When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jared Cook would make the team better. Only he's not being signed by the Packers. Karlos Dansby is a waste of time, there is no future there. If a team like the Browns moves on from you, there is something wrong, and it's not a cap space decision. James Starks does his job, but not overwhelmingly well? He can be replaced with, well anyone. But TT does not give anyone else a chance. It is not patience people, it's that there is nobody left that will make the Packers better. There is a short window in FA where a team can truly make some sort of impact to their roster. I think you people drank the TT kool aid. We have the best QB in the NFL and we have only seen one Super Bowl with him. Why is that?

Where did Cook sign?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
there is nobody left that will make the Packers better. There is a short window in FA where a team can truly make some sort of impact to their roster.

So Owen Daniels, who you just said was key to the Broncos winning a SB and you feel is an upgrade over RR, is nobody? Because he is still available.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jared Cook would make the team better. Only he's not being signed by the Packers. Karlos Dansby is a waste of time, there is no future there. If a team like the Browns moves on from you, there is something wrong, and it's not a cap space decision. James Starks does his job, but not overwhelmingly well? He can be replaced with, well anyone. But TT does not give anyone else a chance. It is not patience people, it's that there is nobody left that will make the Packers better. There is a short window in FA where a team can truly make some sort of impact to their roster. I think you people drank the TT kool aid. We have the best QB in the NFL and we have only seen one Super Bowl with him. Why is that?
I'd say it's for 2 reasons, #1 is they are incredibly difficult to get to, let alone win. The competition from week to week in this league is awesome. and #2, we're our own worst enemy and definitely choked at least one opportunity away that easily could have, and I'd argue "should have" been another Super Bowl win, which also would have taken away the Patriots latest Super Bowl. I think we matched up very well against them that year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If every NFL Organization fired their GM for the same lack of success that TT has had.....oh wait a minute.....let me count those organizations.... :coffee:

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno why the argument. For better or worse Ted is a known quantity. ..I will never understand why every March Packer fans speculate as to this or that free agent. It's not happening.

When Ted drafted AR he bought himself and his rigid approach a cushion for the next 15 years. ..with Rodgers the Packers should be a playoff team every year. Ted won't be going anywhere until he chooses to or until AR is done in Green Bay ...so what's the point of getting upset about it?

This is the reality in Green Bay. Hey I wish TT would tinker a bit with the other means of acquiring players that are available to him, but it could be a lot worse. I live in western New York where the Bills haven't ever won a Super Bowl and have generally sucked for the last 20 years.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno why the argument. For better or worse Ted is a known quantity. ..I will never understand why every March Packer fans speculate as to this or that free agent. It's not happening.

When Ted drafted AR he bought himself and his rigid approach a cushion for the next 15 years. ..with Rodgers the Packers should be a playoff team every year. Ted won't be going anywhere until he chooses to or until AR is done in Green Bay ...so what's the point of getting upset about it?

This is the reality in Green Bay. Hey I wish TT would tinker a bit with the other means of acquiring players that are available to him, but it could be a lot worse. I live in western New York where the Bills haven't ever won a Super Bowl and have generally sucked for the last 20 years.
Most teams with a QB like that would get him help. But he's been thrown around like a rag doll and is injured each year as a result, and he had possibly the worst WR/TE corp. In the league last year.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season the Broncos won the Super Bowl with terrible QB play by Manning. In addition the Vikings won the division with Bridgewater playing at a mediocre level at best. The Texans made the playoffs with Hoyer, Mallett, Yates and Weeden starting for them. Roethlisberger and Smith didn't have a great season last year either.

In addition the Seahawks, Ravens and Giants all have won Super Bowls in the last five years without elite QB play.

This post perfectly sums up the ridiculous attitude of the Thompson can't do wrong crowd. Within the last few days I haven't seen anybody mention a word about the Packers being in danger of not making the playoffs in 2016. It will be awfully tough to win the Super Bowl with positions of need not being adequately addressed though.

Just like the Packers aren't anything special without Rodgers.

I think that Thompson is deeply invested in scouting college players and spends more time than any other general manager on doing so. But on the other hand he doesn't care that much about evaluating free agent talent.

That's why I'm convinced he's best suited to be an awesome director of college scouting but not an NFL general manager.

The Packers suffered the ninth fewest adjusted games lost last season. There's no rwason to use injuries as an excuse for the Packers struggles in 2015.

Rodgers' stats during the first six games:

124-of-182 (68.13%), 1,491 yards (8.19 YPA), 15 TD, 2 INT, 115.9 rating

Rodgers' stats the rest of the season, including playoffs:

268-of-470 (57.02%), 2,801 yards (5.96 YPA), 20 TD, 7 INT, 82.4 rating

Not surprisingly the Packers went 6-0 during the first six games while losing seven of 12 the rest of the way. If Rodgers had played mediocre the entire season the team wouldn't have made the playoffs.

