Ranking the Packer Improvements for 2024 season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Also as bad as we’ve been, which is borderline horrendous…..our 2 teams have gone to the same number of SuperBowls since 85’ and y’all won both of yours.
Since 1990 (the date I used for reference) the Bears are 254-293. In that same time period, the Packers are 333-212-2. Talk Super Bowls all you want, I know that the 1985 one meant the world to Bear fans and still does, but I will take being a Packer fan over the last 34+ years any day!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Eh to be fair I think this group is typically a more common sense or realistic group as a whole
Until the expected (by some of us) happens. ;)

That live chatroom used to be pretty entertaining during a Packer game. Sometimes you would have thought that the Packers lost the game, even before the coin ever hit the ground!

Reaction score
Until the expected (by some of us) happens. ;)

That live chatroom used to be pretty entertaining during a Packer game. Sometimes you would have thought that the Packers lost the game, even before the coin ever hit the ground!
Tyni said as a whole. The missing link is largely the live game thread! :laugh:

I must admit. The live game thread is a wonderful place to let off some steam when we screw up through various forms of projected degradations towards others. It’s one of the few times you get to feel good hurling insults at each other!

Ok. In all seriousness though, I go there partly for cooking tips from @Big L :)

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol yeah and Robert Horry is one of the greatest basketball players ever because he has more rings than many…measuring how good teams have been in the same span merely by the number of SBs is avoiding the truth.
Don’t y’all refer to yourself as Titletown? Kind of takes away from your argument.
Titles are why we do this.
Anything less is an L. Your claim to fame in the last 25 years is that you have completely obliterated Da Bears. So have a lot of other teams. We have failed bc we haven’t ever been able to get the QB right. I think we have now. The Bears have been real bad since the Urlacher crew rode off into the sunset bet now.. new sheriff in town.

Don’t think for a sec that I didn’t know y’all passed us recently for all time wins but I believe that record too….is coming home.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I welcome the competition in the North from Chicago or anyone else. Someone will regress you can’t have 4 dominant teams. Like GB, I still think it takes some momentum for a 7-10 team like Chicago to get going.

As far as our improvements? I think at least on paper GB has a broader group of athletes with a propensity to rise. We just drafted 5 players in the top #91 from college, plus a literal plethora of 2nd and 3rd year athletes in system. For me that cumulative GB Packer Roster gets the nod on more growth, at minimum in the NORTH. I’d venture an estimate that our growth will be better than at least 25-30 other teams. We’re talking 2024 season here. Chicago might catch us a little by 2025-2026 as those WR emerge.

IF and I do mean IF. IF the 2024 class realizes potential similar to 2023 draft class? If we can say next year this years draft grouping grades out at B+ or better? The Packers are just going to be laden with depth. We all know that the playoffs depend on great depth. We’ve addressed strong depth pieces at nearly every position.
5 players in top 91. O.K.
We got 2 in the top 9, 3 in top 75 and best punter in the league(y’all will see).
Most teams get 3 of the top 90 so not that big of a deal.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since 1990 (the date I used for reference) the Bears are 254-293. In that same time period, the Packers are 333-212-2. Talk Super Bowls all you want, I know that the 1985 one meant the world to Bear fans and still does, but I will take being a Packer fan over the last 34+ years any day!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I live in Garrard county KY. Damn right I’m a redneck

Reaction score
We got 2 in the top 9, 3 in top 75 and best punter in the league(y’all will see).
Most teams get 3 of the top 90 so not that big of a deal.

I just 100% disagree with that philosophy. I think pipelining multiple selections is a better philosophy and it’s obviously worked much better also for us.

This isn't personal, but it’s like you’re banking on a Punter to save the Day across Day3. Here’s just one of several similar takes on Tory Taylor (5.90 NFL draft grade) So it’s not just me either. He was a consensus 5th Round prospect reached on in Rd4.
(f/ BNBFOOTBALL)
While the leg strength is great for Taylor, who averaged over 45 yards per punt, he needs much better placement and still needs to prove he can avoid touchbacks. 19 touchbacks over the past two years is by far the most in CFB over that stretch, and that won’t fly in the NFL.

Now I understand standing pat in Rd1 though with Caleb and Odunze. Past that You’ll suffer when you rely on just 3 players across 6 Rounds to fill holes that constantly pop up. Dismissing that after Chicago had a lackluster 2023 draft (in retrospect) should be a relative concern imo.

Btw. The Packers drafted 10 players to your 3 players in RDs 2,3,4,5,6,7. Relying on a Punter to save the Day across Day3 tells me all I need to know.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t y’all refer to yourself as Titletown? Kind of takes away from your argument.
Titles are why we do this.
Anything less is an L. Your claim to fame in the last 25 years is that you have completely obliterated Da Bears. So have a lot of other teams. We have failed bc we haven’t ever been able to get the QB right. I think we have now. The Bears have been real bad since the Urlacher crew rode off into the sunset bet now.. new sheriff in town.

Don’t think for a sec that I didn’t know y’all passed us recently for all time wins but I believe that record too….is coming home.

Actually I made zero claims, only stated the shortcomings of saying the Bears and Packers have been equals during the time frame you stated.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. I’ll be watching to see how much better he is than the next Top NFL Punter. For a quick example Ryan Stonehouse was pretty much NFL Tops last year in 2023 and 2nd team All Pro in 2022. His cost? Literally undrafted

I’m not saying he’s not a great Punter. But for a Top 120 selection he needs be All Pro on a pretty regular clip imo
It’s all good. We’re all going to get a hell of a sneak preview since hard knocks is gonna feature the Bears through the whole preseason.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I made zero claims, only stated the shortcomings of saying the Bears and Packers have been equals during the time frame you stated.
I understand, but, the Jaguars have probably won more games than da Bears during this time frame and I’ll always consider them not even second tier, but a third tier NFL franchise that shouldn’t even be uttered in the same breath as my Chicago Bears.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just 100% disagree with that philosophy. If you wanted a Punter maybe I could’ve seen trading back to the back some some and grabbing a few players and still likely would’ve gotten him. I think pipelining multiple selections is a better philosophy and it’s obviously worked much better than you guys overpaying for players to somehow feel relevant. This isn't personal, it’s just one of several similar takes on Taylor. So it’s not just me either. He was a consensus 5th Round prospect reached on in Rd4. Great inside the 20 with too many TB His longest career Punt is 70 yards. Let’s put that into perspective at the Pro Level context. Tory Taylor’s longest career Punt would’ve ranked tied for 13th in the NFL just last season. Remember, Thats his career long now so it’s a pretty good sample. He needs to Punt 89 yards just to crack 1st place in Long Punt just last season
(f/ BNBFOOTBALL)
While the leg strength is great for Taylor, who averaged over 45 yards per punt, he needs much better placement and still needs to prove he can avoid touchbacks. 19 touchbacks over the past two years is by far the most in CFB over that stretch, and that won’t fly in the NFL.

When you only have 5 selections you shouldn’t reach at all. I understand standing pat in Rd1 though. Past that You’ll suffer when you rely on just 3 players across 6 Rounds to fill holes that constantly pop up. Btw? The Packers drafted 10 players to your 3 players in Rounds 2,3,4,5,6,7.
Quality over quantity. I like our Punter for the control he displayed. Distance isn’t everything and he can kick it plenty. John Daley could out drive Tiger every hole but it doesn’t mean he’d win every hole.

Reaction score
Quality over quantity. I like our Punter for the control he displayed. Distance isn’t everything and he can kick it plenty. John Daley could out drive Tiger every hole but it doesn’t mean he’d win every hole.
Well it’s true it’s hard not to get good players when you luck out with a #1 overall.
Although looking at the Bears last draft season? If C is a middle of the Road Draft grade scale? Chicago had a C draft at best in 2023 and I’m being kind on that report card. Objectively I think most people would grade the Packers 2023 draft around a B+/A-area grouping in retrospect.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jeez, you and that punter. What is he, your kid brother?

Have you bought his jersey yet?

Every time I see you jumping up and down about drafting the next Ray Guy, I'm reminded of the Alexander Pope phrase, "to be damned with faint praise."

I live in Garrard county KY. Damn right I’m a redneck

You're kidding! I'm driving past your freakin' house in a few hours taking my wife to a doctor in Lexington!

She often has to stop and take a **** on the way up or back, because she has trouble staying hydrated and maintaining fluid levels. I'll look for the house with the Bears memorabilia in the yard. Can you leave some paper towels out? :p

It’s all good. We’re all going to get a hell of a sneak preview since hard knocks is gonna feature the Bears through the whole preseason.

And like every other team in the NFL, I'm sure the Packers are looking foward to the detailed glimpse into how the Bears are preparing for the season, which players are disgruntled, which players aren't getting along with which other players, etc.

Most teams are not anywhere near as thrilled about being on Hard Knocks as you seem to be. There are some pretty good reasons for that.

My guy founded “This Thing of Ours”
Mmmm...

What?

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will never know what would have happened if they make the double **** field goal against Philly in the playoffs.

Other than that the only qb move that matters is the last one.

Also as bad as we’ve been, which is borderline horrendous…..our 2 teams have gone to the same number of SuperBowls since 85’ and y’all won both of yours.

Jordan love does seem to be a good quarterback, but he’s gonna have to get that cross field interception down pat for any future NFC championship game where, like his predecessors, he can hopefully choke away victory for many many years.
Chicago has been to 3 Super Bowls since 85?

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it’s true it’s hard not to get good players when you luck out with a #1 overall.
Although looking at the Bears last draft season? If C-/C is a middle of the Road Draft grade scale? Chicago had a C draft in 2023 and I’m being kind on that report card. Objectively I think most people would grade the Packers 2023 draft around a B/B+ area on a C scale. We actually had a really good draft even for us, I was even surprised.

