Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would I give up the #12 pick for AB? Depends. Will Rodgers find him, or will he severely overthrow/underthrow him like he was doing in 2018?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Would I give up the #12 pick for AB? Depends. Will Rodgers find him, or will he severely overthrow/underthrow him like he was doing in 2018?

Could you imagine a scenario where we had Adams and AB and then a speed guy like P. Campbell in the slot?

Guys would be so wide open I don't know how Rodgers could miss them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
All this talk of picking up a former great piece of the Steelers, what about trying to secure Leveon Bell for a short term deal? I wouldn’t look to do more than 2 years with him, but could be worth it. He’s arguably the best dual threat player in the league, and I think would pair up great with 12, 17, and 33. We could even have 33 and him line up in the same backfield, or spread Leveon out to the slot and utilize him as a 3rd WR. I think he could make our new offense with LaFleur blossom into one of the leagues best again. Anyone else wanna see Leveon in green and yellow?

My initial thought is: 'why would Bell take a 2 year deal?'

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk of picking up a former great piece of the Steelers, what about trying to secure Leveon Bell for a short term deal? I wouldn’t look to do more than 2 years with him, but could be worth it. He’s arguably the best dual threat player in the league, and I think would pair up great with 12, 17, and 33. We could even have 33 and him line up in the same backfield, or spread Leveon out to the slot and utilize him as a 3rd WR. I think he could make our new offense with LaFleur blossom into one of the leagues best again. Anyone else wanna see Leveon in green and yellow?

Leveon didn't sit out a whole year to sign a 2 year deal. He's going to want to try to make bank with a long term deal with significant guaranteed money.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers will probably be lucky to get a mid to late first rounder for Brown. While I think the guy is super talented, I wouldn't want him and his ego on the Packers.

The last thing the Packers new coaching staff and players need is that kind of distraction to deal with.

If he has his heart set on being a 49er as some people think is the case I don't think the Steelers are going to get a first rounder for him (unless its in 2020). The 49ers would be stupid to give up the #2 pick for him this year. They would probably give up their second rounder though and I think that's what they should offer. If he wants to be there I would assume that would help lessen the concern over a potential clash of personalities I'm not sure the Steelers take it, they might ask for another day three pick

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just seems that everyone is too much something for our standards. Either "too old" or "too expensive" or "too much of a diva" etc etc etc. That we are left with nothing except for overpaying our own garbage. Lets not act like Green Bay is the favorite destination for players to come too. At some point were gonna have to do some things to stay in contention.

Now this I can agree with to a point. It seems we all want the top young guys in their prime for a cheap price and if that's what we are holding out for its not going to happen.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone wants Antonio Brown. He would be a "game changer" for this franchise.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I refuse to listen to this guy but for those of you who did watch, if the over/under for dropping the F bomb was 19 would I have won if I took the over? Because I think I would have.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pittsburgh isn't going to trade him. It saves them $2 million. They aren't going to get any kind of replacement for that kind of money. Just makes no sense at all.

I'm convinced the Steelers will trade Brown this offseason.

All this talk of picking up a former great piece of the Steelers, what about trying to secure Leveon Bell for a short term deal?

No.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bell just sat an entire season that would have paid him what, 14 million? he's not signing for 15 or 16 in incentives and some salary. He's looking for guarantees and a big bank. He might find out he's not going to get it as a RB, but I think someone will give him more guarantees just to have him.

and I do think the Steelers move Brown. he doesn't want to be there, it seems a lot of his teammates aren't exactly enamored with the guy, management doesn't want him around either. It's a lot of money to have to eat, but I think they've figured it's worth it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agreed with you and this last part can't be stressed enough. This isn't a $1M free agent pickup here. Brown will probably cost someone a 1st or a 2nd round, plus his first years salary ($12.625M or $15.125M depending on timing). Potentially loosing that investment is bad enough, but if his attitude continues to be negative, that effect is even more detrimental to a team.

The risk is limited. We would have him for less then paying Adams so the $ is fine. I would feel comfortable giving a 2-3rd for him.

If it blows up and goes south you trade him for a 4th recouping some of the initial investment. This is a much safer scenario then when they signed Marty B or Jimmie Graham for that matter.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is going to trade jack for a malcontent quitter that quits on a 2nd team. He'll be cut outright. and how is giving up draft picks to get someone better than just signing a FA? Neither Marty B nor Graham really cost anymore in caps space either. I'm not sure how you arrive your conclusions sometimes.

D

Deleted member 6794

The risk is limited. We would have him for less then paying Adams so the $ is fine. I would feel comfortable giving a 2-3rd for him.

If it blows up and goes south you trade him for a 4th recouping some of the initial investment. This is a much safer scenario then when they signed Marty B or Jimmie Graham for that matter.

You have to understand that no one is questioning Brown having a lot of talent. Unfortunately that's not the only factor when evaluating whether it makes sense to acquire a player, especially if you have to give up significant draft capital to make a move like that. AB's character might be extremely detrimental to the chemistry in the locker room which could result in the team underperforming once again.

As I've mentioned on several occasions I would be more open to trade for Brown if he would just be a tough character to handle as a strong locker room would be able to deal with it. I can't get over him quitting with the playoffs on the line though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Now this I can agree with to a point. It seems we all want the top young guys in their prime for a cheap price and if that's what we are holding out for its not going to happen.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nobody is going to trade jack for a malcontent quitter that quits on a 2nd team. He'll be cut outright. and how is giving up draft picks to get someone better than just signing a FA? Neither Marty B nor Graham really cost anymore in caps space either. I'm not sure how you arrive your conclusions sometimes.

Because Brown put up HOF numbers last year and his current contract of what the Packers would pay is a bargain. Brown is gonna get traded as the Steelers want to get something out of it to buy out of the contract. I believe he lands a 2nd or 3rd round pick. As long as he produces on the field there will always be a market out there for a disgruntled HOF receiver like it or not.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You have to understand that no one is questioning Brown having a lot of talent. Unfortunately that's not the only factor when evaluating whether it makes sense to acquire a player, especially if you have to give up significant draft capital to make a move like that. AB's character might be extremely detrimental to the chemistry in the locker room which could result in the team underperforming once again.

As I've mentioned on several occasions I would be more open to trade for Brown if he would just be a tough character to handle as a strong locker room would be able to deal with it. I can't get over him quitting with the playoffs on the line though.

All I am saying is there not is as much risk in getting him as some might think on paper. I am fully aware of what could happen. However, there is also a chance that a new scenery is good for him and he flourishes here. Everyone said Wilkerson was a "Quitter" and a "Paycheck Player" and the guy loves it in Green Bay. This city is the most unique sports environment in all of professional sports. The Packers need to use that to there advantage.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Brown put up HOF numbers last year and his current contract of what the Packers would pay is a bargain. Brown is gonna get traded as the Steelers want to get something out of it to buy out of the contract. I believe he lands a 2nd or 3rd round pick. As long as he produces on the field there will always be a market out there for a disgruntled HOF receiver like it or not.
yes someone will trade for him now, and i've said 2nd or 3rd a few times. You said he'd cost less than Marty B or Graham, he won't. Not in terms of money and not in terms of what we'd have to give up to get him. He'd cost more in both regards. and you claimed if it went south, we'd just trade him away to someone else. I doubt anyone would give anything when Brown quits on a 2nd team.

HOF numbers don't mean **** when you quit with the playoffs on the line. Give me Edelman every time. no HOF numbers, but HOF production when it matters. Beats the hell out of quitting.

D

Deleted member 6794

You have to realize that the Steelers wouldn't be interested in trading Brown if his on the field production would justify dealing with his character flaws. Yet you think he would turn into a role model in Green Bay.

D

Deleted member 6794

All I am saying is there not is as much risk in getting him as some might think on paper. I am fully aware of what could happen. However, there is also a chance that a new scenery is good for him and he flourishes here. Everyone said Wilkerson was a "Quitter" and a "Paycheck Player" and the guy loves it in Green Bay. This city is the most unique sports environment in all of professional sports. The Packers need to use that to there advantage.

Brown doesn't strike me as a player who would enjoy living in Green Bay.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Bell just sat an entire season that would have paid him what, 14 million? he's not signing for 15 or 16 in incentives and some salary. He's looking for guarantees and a big bank. He might find out he's not going to get it as a RB, but I think someone will give him more guarantees just to have him.

and I do think the Steelers move Brown. he doesn't want to be there, it seems a lot of his teammates aren't exactly enamored with the guy, management doesn't want him around either. It's a lot of money to have to eat, but I think they've figured it's worth it.
Someone will definitely give Bell a better deal than what the Steelers were offering.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone will definitely give Bell a better deal than what the Steelers were offering.
He's going to get a nice contract, i'm not sure he's going to see 40 or 50 million in guarantees though. Either way, he's not signing for an incentive laden deal at 15-16 million even if 5 million is salary on top of that. or 8 million. He wants 17 in guarantees per year. I don't think he'll get that high myself. but he's not going to sing to "potentially" make that either like suggested by someone else.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You have to realize that the Steelers wouldn't be interested in trading Brown if his on the field production would justify dealing with his character flaws. Yet you think he would turn into a role model in Green Bay.

No, I am saying he was in Pittsburgh for 9 years, so almost an entire decade and he wants a change and out of Pittsburgh. Things blew up and he was partly responsible for how he carried himself but it's not all on him either. He doesn't want to be there anymore. Players want to leave teams all the time and it wouldn't be the first time a player left a team under bad circumstances and had a positive result somewhere else.

If the Packers feel they can keep him in line they should absolutely go after him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wanting to leave, and quitting with the playoffs in play are 2 entirely different things. Not liking a coach, but being there for teammates is one thing. Not liking your coach and quitting on everyone that's out there battling together is another.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
yes someone will trade for him now, and i've said 2nd or 3rd a few times. You said he'd cost less than Marty B or Graham, he won't. Not in terms of money and not in terms of what we'd have to give up to get him. He'd cost more in both regards. and you claimed if it went south, we'd just trade him away to someone else. I doubt anyone would give anything when Brown quits on a 2nd team.

HOF numbers don't mean **** when you quit with the playoffs on the line. Give me Edelman every time. no HOF numbers, but HOF production when it matters. Beats the hell out of quitting.

Edelman is a PED junkie so your big character argument is flawed as he is a "CHEATER". Brown would be less risk then Graham or Bennett were is what I am saying as Brown has a much bigger secondary market if you had to unload him. Brown's remaining contract is a bargain. Sorry this is so hard for you to understand.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edelman is a PED junkie so your big character argument is flawed as he is a "CHEATER". Brown would be less risk then Graham or Bennett were is what I am saying as Brown has a much bigger secondary market if you had to unload him. Brown's remaining contract is a bargain. Sorry this is so hard for you to understand.
If brown blows up on a 2nd team and needs to be dealt, there will be no market. Quit kidding yourself. Brown isn't less risk, i've never seen a player outside of Bennett and him quit on their teams like they did. You're overvaluing a quitter. draft picks given up over no draft picks given up. One definitely costs more. 15 million paid out over 7 million paid out, one definitely costs more. I wouldn't be throwing out the "sorry this is hard for you to understand" lines if I were you. It's not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online