I don't think you saw Flacco or Eli play during their Super Bowl winning seasons. They may not be elite QBs all the time, but they sure were during their Super Bowl runs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you saw Flacco or Eli play during their Super Bowl winning seasons. They may not be elite QBs all the time, but they sure were during their Super Bowl runs.
Not to mention WRs making never before seen in the league type catches. Those never hurt either

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with your stance on Dansby I sure hope your not willing to complain about not going after Green. I mean the Chargers choose a guy a breath away from hanging up his cleats over him so if your going to be consistent you should be absolutely thrilled we didn't go after him.

Also the Patriots also had arguably the best QB in the league for a decade without winning a SB. Why do you think that is? Because it's extremely difficult and requires a splash of luck at the right time maybe?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most teams with a QB like that would get him help. But he's been thrown around like a rag doll and is injured each year as a result, and he had possibly the worst WR/TE corp. In the league last year.

Well there's the case study of the Saints. How they made a couple pushes in order to get Brees some immediate help on both sides of the ball, (be honest how many people said we NEEDED to go after Byrd?),and in the end were forced to part ways with their star TE when Brees only has a year or two left with just one SB to show for it but little hope at another at this point before their HoF QB hangs it up.

Offensively there's more than enough talent on offense, just so happened pretty much everyone(Rodgers included) had possibly the worst seasons they'll ever have in their careers, but if they bounce back to pair with the defense that played last year it won't be a lack of talent that keeps them out of the big game

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also the Patriots also had arguably the best QB in the league for a decade without winning a SB. Why do you think that is? Because it's extremely difficult and requires a splash of luck at the right time maybe?

In the NFL, lose-and-leave certainly means some luck factors in. The Packers' 2010 had a lot of that. A point, perhaps, on the Pats is that they were at least IN two SB over their Lombardi-less run (and lost both of those by...incredibly lucky catches by Giants receivers :)).

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB has more talent than Denver? The team that just won a championship with statistically the worst QB ever in a SB? Dallas and Buffalo are in the top 5, as well. As reputable as Cheetsheat.com sounds, you really have to question their credibility.

I know my question was pretty broad and pertained to anybody who considered them the most talented, but we are all intelligent beings. You knew what I meant.
Short memory. Before the season, Green Bay was the popular Superbowl pick. That was when this was written and what I had stated regarding opinions on team talent level.

There are a few teams that have a legitamate shot at a SB each year. Some have a few players emerge, they get hot, a few lucky bounces, and they win it.

TT has the Packers in that position for the last 5 or 6 years. Thats pretty damn good.

Let's not pretend, by the way, that Panthers had a bad defense. They made a lot of QBs look bad.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short memory. Before the season, Green Bay was the popular Superbowl pick. That was when this was written and what I had stated regarding opinions on team talent level.

There are a few teams that have a legitamate shot at a SB each year. Some have a few players emerge, they get hot, a few lucky bounces, and they win it.

TT has the Packers in that position for the last 5 or 6 years. Thats pretty damn good.

Let's not pretend, by the way, that Panthers had a bad defense. They made a lot of QBs look bad.
They are in that position for no reason other than Rodgers. Even then, the defense isn't good enough. Don't even bring up the playoffs, because the defense s*** the bed each of the last 3 playoff games and got their brains beaten in the 2 before that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are in that position for no reason other than Rodgers. Even then, the defense isn't good enough. Don't even bring up the playoffs, because the defense s*** the bed each of the last 3 playoff games and got their brains beaten in the 2 before that.
There were other QBs last season playing on par with Rodgers. Brady, Rothlesburger, Cam, and Russel for sure. Maybe a Manning or two. Why do you think the Packers were a SB favorite only because of AR? Cant we conclude his supporting cast was considered better than those ofher teams featuring similar QBs?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were other QBs last season playing on par with Rodgers. Brady, Rothlesburger, Cam, and Russel for sure. Maybe a Manning or two. Why do you think the Packers were a SB favorite only because of AR? Cant we conclude his supporting cast was considered better than those ofher teams featuring similar QBs?
They were a SB favorite because of his performances over the past 7-8 years, and the rest of his team doesn't totally suck.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who cares about being considered one of the preseason favourites to win the Super Bowl??? We didn't get it done, that's the only thing that matters.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That right there in bold is the truth. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB that ever played the game after Dan Marino. Let's get him another ring next season.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares about being considered one of the preseason favourites to win the Super Bowl??? We didn't get it done, that's the only thing that matters.
That doesn't matter. The point is that TT has them in position to win each year. Which equates to one division championship appearance every 5 years.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amish, while I see your point, every writer/pre season prognostication having GB as a SB favorite says to the effect" as long as they have Rodgers, the Packers are contenders".

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As if winning a SB was as easy as a decision.

So would you prefer to not be a SB favorite? There are 31 other teams, GMs, players etc who have dedicated their lives to winning a SB. You act like TT has the option of just signing a FA or two and the Lombardi will be handed to them. It is not easy. It is very difficult to maintain a high level of talent to keep em in contention.

Saying AR is the only reason is silly. Again, there are other QBs who are playing at a similar level to AR. Why are the Packers favorites?

I guess the grass is always browner on our side of the fwnce for some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts