When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amish, prior to last year's performance, who were the other QBs at AR's level, and what where their SB chances?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

As if winning a SB was as easy as a decision.

So would you prefer to not be a SB favorite? There are 31 other teams, GMs, players etc who have dedicated their lives to winning a SB. You act like TT has the option of just signing a FA or two and the Lombardi will be handed to them. It is not easy. It is very difficult to maintain a high level of talent to keep em in contention.

That wasn't my point though. I'm well aware that it's awfully tough to win a Super Bowl. I don't care about experts predicting the Packers to win the Super Bowl though as it doesn't mean anything once the season starts.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't matter. The point is that TT has them in position to win each year. Which equates to one division championship appearance every 5 years.
Not sure what thats about but I will say this.

We are always in the playoffs... What ever Ted is doing gets us to the dance.

I would rather be in the dance every year then spend like crazy and still not be guaranteed to win SB...

Then it all blows up and you have to start over..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Amish, while I see your point, every writer/pre season prognostication having GB as a SB favorite says to the effect" as long as they have Rodgers, the Packers are contenders".
They said same about Brett..

If you have a stud QB, there should always be a chance your offense scores enough to win..

On some sort of level, Couldn't you say the same about Viks and Adrian

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what thats about but I will say this.

We are always in the playoffs... What ever Ted is doing gets us to the dance.

I would rather be in the dance every year then spend like crazy and still not be guaranteed to win SB...

Then it all blows up and you have to start over..

Yeah I can agree with the overspending part, but overspending on your own free agents is a thing too, seems like that's what tt has been doing this offseason, and I'm generally in the tt can do no wrong camp,but he's either got something up his sleeve or has made what I consider poor decisions so far.

Over the whole, franchises like jags and Browns and raiders have to overpay to aquire talent, but if you look at recent Super Bowl winners or successful teams, they're making moves too. Broncos are big spenders usually, Patriots seem to nab a key free agent or two every offseason, as have the cards.

Just usually the teams that draft better have less holes so less of a need to spend in free agency, but other teams don't seem as opposed to filling needs with free agents as us. I'm not even talking about signing Von Miller or anything crazy.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need a little more info on this comparison of the Vikings and Patterson. Don't see the connection at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Need a little more info on this comparison of the Vikings and Patterson. Don't see the connection at all.
As long as pack have Rodgers they have a chance to win.

As long as Vikings have Petterson they have a chance to win.

You don't agree.?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They said same about Brett..

If you have a stud QB, there should always be a chance your offense scores enough to win..

On some sort of level, Couldn't you say the same about Viks and Patterson?

Sure. Again, though, this isn't me speaking, just pointing out what I read most often on the subject from writers predictions, Vegas, etc..

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh. First, you said Patterson, and I couldn't figure out how a WR was going to put them in the playoffs every year. Different discussion with Peterson, of course, but I'd say definitely No. When league-leading RBs are now routinely let go, and when Peterson's Vikings have only been in the playoffs 1/2 the time, I find it hard to accept the contention.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh. First, you said Patterson, and I couldn't figure out how a WR was going to put them in the playoffs every year. Different discussion with Peterson, of course, but I'd say definitely No. When league-leading RBs are now routinely let go, and when Peterson's Vikings have only been in the playoffs 1/2 the time, I find it hard to accept the contention.
.. Sorry for confusion..

I guess I'm falling back to how we heard packers go as far as Brett takes them... I think media said that more about Brett than saying it with Rodgers.

Thats why I put disclaimer of "on some level" you could say same about Adrian and Viks..

I was more or less talking about winning in general

But no biggie if you don't agree... shoulder surgery and pain pills is my excuse this time

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't my point though. I'm well aware that it's awfully tough to win a Super Bowl. I don't care about experts predicting the Packers to win the Super Bowl though as it doesn't mean anything once the season starts.
No ****.

Would you prefer the experts think the Packers dont have a chance?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That right there in bold is the truth. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB that ever played the game after Dan Marino. Let's get him another ring next season.

They are in that position for no reason other than Rodgers. Even then, the defense isn't good enough. Don't even bring up the playoffs, because the defense s*** the bed each of the last 3 playoff games and got their brains beaten in the 2 before that.

Rodgers hasn't been good in the playoffs recently either.

No reason to ignore that and put the blame anything but him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They are in that position for no reason other than Rodgers. Even then, the defense isn't good enough. Don't even bring up the playoffs, because the defense s*** the bed each of the last 3 playoff games and got their brains beaten in the 2 before that.
With Rodgers playing poorly last year, it was the defense that allowed the team to make the playoffs

Last three and the two..

Arizona, Washington, Seattle-,Def did poop bed last mins vs Seattle and Arizona.. ... But why not sure how poor Rodgers played?

Dallas, Frisco--Def for sure didn't get brains beaten in.. No offense vs frisco

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were other QBs last season playing on par with Rodgers. Brady, Rothlesburger, Cam, and Russel for sure. Maybe a Manning or two. Why do you think the Packers were a SB favorite only because of AR? Cant we conclude his supporting cast was considered better than those ofher teams featuring similar QBs?

You're absolutely correct that there were plenty of other QBs on the same level as Rodgers last season. Rodgers not being his normal excellent self was a big part of the Packers' struggles last season. Take a 2014 Rodgers (not in the NFC Championship Rodgers who struggled again in a big game) and last season's team is MUCH better.

For some reason though, some fans like to ignore that and place all blame on TT for not having a better supporting cast instead.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, the point where I draw the line and would wash my hands of TT would be.....

if he resigns Don Barclay. That, brothers and sisters, would be a bridge too far for me.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"General manager Ted Thompson has deserved the benefit of the doubt for years now, and given how deep the Packers perennially are, there isn't really much that would even qualify for their shopping list."

So we are deep, despite not having WRs who could get open when 1 or 2 went down, and couldn't protect Rodgers when 1 or 2 linemen went down. And there were plenty of ILBs and TEs, but this guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about because he's mentioning CB as one of their biggest needs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriotplayer90 said:
but this guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about because he's mentioning CB as one of their biggest needs.

He didn't say that? From the link

Brandon Boykin could make sense as a buy-low slot cornerback with Hayward leaving for the Chargers

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as pack have Rodgers they have a chance to win.

As long as Vikings have Petterson they have a chance to win.

You don't agree.?

Not really, because the importance of a franchise QB and franchise RB are on totally different levels in today's NFL.

If Rodgers plays at his top level (MVP), the Packers can compete in spite of anything else. If Peterson plays at his top level (MVP), it helps the Vikings, but they still need other things to go right to compete.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really, because the importance of a franchise QB and franchise RB are on totally different levels in today's NFL.

If Rodgers plays at his top level (MVP), the Packers can compete in spite of anything else. If Peterson plays at his top level (MVP), it helps the Vikings, but they still need other things to go right to compete.
And you don't need other things to work right if you have a top QB? How's that going for the Saints last few seasons.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is good, but this myth that we win solely because of him is getting old, just like it got old with Brett. None of these guys does it alone, not a single freakin one.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you don't need other things to work right if you have a top QB? How's that going for the Saints last few seasons.

Drew Brees isn't Aaron Rodgers. Not at this point of his career, anyway. Just too many turnovers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to stop wasting Rodgers career because it's clearly TT's fault somehow that Rodgers has been playing poorly come playoff time...

The Packers could have another title or two had Rodgers played like his MVP self in more playoff games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts