Packers Official Schedule For 2024

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember the last time they hosted a Thanksgiving game. Maybe never. There used to be only two games, one in Detroit and one in Dallas. Anyway, that will be fun - assuming I'm not asleep.
PSST!! post #33 in this thread. I responded to you with the answer 2 months ago.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PSST!! post #33 in this thread. I responded to you with the answer 2 months ago.
Actually you responded to rmontro. But you responded to me too on another question, so I either didn't read your response to rmontro, or more likely, just forgot. Getting old isn't for sissies.

I do remember that game though, well I remember the Favre ceremony, and the weather was truly awful, typical of November. Wasn't Bart Starr at the half-time ceremony honoring Favre? I thought he was there. They brought him out to mid-field on a golf cart I think and he gave Favre a hug. I just don't remember it being a Thanksgiving game.

Anyway, thanks for the history lesson. I would have sworn the Packers never hosted a Thanksgiving game, much less one as recent as 2015.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember it vividly, as it was the last time that I got to watch a Packers game with my parents in Milwaukee. What a terrible butt-whooping the Packers took that night. My buddy who has season tickets was at the game. While we were at the 2007 playoff game together against the Giants and many other cold games (sorry, wasn't alive for the Ice Bowl), he said that Thanksgiving game was the coldest he has ever been at a Packers game. He said that everyone was soaked and then it was cold and windy. Dry and cold is definitely different than wet and cold!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember it vividly, as it was the last time that I got to watch a Packers game with my parents in Milwaukee. What a terrible butt-whooping the Packers took that night. My buddy who has season tickets was at the game. While we were at the 2007 playoff game together against the Giants and many other cold games (sorry, wasn't alive for the Ice Bowl), he said that Thanksgiving game was the coldest he has ever been at a Packers game. He said that everyone was soaked and then it was cold and windy. Dry and cold is definitely different than wet and cold!
In any of those you hope you do not get sick. They all can put a toll on the body.

Reaction score
Ahhh Memories.
The last game I saw in Milwaukee was with my Step Dad and Mom and Step Brother. Upon leaving Milwaukee towards La Crosse, this car pulled up on my StepBrothers side late night and these girls were mooning us!
My Mom was distracted by reading a book or something, but once my Brother n I in the backseat got my Stepdads attention? He kinda nonchalantly paced those girls going down the HWY to get a better look. :cool:I’ll never forget that because he was so unassuming speeding up n slowing down methodically, which I found hilarious. True story! Loved My Stepdad Dave (miss David, he died several years later of Cancer at the ripe young age of 55 yrs old in 1991 literally had shoe boxes of those Camel Coupon Bucks)

Last edited: