Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
AB is not the solution lol. Packers are in rebuild mode and we all saw last what AB does when it is not running as smoothly as wanted. His character is too big of a risk to take.
He is dman good WR, but I doubt Packers take that risk. Better invest that much money in a FA safety or pass rusher.
Also Tae is more than enough as the number one receiver. Only need a solid number 2, mixed with MVS and EQ. Graham and a new TE rookie. When Ar12 is in form, that can be one hell of an offence

If there in a true rebuild then they need to get rid of Bulaga, Crosby. Perry, T. Williams, L. Taylor, Graham and blow the whole thing up.

No reason to re-sign Wilkerson either for that matter.

Thats not all gonna happen because were not in a full rebuild with Rodgers being 35.

What were in is a "re-load" and getting Antonio Brown is the perfect remedy for talent deficiencies on the offenive end.

We can get Antonio Brown and still address Edge and Safety.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there's no doubt he would be a great addition if it was just what happens between the lines. since that's not it i just don't see the Packers doing it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
there's no doubt he would be a great addition if it was just what happens between the lines. since that's not it i just don't see the Packers doing it.

Agreed and if it was just what was happening between the lines the Steelers wouldn't be having an Antonio Brown Fire Sale and if they were getting rid of him due to cap constraints, teams would be lining up for him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed and if it was just what was happening between the lines the Steelers wouldn't be having an Antonio Brown Fire Sale and if they were getting rid of him due to cap constraints, teams would be lining up for him.

Problem in Pittsburgh is number one rothlisberher, number two tomlin, and then Antonio brown.

Now talk is the Steelers likely aren't gonna get a first rounder and they might only get a third. The problem with him now is that you know he's gonna demand a new contract. At that point hes definitely not worth a 1 and idk if I even do it for a 3rd if you have to extend him for 16/17 million a year

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Adding expensive wide receivers is the answer 100% of the time. This is how Matt Millen built his championship rosters.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Adding expensive wide receivers is the answer 100% of the time. This is how Matt Millen built his championship rosters.

This Matt Millen thing is getting real old. I know its hard for "Out of Context Dante" to resist though and understand having an elite 35 year old franchise is QB is different then Joey Harrington and you simply can't compare the two.

Millen's philosophy is actually exactly what this team needs right now. Get Aaron as many weapons as possible. At least Millen would have the balls to do it.

No risk it no biscuit. So as long as we play this conservative attack on rebuilding the roster we will continue to get conservative results. Well be lucky to go 8-8 without improving this offense significantly.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
$50 dollar tickets were so much fun last year so I guess we need to do it again. :eek:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This Matt Millen thing is getting real old.

With all due respect, if you are willing to post Quantrell Bishop videos to try and support your points, I think anything is fair game. Might as well call the tooth fairy and see what she thinks?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOF QB, surrounded by other quality WR's, had the benefit of being paired with one of the leagues absolute best RB's that could take pass catch as well as he could run and playing with a good offensive line. = Zero titles. call me skeptical he'd do any more than demand more money and be a distraction here or anywhere else. If he was going to bring championships to anyone? why not the very good team he was with?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
HOF QB, surrounded by other quality WR's, had the benefit of being paired with one of the leagues absolute best RB's that could take pass catch as well as he could run and playing with a good offensive line. = Zero titles. call me skeptical he'd do any more than demand more money and be a distraction here or anywhere else. If he was going to bring championships to anyone? why not the very good team he was with?

That Pittsburgh team was very very talented and underperformed and that's on Tomlin. In today's NFL you need to know how to handle these players or your not gonna do well.

Remember Ray Rhodes?

Yeah he was a "nice guy" and wanted to hang out with the players and be poker buddies etc etc. How did that work out for us? Not good at all.

It's called "accountability issues" and once they start they spiral into what it has in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin is the same type of coach and he failed the city of Pittsburgh. He won a Super Bowl they never should of won and he has gotten a pass just like Ted Thompson and McCarthy did.

The Pittsburgh Steelers problems go way deeper then Antonio Brown is all i'm saying. If the Packers believe they can keep Antonio in line then they should absolutely go for him.

BB could get Antonio Brown and you wouldn't hear one damn peep out of Brown. If LaFleur is gonna be some great coach he should be able to do that or we got the wrong guy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahhh yes, the guys who actually win things really suck and the guys that have some highlights but never win anything are the true warriors LOL

Tomlin is a D-coordinator for 1 super bowl winning team, becomes a HC and goes deep into the playoffs fairly regularly, wins another super bowl and he sucks. AB quits repeatedly, but has highlights and is the true warrior.

Thompson builds a super bowl team in Seattle, turns GB around and builds a team with Favre that could have won a super bowl, builds another one with Rodgers that does win a super bowl, and built another team for a 2014 run that should have as well, but he sucks. The quitter that has stats in a passy happy generation of NFL is the real stud.

BB would turn him around, just like he how he was able to keep Josh Gordon under wraps right. ohhhhhh wait....LOL

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
ahhh yes, the guys who actually win things really suck and the guys that have some highlights but never win anything are the true warriors LOL

Tomlin is a D-coordinator for 1 super bowl winning team, becomes a HC and goes deep into the playoffs fairly regularly, wins another super bowl and he sucks. AB quits repeatedly, but has highlights and is the true warrior.

Thompson builds a super bowl team in Seattle, turns GB around and builds a team with Favre that could have won a super bowl, builds another one with Rodgers that does win a super bowl, and built another team for a 2014 run that should have as well, but he sucks. The quitter that has stats in a passy happy generation of NFL is the real stud.

BB would turn him around, just like he how he was able to keep Josh Gordon under wraps right. ohhhhhh wait....LOL

I'm not doing it today Mondio and reliving how Thompson failed the city of Green Bay.

If you can't see how Antonio Brown could help this offense I can't help you.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
With all due respect, if you are willing to post Quantrell Bishop videos to try and support your points, I think anything is fair game. Might as well call the tooth fairy and see what she thinks?

Everyone knows Tomlin lost control of that team. Yes, even Quantrell Bishop.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it, everyone who's ever built and won something sucks. and those in great situations but cause strife in the locker room and hinder that team are awesome. I understand your approach, and I don't really agree with it. If I knew AB was going to play for his current contract I'd give maybe a 3rd or 4th for him. But his #newdemands gives me great pause. I bet one of his first actions to endear himself to his new team is hold out for a new contract and pout when he doens't get it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you can't see how Antonio Brown could help this offense I can't help you.

I can totally see how Antonio Brown could help this offense....totally see it!

However, I can also totally see how he could derail a team and end up costing them a draft picks and $12M+.

So I look at both scenarios and the risk isn't worth it. You just happen to not think that way, but you are right AB could help any offense he plays on, but teams are going to have to believe what happened in Pittsburgh was just a fluke for them to want to take that risk.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be willing to acquire AB but it would be for a 2nd. I would ask for a first, but if the Steelers offered a 2nd to take AB, I think I would do it.

Yes, even he can figure it out. Brown's numbers speak for themselves. Tomlin's an idiot.

Millen's philosophy is actually exactly what this team needs right now. Get Aaron as many weapons as possible. At least Millen would have the balls to do it.
So pretty much everyone, except you, are against acquiring AB.

The only support you can muster is a crazy moron ranting on the internet. Additionally, you state that the Packers should use the strategy of Matt Millen, perhaps the worst GM in the last 40 years.

Maybe the reason Tomlin lost the team is because of the disruptive behavior of AB. Maybe you should listen to his teammates, former teammates, and coaches who all seem to paint the same picture.

Maybe you should actually think about this.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nobody believes well actually get him so many people aren't gonna get worked up about it. However, I do Believe if Gute actually landed him the excitement and expectations for this team would go through the roof. The message would be clear that were in it to win it and people would line up to watch him play with Rodgers and Adams. It has the potential to be something special. Maybe coming to Green Bay is exactly what Brown needs right now.

i agree there is risk with the move but as i've stated we have kind of put ourselves in a position where at some point were gonna have to take some uncomfortable risks or we will just fall off the NFL landscape as a below .500 football team.

The bottom line is were a 6-9-1 football team and IMO were much farther away from competing for a championship then just adding a safety and an edge rusher.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh isn't going to trade him. It saves them $2 million. They aren't going to get any kind of replacement for that kind of money. Just makes no sense at all.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need much more help on the OL than we do in the WR corps. We need more help in the pass rush department than in the WR corps. We need more help at TE than we do at WR.

Let's prioritize needs here, yeah?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We need much more help on the OL than we do in the WR corps. We need more help in the pass rush department than in the WR corps. We need more help at TE than we do at WR.

Let's prioritize needs here, yeah?

That's your opinion and thats fine. I am in total agreement as I've stated that the rignt side of the OL needs to be overhauled along with Taylor approaching 30. I believe the OL being better would immediately improve the passing game.

However I don't share your excitement with our current WR corp.

Getting Milt Hendrickson is gonna save our *** and I can't wait until we draft a receiver in round 1 and build the offense early and often in the draft. I love the Big 10 connection and Parris Campbell will make a nice consolation for not getting AB.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) I did not say I was excited about the WR corps. Don't put words into my mouth.

2) We won't draft a WR Rd1.

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk of picking up a former great piece of the Steelers, what about trying to secure Leveon Bell for a short term deal? I wouldn’t look to do more than 2 years with him, but could be worth it. He’s arguably the best dual threat player in the league, and I think would pair up great with 12, 17, and 33. We could even have 33 and him line up in the same backfield, or spread Leveon out to the slot and utilize him as a 3rd WR. I think he could make our new offense with LaFleur blossom into one of the leagues best again. Anyone else wanna see Leveon in green and yellow?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All this talk of picking up a former great piece of the Steelers, what about trying to secure Leveon Bell for a short term deal? I wouldn’t look to do more than 2 years with him, but could be worth it. He’s arguably the best dual threat player in the league, and I think would pair up great with 12, 17, and 33. We could even have 33 and him line up in the same backfield, or spread Leveon out to the slot and utilize him as a 3rd WR. I think he could make our new offense with LaFleur blossom into one of the leagues best again. Anyone else wanna see Leveon in green and yellow?

That's an option that I would welcome with open arms. It would have to be a deal where he could make 15-16 million with incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.