any poster in here. He and Ball have all the inside info and both have earned my trust and admiration for the job they do.
I'm not holding my breath on any free agent moves. Don't see pack macking any moves. Waiting on draft

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think R Rodgers will do fine once Nelson is back along with our full compliment of receivers

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think R Rodgers will do fine once Nelson is back along with our full compliment of receivers
If he gains a few steps. We don't need a boat anchor out there while Nelson is jammed up, Cobb and Adams can't get open again, and Rodgers is being pressured.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all are still complaining about Aaron Rodgers? Just stop it. He is the best QB on the planet. The best since Dan Marino. Just stop it, please. lol

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No complaints about Aaron. I think he's the most accurate Passer I've ever seen

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he gains a few steps. We don't need a boat anchor out there while Nelson is jammed up, Cobb and Adams can't get open again, and Rodgers is being pressured.
R Rodgers as a boat anchor. Great Description! That's exactly what he is. And he was a 3rd round draft pick. Good grief. It wouldn't be so bad but when you gamble and put all of your eggs in a single basket you can't afford to waste a 3rd round pick. That's how you waste a HOF QB career.

D

Deleted member 6794

The main reason I would like to add a tight end capable of stretching a defense is that it opens up short to intermediate passing lanes as well as the running game. While I expect the receivers to significantly improve their play with Nelson returning having a more athletic TE would simplify their job.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was hurt in the 2014 playoff and should not have played !

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted does nothing to improve this roster anytime Ted is not a 12 month a year GM this guy needed to be fired 2 years ago but all you crybabies on this forum said he was so good not many in the Front Office agree with you including the HC !

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main reason I would like to add a tight end capable of stretching a defense is that it opens up short to intermediate passing lanes as well as the running game. While I expect the receivers to significantly improve their play with Nelson returning having a more athletic TE would simplify their job.
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO WE NEED A GM WHO IMPROVES THE EOSTER 12 MONTHS A YEAR AND TED IS NOT THE GUY !

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted does nothing to improve this roster anytime Ted is not a 12 month a year GM this guy needed to be fired 2 years ago but all you crybabies on this forum said he was so good not many in the Front Office agree with you including the HC !

You know the drunk guy at the bar watching the game with glazed eyes sipping on his mug of beer and occassionally yelling something unintelligible at the screen or on better days being able to be understood as he screams 'Fire him!!' or 'Put Tolzien in!!'

That is so you to a tee.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So glad to hear the front office takes its cue from this forum. Maybe you can provide cites for that and we can get robdog to put it on the home page or into the banner at the top.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Pot? This is Kettle; you're black."

Members online

No members online now.