Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a lot more respect for what Bell did than Brown. Bell said I want some guarantees, I'm a FA, give me some. The Steelers didn't, then gave some but he didn't think it was enough so he sat out. Completely. Turned down 14 million on the franchise tag and said no thank you. Some might question how smart of a move that was, but it took balls that's for sure. Conviction and and a hell of a lot of will power. Brown still got paid and couldn't been a worse teammate.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, we don't need no stinkin' whinin' crybaby prima donna Antonio Brown.

No.

We're worried about AR12 being a prima donna and we wish to sign the poster-child for being a prima donna?

No.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've changed my mind just a little bit from a month ago, I think I would take him for a 3rd rounder. I previously said I wouldn't take anything more than a 5th rounder. I feel like I can be easily swayed one way or another in this conversation though. On field you take him in a heartbeat. Bad locker room guy tells me you don't

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting tired. No amount of logic is going to convince Brandon that AB is bad news. Differences in opinion are what make a forum thrive... to a point. However, Its pretty obvious that Brandon is alone on this one, and all the arguments have been exhausted. At this point all that is left is to start telling him how misguided or worse he is... and he can tell us how stupid and narrow minded we all are.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting tired. No amount of logic is going to convince Brandon that AB is bad news. Differences in opinion are what make a forum thrive... to a point. However, Its pretty obvious that Brandon is alone on this one, and all the arguments have been exhausted. At this point all that is left is to start telling him how misguided or worse he is... and he can tell us how stupid and narrow minded we all are.

INSANITY!!!

You just want bad players like "COBB" to earn BILLIONS of "DOLLARS".

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Right, but when he pulled out the big guns and played his trump card yesterday, Quantrell Bishop, how can you argue against him?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So Quantrell, now that things are looking better for the Browns, how do you really feel about Dorsey?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised very few people (including the media) have mentioned the possibility of Beckham getting traded here. Glazer predicted Beckham will be traded. HOWEVER DO NOT CRITICIZE GLAZER ON TWITTER ABOUT THIS RUMOR!!!!!!!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Right, but when he pulled out the big guns and played his trump card yesterday, Quantrell Bishop, how can you argue against him?

So Quantrell, now that things are looking better for the Browns, how do you really feel about Dorsey?

I'm staying on topic. ;)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would anybody think what a random, and crazy, Browns fan has to say matters? I don't understand.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were a 6-9-1 team so I am sure we can find a way to survive it.
that's true. i'm not expecting much from this team so if they went for him, although surprising, i wouldn't really mind. i just don't think it's something they'll do with so many other things needing to be done. but if they did, they'd certainly not do it without discussing it with brown first...at least i don't think they would, lol...would they?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why would anybody think what a random, and crazy, Browns fan has to say matters? I don't understand.
What he says doesn't matter or mean one thing to me, but I have to admit, he is entertaining to watch, reminds me of watching a train wreck. :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We do have some hope in getting Antonio Brown the more I'm hearing. If Rodgers wants him which I would absolutely think he would you gotta believe they would do it.

If Rodgers wants him and Murphy gets in the way and doesn't let it happen then that needs to be the end of Murphy forever.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude... you are beginning to sound like PackerFaninCarolina. It’s one thing to have an opinion but don’t go off the deep end.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dude... you are beginning to sound like PackerFaninCarolina. It’s one thing to have an opinion but don’t go off the deep end.

I don't know what planet you guys are on but people are talking about this really happening. You guys don't like Brown and I don't care. I didnt like Ted Thompson and I had to put up with his ******** for years and watch him destroy this franchise with his stale *** drafts and moves.

Its simple. If Aaron Rodgers wants him they will go after him. This is a new era and a lot of you guys are stuck still in the mind of Ted Thompson. There is gonna be some shocked people is all I can say with how they run this show. Everything you thought how the Green Bay packers go about building a roster is out the window and for very good reason.

The stupid defensive drafts are over. People on here can think im crazy but guys that have way more followers then me and do this for a living believe the Packers will A) draft Parris Campbell and B) Believe there is a legitimate chance the Packers go after Antonio Brown.

Im not guaranteeing this will all happen but it is certainly way more in the wheel house then some think.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with brandon to an extent. We have seen Rodgers in the past insist on keeping certain players only for the Packers to disregard him and let the players walk and whatnot. Case in point Jared Cook. The guy clearly had great chemistry with Rodgers and yet we let him walk. This is why I laugh when people claim that Rodgers has so much influence when the fact that if that was the case they wouldn't have released people from the organization that Rodgers would've liked to have kept. This includes Jordy, who I believe was a year released too early.

I agree that we've been playing it relatively safe in regards to these FAs and imo it wouldn't hurt to be aggressive, especially considering how most of these draft picks have been disappointments for the most part. Getting a bonafide stud wouldn't hurt and considering Rodgers has never had one. Or at least someone on the defensive side anyways. Which is why I'm still up for trading for Miller personally.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know what planet you guys are on but people are talking about this really happening. You guys don't like Brown and I don't care.

People, just like you, everywhere are talking about having Brown on their team. Do a Google search "Antonio Brown" *insert name of any team here*

Doesn't make it the correct or inevitable move for the Packers.

I didnt like Ted Thompson and I had to put up with his ******** for years and watch him destroy this franchise with his stale *** drafts and moves.
I take it you weren't a Packer fan in 2010?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with brandon to an extent. We have seen Rodgers in the past insist on keeping certain players only for the Packers to disregard him and let the players walk and whatnot. Case in point Jared Cook. The guy clearly had great chemistry with Rodgers and yet we let him walk. This is why I laugh when people claim that Rodgers has so much influence when the fact that if that was the case they wouldn't have released people from the organization that Rodgers would've liked to have kept. This includes Jordy, who I believe was a year released too early.

Are you sure you want to hitch your pony to THAT wagon? ;)

You 2 better huddle up, Brandon says if Rodgers wants Brown, they will go after him. As you stated, Rodgers wanted to keep Jordy and well.......

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to hitch your pony to THAT wagon? ;)

You 2 better huddle up, Brandon says if Rodgers wants Brown, they will go after him. As you stated, Rodgers wanted to keep Jordy and well.......

Rodgers is gonna get what he wants right now and he should at this point.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
People, just like you, everywhere are talking about having Brown on their team. Do a Google search "Antonio Brown" *insert name of any team here*

Doesn't make it the correct or inevitable move for the Packers.

I take it you weren't a Packer fan in 2010?

I said I wasn't guaranteeing it but at the same time with where the Packers are at i think its crazy to dismiss it especially with the price going down to get him. I truly belive if Rodgers wants Brown the Packers will try and get him and others do as well so quite acting like I'm out on a deserted island on this.

What about after 2010? So we owed the guy almost 10 years when he clearly lost his touch years ago?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Trading the 30th pick for Brown isn't crazy. Paying him when you already have Adams on the books is tough, but not completely prohibitive. And the prospect of having him on the field is tantalizing.

But quitting on his team and have multiple run ins with the police this off-season is something else. We don't want to see the Packers blow a premium pick and a lot of cap space on a guy who is about to melt down.

People inside the league will know more and better be able to vet the situation. But dismissing those concerns as unimportant is assinine.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I said I wasn't guaranteeing it but at the same time with where the Packers are at i think its crazy to dismiss it especially with the price going down to get him.
No more crazy than the idea of spending more than 1/3 of your available cap space and a high draft pick on someone that the Steelers are willing to eat $21+M on.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No more crazy than the idea of spending more than 1/3 of your available cap space and a high draft pick on someone that the Steelers are willing to eat $21+M on.

Damn Straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.