Doubs Missing Practice

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to believe that something happened of which we are unaware. I just can’t believe that the known facts point to this outcome. He is not known to be a diva, nor has he really shown the elite talent thus far, that often leads to it. He certainly doesn’t have the power in this situation which makes it even harder to believe he would sabotage his career in this manner.
Agreed. This is about more than snaps and his role in the O IMO. Maybe OS is right and Gluten is fishing for a veteran WR and dangling Doubs as bait - but that's just as unbelievable.

Whatever it is, it looks to be on Doubs. I don't care how good a guy is, when his attitude costs the team he's very close to the edge of a cliff. He gets this week to sort this out. With what I've heard, and mostly don't know, an apology to his teammates and the fas sees in order.

But including me, we're all kinda guessing. All I do know is that the team is much better with Doubs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust has been broken. Doubs has work to do.
Good point. I've gone through life willing to trust people until they give me a reason not to trust them. If the trust is broken, I'm gone.

So yeah, Doubs has a lot of work to do. At a minimum, he let his entire team down, not to mention us.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. I've gone through life willing to trust people until they give me a reason not to trust them. If the trust is broken, I'm gone.

So yeah, Doubs has a lot of work to do. At a minimum, he let his entire team down, not to mention us.
Yeah, don't mention the fans, they are unimportant in this scenario. He let the team and organization down. Could cost him money down the road too.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s actually really fortunate to be drafted by a team with a Top 10 QB and a young team that’s budding. We all have something to be thankful for but especially being part of this young and exciting group.
I try to give him some exception it could be temporary thing. He’s shown to be relatively humble this completely comes out of left field
I said in a post on another site that even though I'm not entirely surprised that something like this happened I was surprised that Doubs was the one. He would have been the last one I would have expected.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly the approach i would’ve used.
I learned a long time ago to go to the Top but state your case of how doing it will improve the chances of Winning. Better follow through with a really good performance though.

One thing to mention about Doubs is his catch % is a pedestrian 12/20 (60%)
Reed has a higher catch % of respective targets with an impressive 17/22 (77.3%)
Wicks not so much, he’s got a very low catch rate thus far as he’s 8/22 (36.4%)

If the game plan centered around Wicks? The only one that would have a legitimate argument would be Reed

Catch percentage is not the whole picture. Love misses a throw the isolated catch percentage is held against the WR.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch percentage is not the whole picture. Love misses a throw the isolated catch percentage is held against the WR.
We had at least 3 crucial drops today. And Love made some bad throws on short balls. In fact the long bomb may have been ill advised. A better secondary picks that one. My frustration on that last drive was very irksome. 2 false starts on 1st down. We could have ran more clock and emptied ALL their timeouts. And then Love pulling it down and throwing a tipped pass. Run the ball. Run the ball. If Willis was in there the only option is if he runs or Jacob runs. 2 youngest teams in the NFL today. It showed.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised this has happened, I'm surprised that it took so long. We have '4 #1 WRs' only plays so long. I'm sure mentally they all thought they were the true number 1 regardless of what coaches/management were saying. This season though it has become apparent that Reed probably is actually the #1. Now with Watson down, if Wicks then was the next up option in the game plan, in Doubs mind that put him #4 (if not worse). If this is the case then I get his frustration given it impacts his future and future earnings. However.. he handled it poorly (to say the least).

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised this has happened, I'm surprised that it took so long. We have '4 #1 WRs' only plays so long. I'm sure mentally they all thought they were the true number 1 regardless of what coaches/management were saying. This season though it has become apparent that Reed probably is actually the #1. Now with Watson down, if Wicks then was the next up option in the game plan, in Doubs mind that put him #4 (if not worse). If this is the case then I get his frustration given it impacts his future and future earnings. However.. he handled it poorly (to say the least).
No real stud since Adams left. But someone has to teach these guys to be unselfish. Injuries happen and you get your turn. How did Rodgers share the wealth back in 2021? Driver, Jennings, Jones, Jordy, Cobb, Finley. Plus Grant and Starks in the backfield along with Kuhn.

Reaction score
Oh I know. In this case it looks more like a mixture of causes and Love has not been as accurate with the ball thus far in 2024. We can see that by Loves lower completion % he’s added to the mix as a legitimate cause of this terrible 10/29.
That’s the one thing upon looking closer he analyzed. Even if he never dropped a Pass he’d be 14/29. I do not claim to know or agree with the criteria for a DROP. However being he’s only been credited 4 drops?? That right there tells me they are somewhat careful not to call just anything a drop. We could really argue he had 2 drops in game 5 so they don’t hand out drops freely. Drops are very obvious like that 6 yard drop yesterday on 3rd Down. The high jump was not a drop. Catchable? Yes but it was contested

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubs is coming back to practice. I hope we can all just forget about it like with Alexander. I'd still like to see Heath get a few more chances.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the Packers front office and coaching staff isn't part of the lynch mob that's part of the fan base. It's easy to understand why a player would remove his footprint from media, considering the vile attacks they'd be subject to getting.

I've known a lot of players over the years, and if you think the nasty comments made here are the worst, it's only the beginning. There are death threats, and racial slurs constantly thrown at the players, making them want to avoid the public.

If you want to be a good fan, let this go, and hope that whatever caused this is resolved, and everyone can move on, because Doubs has been one heckuva good possession receiver for the Packers, and willing to take the hits on those big 3rd down plays to move the chains. You don't find many like that, and when you do, you need to give them some love with the separation passes as well as the contested, because you show respect.

Hopefully the people on this site are above this, and will support both Doubs and the team as they move forward. It's what people should do for each other.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I know. In this case it looks more like a mixture of causes and Love has not been as accurate with the ball thus far in 2024. We can see that by Loves lower completion % he’s added to the mix as a legitimate cause of this terrible 10/29.
That’s the one thing upon looking closer he analyzed. Even if he never dropped a Pass he’d be 14/29. I do not claim to know or agree with the criteria for a DROP. However being he’s only been credited 4 drops?? That right there tells me they are somewhat careful not to call just anything a drop. We could really argue he had 2 drops in game 5 so they don’t hand out drops freely. Drops are very obvious like that 6 yard drop yesterday on 3rd Down. The high jump was not a drop. Catchable? Yes but it was contested
Several of his short sideline tosses were way off yesterday. Even if they did not gain much completing them would have kept the clock running. Some of his decision making still needs to get better. In our last drive after Jacob had run for 13 he fakes the handoff and throws a quick look in that gets blocked by the DL. Sure you get greedy now and then but we needed to bleed clock and exhaust Rams timeouts.