Every time I see you jumping up and down about drafting the next Ray Guy, I'm reminded of the Alexander Pope phrase, "to be damned with faint praise."

You're kidding! I'm driving past your freakin' house in a few hours taking my wife to a doctor in Lexington!

She often has to stop and take a **** on the way up or back, because she has trouble staying hydrated and maintaining fluid levels. I'll look for the house with the Bears memorabilia in the yard. Can you leave some paper towels out? :p

And like every other team in the NFL, I'm sure the Packers are looking foward to the detailed glimpse into how the Bears are preparing for the season, which players are disgruntled, which players aren't getting along with which other players, etc.

Most teams are not anywhere near as thrilled about being on Hard Knocks as you seem to be. There are some pretty good reasons for that.

Mmmm...

What?
Wow what a coincidence. I hope it’s just a check up on your wife and not too serious to cause the Dr’s visit.
For real though, my pops is a retired neurosurgeon as of 2 yrs ago but was one of the best spine surgeons in the country(of course I’m biased). I know how quickly what seems like a minor issue can become a major health crisis so again I really hope and pray your wife is good and it’s nothing major.

Reaction score
I forgot the loss to Denver. Ok…..so we gotta win da Super Bowl and take back win total record too. Just this year that much more exciting.
I think I’ll stand by what I say. Chicagos first step is to surpass .500
This won’t be any easy task with a brand new change at QB and facing playoff caliber teams in Detroit and GB 4X

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mmmm...

What?
And in reference to this “thing of ours” it was a play on words not meaning the mafia but the NFL as a league and organization. My guy George “Papa Bear” Halas was pretty much the driving force behind forming what is now the NFL as we know it. Without my guy, this thing(NFL) maybe doesn’t make it out of the 20’s and 30’s.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know how quickly what seems like a minor issue can become a major health crisis so again I really hope and pray your wife is good and it’s nothing major.
Thanks; I know you sincerely mean that, and I really appreciate it. But I'm afraid it's been pretty major for over 20 years; we just try to do what we can. She's absolutely the toughest human being I've ever met in my life, which somehow seems to make it much easier. Over time, it just becomes normalized, and you adjust. I've known her 20 years, and she's never, ever felt sorry for herself, not a single moment.

As it happened, we skipped the Nicholasville traffic on this 100-degree day, and took 127 up to the BGP and snuck up behind 'em on Versailles. So you could take the paper towels back indoors anytime; sorry to put you to the trouble.

I understand, but, the Jaguars have probably won more games than da Bears during this time frame and I’ll always consider them not even second tier, but a third tier NFL franchise that shouldn’t even be uttered in the same breath as my Chicago Bears.
No, your Bears have won 211 games since Jacksonville joined the league in 95, while the Jags have won 198.

Going back 30 yeears, Chicago has a winning percentage of .464 - 20th in the league, bottom 3rd. Green Bay? Just an inch or two ahead of the Pittsburghs, at .632. Best record in the NFL over the last 30 years.

I feel really proud of our consistency, and proud that we were able to find our way through the 70s and 80s and restore our team to our traditional legacy.

And in reference to this “thing of ours” it was a play on words not meaning the mafia but the NFL as a league and organization. My guy George “Papa Bear” Halas was pretty much the driving force behind forming what is now the NFL as we know it.
Ah, got it. Yeah, it's a good play on words, just sailed high over my pointy little head.

Without my guy, this thing(NFL) maybe doesn’t make it out of the 20’s and 30’s.
You could probably make a similar case for either Halas or Curly Lambeau, and justify either one. Between the two of them, they both played huge roles in creating what would become our NFL, and if you take either one of the two out of the mix, the league might have failed. A national football league of some sort would have still come to pass at some point in time, but it would have had a very different history.

But in all honesty, I think that if you have to pick one, Halas is the man. He made the league popular with the public, with his revolutionary innovations and genius for promotion. I don't care how legendary he is, he probably still doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. Bone fide genius.

That's why even though I like to needle the Bears, I respect and admire the history of the franchise and our rivalry. Part of me doesn't want to see your team get stronger, but part of me knows it's a good thing for the game and for Green Bay - because the harder a great team is pushed up from below, the higher it rises.

Seeing your team circle back to your legendary tradition would be good thing to see. The North is going to be a dog fight for the next several years; first time in my memory there's not a single weak team in the bunch. After so many years of being one of the weakest divisions in the league (and often the weakest), we're now in a division that's certainly upper half - 4th best, maybe even Top 3, and the 2nd best in the NFC (after the West). That's going to make it a little tougher in the seedings every year, but we'll be a better team in the end.

Speaking of Halas, do you know why the Bears were named the Bears? Halas decided that bears are bigger and tougher than cubs, so the Chicago football team needed to be Bears.

Last edited: