Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He's going to get a nice contract, i'm not sure he's going to see 40 or 50 million in guarantees though. Either way, he's not signing for an incentive laden deal at 15-16 million even if 5 million is salary on top of that. or 8 million. He wants 17 in guarantees per year. I don't think he'll get that high myself. but he's not going to sing to "potentially" make that either like suggested by someone else.
He'll get more than the one season of guarantees that the Steelers were offering, but to your point most certainly won't get 17 a year in guarantees. Somewhere in between.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll get more than the one season of guarantees that the Steelers were offering, but to your point most certainly won't get 17 a year in guarantees. Somewhere in between.
I thought they initially had offered 30 something in guarantees, and if he played the 1st two seasons of the contract he'd have 45 or so million paid out and he turned it down? Then it was the franchise tag.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I thought they initially had offered 30 something in guarantees, and if he played the 1st two seasons of the contract he'd have 45 or so million paid out and he turned it down? Then it was the franchise tag.
Maybe @Pokerbrat2000 can help us out with this. There was an article that explained how deceptive the deal was that Pittsburgh offered. I can't remember if he provided it, or if it was someone else.

To my memory, it basically amounted to a season's worth of guarantees. I could very well be mistaken about that, but I also think that Antonio Brown got the same type of deal (one year's worth of guarantees).

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm in the minority. But I don't want him. I don't care how talented he is. My impression of him is that he is a 'me first' kind of guy. He could screw up whatever chemistry they are trying to build in the locker room and on the field.

I have never liked the prima donnas. In the long run I don't think they are an asset. JMO

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sure I'm in the minority. But I don't want him. I don't care how talented he is. My impression of him is that he is a 'me first' kind of guy. He could screw up whatever chemistry they are trying to build in the locker room and on the field.

I have never liked the prima donnas. In the long run I don't think they are an asset. JMO

Actually if you scroll through this thread you will realize that most of us are opposed to the Packers trading for Brown.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe @Pokerbrat2000 can help us out with this. There was an article that explained how deceptive the deal was that Pittsburgh offered. I can't remember if he provided it, or if it was someone else.

To my memory, it basically amounted to a season's worth of guarantees. I could very well be mistaken about that, but I also think that Antonio Brown got the same type of deal (one year's worth of guarantees).

I think this is the article that you are referring to?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will fully admit, I didn't follow it that closely. and I wouldn't take anything i've said as fact :) but it doesn't stop me from forming opinions on bad intel

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If brown blows up on a 2nd team and needs to be dealt, there will be no market. Quit kidding yourself. Brown isn't less risk, i've never seen a player outside of Bennett and him quit on their teams like they did. You're overvaluing a quitter. draft picks given up over no draft picks given up. One definitely costs more. 15 million paid out over 7 million paid out, one definitely costs more. I wouldn't be throwing out the "sorry this is hard for you to understand" lines if I were you. It's not a good look.

Brown has a history of always showing up in big games so I don't want to hear it. He isn't gonna blow his HOF career over a pissing contest. He wants out of Pittsburgh. This one game situation that was building up and festering finally got to big and nobody handled it correctly.

Don't worry Mondio. I am quite certain the Packers will be sitting on the sidelines as usual in regards to Antonio Brown. Tickets to Packer games will still be 50.00.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
League "insider" types have suggested that people aren't sure Brown is in his right mind. He was demonstrating a lot of bizarre behavior on radio row at the Super Bowl and gave some really strange interviews.

If the Steelers are actually willing to trade a player that productive when it causes them to eat that much money, you know there's a catch.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brown doesn't strike me as a player who would enjoy living in Green Bay.

We simply don't know that and while people can be negative and come up with worst case scenarios the move would provide a higher ceiling then any move the Packers have made in a long long time.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/7...t-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

Here it was. Rapoport mentioned about half way down the page that the final offer to Le'Veon was 5 years 70 million. The fully guaranteed part was his signing bonus of just over 10 million. He would have made 33 million over the 1st two years in a rolling guaranteed structure.

We can go back and forth on Le'Veon, but I can definitely see both sides of it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has not always shown up. He now has a pattern of walking out on his team, it's not limited to 1 game. He's has not played himself into the HOF yet, he appears to not care what the fallout is from his pissing contest as he QUIT on his teammates. and i'm just fine the Packers passing on him. and I'll give you 70 bucks to get me tickets to the season opener in GB. That should more than cover the costs.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
League "insider" types have suggested that people aren't sure Brown is in his right mind. He was demonstrating a lot of bizarre behavior on radio row at the Super Bowl and gave some really strange interviews.

If the Steelers are actually willing to trade a player that productive when it causes them to eat that much money, you know there's a catch.

Wow! Now were gonna critique his interviews. I notice how nobody wants to critique his stats. :eek:

http://www.nfl.com/player/antoniobrown/2508061/careerstats

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
"Everybody stop having opinions that don't agree with mine!!!!!!!! Nobody say anything that I don't like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

We simply don't know that and while people can be negative and come up with worst case scenarios the move would provide a higher ceiling then any move the Packers have made in a long long time.

The Packers acquiring Brown has the potential of backfiring like no other move in a long, long time as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

You might be on to something Dante. Aaron Rodgers has been looking rather aloof in his interviews and talking about Scotch a lot. We should all get rather concerned and check him into a Psych Ward. :eek:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
These guys are professional athletes guys. There not running for some political office or some Noble Peace Prize.

Oh I know. We've just been so upscale on what we have allowed. Were the darlings of the NFL. "Lovable Losers"

NOT! Dude was basically making a drug run.

https://deadspin.com/cops-letroy-guion-had-weed-and-190k-in-cash-in-his-tr-1683814359

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me a guy with some weed for his friends, a cashed game check and a licensed gun locked in a hardcase any day over a quitter. It has nothing to do with being lovable, it's about being accountable.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let's ignore this guy's erratic behavior because the Packers once employed an inexpensive DT who had some legal troubles. That logic is air. tight.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Let's ignore this guy's erratic behavior because the Packers once employed an inexpensive DT who had some legal troubles. That logic is air. tight.

So let me get this correct. If a guy is cheap then he can be a criminal, quitter or PED freak and everyone will look the other way but if a guy has HOF numbers and had a fallout with his team of nine years we need to stay the hell away?

Makes perfect sense. I'm really starting to see the logic of 6-9-1.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean Bell is a great player but he has the same character issues as Brown. He sat out this season because he thought he was doing something great for all nfl players and didnt care about his team.
I see our RB duo as really capable and therefore no need for Bell.

Also RBs are pretty easy to draft. Just look at the RB talent that came out of the draft since 2016. Its insane. So better take a 3rd RB and load some talent on the OL, so the running game can excel even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online