Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
right but they're due to pay him $22M so that's the $1m difference i spoke of. $15's probably too much for the Packers too.
On paper that is correct, but the Steelers also loose his services and have to pay another player for said services. This is just like all the cap and salary wrangling people have done over the years in here with Matthews, Cobb and now Perry, you can't really just say "a team saves this buy cutting/trading" without taking into account the loss of the players services.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People overrate the mental fortitude and commitment to a team when one quits on his team repeatedly because his ego is too fragile for conflict, his ego is too fragile when things aren't going well, or when his ego needs inflating thru a new contract and more money for himself to the detriment of his team. The end of last year wasn't an isolated incident for Brown, it's been a growing pattern for him. It's not a good look.

and I wonder if his Twitter poundsignNewDemands was foreboding....

D

Deleted member 6794

People are overblowing the melt down in Pitt when in fact is all Antonio Brown has done over the last 5 years is show up for ganes starting in 76 of the last 80 games and balled out.

Once again, a team can't rely on a player who quit with the playoffs on the line.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Maybe because we would have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL and along with adding some OL help our offense would be elite for the stretch run of Rodgers career.

People are overblowing the melt down in Pitt when in fact is all Antonio Brown has done over the last 5 years is show up for ganes starting in 76 of the last 80 games and balled out.

S**t, if we could get our players to play in 95% of our ganes we would have it made in the shade. :eek:
Extremely difficult to overlook bailing on his team in week 17 with a playoff berth on the line though. Pretty much negates all of the other positives he could bring to the table when he does that when you need him the most.

I'm sure all of what happened in Pittsburgh wasn't all his doing. But he needs to grow up and quit acting like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way, or if there is a disagreement with a teammate/coach.

It isn't too much to ask to be professional.

This is coming from someone who might consider trading for him at the right price, but it's far from a no brainer and carries a ton of risk that could backfire big time on the Packers. If the experiment goes wrong, it handicaps us tremendously.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe because we would have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL and along with adding some OL help our offense would be elite for the stretch run of Rodgers career.

S**t, if we could get our players to play in 95% of our ganes we would have it made in the shade. :eek:
Saw where a person close to AB on the Steeler staff predicted he would be highly successful and that success would be the worst thing for him.

This isnt AB from 5 years agos, this is AB now. A completely self involved a$shat with little regard to any team, teammates, or coaches that he is associated with.

If he is sitting at home from a game complaining his locker should have a private room with a hot tub and 40% of brat sales, he isnt part of any 1-2 punch.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Extremely difficult to overlook bailing on his team in week 17 with a playoff berth on the line though. Pretty much negates all of the other positives he could bring to the table when he does that when you need him the most.

I'm sure all of what happened in Pittsburgh wasn't all his doing. But he needs to grow up and quit acting like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way, or if there is a disagreement with a teammate/coach.

It isn't too much to ask to be professional.

This is coming from someone who might consider trading for him at the right price, but it's far from a no brainer and carries a ton of risk that could backfire big time on the Packers. If the experiment goes wrong, it handicaps us tremendously.

Yes, there is risk with any move but we can't stay petrified because of what happened with Marty B. Antonio Brown has a 9 year history of showing up for ganes and playing through injuries. Tomlin lost control of that team and should probably be fired.

Personally, I don't care if Brown wants to take a helicopter to practice etc etc.

What are we really risking anyways? We haven't made the playoffs in two years and the offense has taken a major step backwards. I will always love the Packers but watching this **** show the last two years has been rather depressing. We lost to the Arizona Cardinals last year at home in the cold in December. If that's not a reality check I don't know what is.

We need to get back to putting fear into opposing defenses and Antonio Brown allows us to do that. I got news for people that risk will be neccessary at some point for the Packers to contend again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
carries a ton of risk that could backfire big time on the Packers. If the experiment goes wrong, it handicaps us tremendously.

I agreed with you and this last part can't be stressed enough. This isn't a $1M free agent pickup here. Brown will probably cost someone a 1st or a 2nd round, plus his first years salary ($12.625M or $15.125M depending on timing). Potentially loosing that investment is bad enough, but if his attitude continues to be negative, that effect is even more detrimental to a team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather take risk in the draft or with a player an injury than on someone that has shown repeatedly in the past few seasons he's not a team player, he's never happy, he always wants more money and will walk away when he doesn't get his way. A person's character is hard to hide, especially when tested, and everyone gets tested in football. I'd rather roll the dice on development or health than a headcase. Especially an expensive one
'

Reaction score
Saw where a person close to AB on the Steeler staff predicted he would be highly successful and that success would be the worst thing for him.

This isnt AB from 5 years agos, this is AB now. A completely self involved a$shat with little regard to any team, teammates, or coaches that he is associated with.

If he is sitting at home from a game complaining his locker should have a private room with a hot tub and 40% of brat sales, he isnt part of any 1-2 punch.

I think I heard Ryan Clark say something similar along the lines of, "If you pay this man that type of money, you will create a monster." Don't know if it was Clark himself, another player, or staff. Just remember that being mentioned. If im AB I would be embarrassed that that is what people think of me based on how I act. No shame I suppose

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agreed with you and this last part can't be stressed enough. This isn't a $1M free agent pickup here. Brown will probably cost someone a 1st or a 2nd round, plus his first years salary ($12.625M or $15.125M depending on timing). Potentially loosing that investment is bad enough, but if his attitude continues to be negative, that effect is even more detrimental to a team.
yup. are the Packers desperate, and ballsy enough, to do it? letmethinkaboutitno.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

We paid Randall Cobb 12.5 Mill last year to play in 9 games and put up pathetic numbers. I would say Antonio Brown is a bargain considering what we have been doing.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I heard Ryan Clark say something similar along the lines of, "If you pay this man that type of money, you will create a monster." Don't know if it was Clark himself, another player, or staff. Just remember that being mentioned. If im AB I would be embarrassed that that is what people think of me based on how I act. No shame I suppose
I was thinking position coach, but I think you are right.

After Clark's comments AB made a racial slur.

AB clashed with Clark when Clark reported AB got into heated argument with a coach and yelled "Dont touch me, I'm the franchise!"

This POS cannot help our team.

Reaction score
As much as I dont love AR, you gotta admit that as much as a "diva" some say he is, I dont think he would ever say, "Don't touch me, I'm the franchise!" Thats unreal. We are lucky we dont have a guy like that on our squad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We paid Randall Cobb 12.5 Mill last year to play in 9 games and put up pathetic numbers. I would say Antonio Brown is a bargain considering what we have been doing.

Actually, Cobb was paid less than $10M last year, you are adding in the sunk cost of his signing bonus. All that withstanding, I really hope the Packers don't start justifying any future moves based on the fact that players like Cobb were overpaid.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I dont love AR, you gotta admit that as much as a "diva" some say he is, I dont think he would ever say, "Don't touch me, I'm the franchise!" Thats unreal. We are lucky we dont have a guy like that on our squad.
It’s not Luck.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Cobb was paid less than $10M last year, you are adding in the sunk cost of his signing bonus. All that withstanding, I really hope the Packers don't start justifying any future moves based on the fact that players like Cobb were overpaid.
Not to mention up and till the point Cobb signed his contract he was ascending, had been pretty reliable, and was mostly healthy. I think he missed some time in one of 4 seasons. He was not overpaid when he signed it. Since then, he's been hurt a lot and it's shown. and when he's healthy he comes back and has a great game like against the Giants in the playoffs with no Jordy. His production is fine when he's healthy, he's never healthy. But let's not think the same can't happen to Brown or anyone else.

and I"d pay that money to a guy like Cobb or Bulaga to gut it out when they can rather than pay half of that for highlight reel that quits when his team needs him every Sunday of the season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I believe it would be more based on these numbers which was over a 100 catches for almost 1300 yards and 15 TD's.

http://www.nfl.com/player/antoniobrown/2508061/profile

Our only hope is that LaFleur wants Brown and is comfortable bringing him in his first year as coach.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Besides his potential stats, I can think of only one other upside to Brown. As long as the Packers assumed his current contract, he could be cut at anytime and there are no future cap hit issues. You loose whatever draft pick you use to obtain him and the salary of the year you cut him, but a clean break. But if I have to come up with that reason to justify trading a high pick for a guy, I have a big reason why I don't want the guy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think that is YOUR hope, I don't see a lot of other posters hoping for it, including myself. :)

Everyone wants Antonio Brown. He would be a "game changer" for this franchise.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Everyone wants Antonio Brown. He would be a "game changer" for this franchise.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OMG.....if you are using this guy as your "star witness" for trading for Brown? You really need to rethink your strategy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
OMG.....if you are using this guy as your "star witness" for trading for Brown? You really need to rethink your strategy.

Yes, even he can figure it out. Brown's numbers speak for themselves. Tomlin's an idiot.

I want the Packers to have the best chance of going to a Super Bowl and that means getting Antonio Brown.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AB is not the solution lol. Packers are in rebuild mode and we all saw last what AB does when it is not running as smoothly as wanted. His character is too big of a risk to take.
He is dman good WR, but I doubt Packers take that risk. Better invest that much money in a FA safety or pass rusher.
Also Tae is more than enough as the number one receiver. Only need a solid number 2, mixed with MVS and EQ. Graham and a new TE rookie. When Ar12 is in form, that can be one hell of an offence

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, even he can figure it out. Brown's numbers speak for themselves. Tomlin's an idiot.

I want the Packers to have the best chance of going to a Super Bowl and that means getting Antonio Brown.

Seriously, have you watched many of this guys (Quantrell Bishop's) videos? I watch them purely for entertainment and honestly, I think that is his goal.....be outrageous, odd and funny and maybe someone notices him. This is the guy who looked as though he was going to spontaneously combust or at minimum have a heart attack when "DeShone F*ing Kizer, a future Hall of Famer" was traded for Randall. Same guy predicting that the Browns will now win the next 8-10 Super Bowls.

Watch a few, you might understand me saying "you don't want to use him to try and build your case for something."

Status
Not open for further replies.