Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I have a feeling well never find out if it would work in Green Bay or not with Antonio Brown.

Reaction score
I will say this. I’m not saying that AB is the guy but it seems like there’s always a need for a explosive veteran FA at any position where the overall unit is relatively young.
That goes the same for the secondary, the QBs, the LBs, the DL etc etc.
IDK. Just maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt. It wouldn’t be the first player we’ve given a second chance. Of course the contract would have to be structured so we don’t get Martellus’d

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It just seems that everyone is too much something for our standards. Either "too old" or "too expensive" or "too much of a diva" etc etc etc. That we are left with nothing except for overpaying our own garbage. Lets not act like Green Bay is the favorite destination for players to come too. At some point were gonna have to do some things to stay in contention.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, we know what it's like paying for garbage, I don't want to overpay for someone else's too

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have a strong enough leg to beat out Crosby anyway. He can be suspended in Cleveland

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has a ways to go, and quitting on your playoff hopeful teammates isn't going to win him any points. He's not even ahead of guys that played when it was legal to kill the QB and take a receivers head off.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He has a ways to go, and quitting on your playoff hopeful teammates isn't going to win him any points. He's not even ahead of guys that played when it was legal to kill the QB and take a receivers head off.

You put him opposite Adams with AR12 at QB and he is a done deal making the HOF.

He showed no signs of decline last year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He showed signs that when it gets too tough for him he quits. It wasn’t a one time deal. The more you quit the easier it becomes.

He has work to do to make the Hall

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Cleveland,

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Quantrall Bishop is the most schizophrenic guy I have ever seen on the internet!

Wasn't long ago that he was calling Dorsey just about every derogitory word that one can imagine. Or saying that the Kizer trade was the worst move ever, because he felt Kizer was a FHOF QB. At least know he thinks his Browns will win the Super Bowl for the next 8-10 years! LOL

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well if the deal went down he would cost us just about everything we have available according to his cap number in 2019. There is no way the Steelers can afford to release this guy. Makes sense why nobody is running to give up a 1st for him. I suppose it would depend on if his contract was traded or how it all got worked out in deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/antonio-brown-6702/

His cap number has nothing to do with what he would cost a team that traded for him. He is due to be paid $12.625M this next season, $11.5 in 2020 and $12.5 in 2021. The rest of it is money that the Steelers either already paid him or will be owing him. Now if the trade was made before the 3rd day of the new league season, his new team might owe him his roster bonus of $2.5M, I'm not quite sure how that works.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to choose one of the soon to be ex-Pittsburgh stars... I'd take Le'Veon Bell. He is younger and would fit into this offense quickly. As much as I like Aaron Jones... he just can't stay healthy. Bell is a 3 down back who can run around and thru the defender. He is a great pass catcher and is very durable. He can also block and even though he took a year off... it wouldn't surprise me if he was ready day one when he arrived.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to choose one of the soon to be ex-Pittsburgh stars... I'd take Le'Veon Bell. He is younger and would fit into this offense quickly. As much as I like Aaron Jones... he just can't stay healthy. Bell is a 3 down back who can run around and thru the defender. He is a great pass catcher and is very durable. He can also block and even though he took a year off... it wouldn't surprise me if he was ready day one when he arrived.

Bell came out of the same draft class as Eddie Lacy, whose career appears to be over. I have to wonder how much tread is left on Bell's tires.

And he would be expensive.....and perhaps a head case.

Great talent, no question, but I think I'd pass on him. Green Bay needs to upgrade at a lot of positions, and RB is pretty far down on the list.

D

Deleted member 6794

I will say this. I’m not saying that AB is the guy but it seems like there’s always a need for a explosive veteran FA at any position where the overall unit is relatively young.
That goes the same for the secondary, the QBs, the LBs, the DL etc etc.

I definitely don't want a quitter like Brown to serve as role model for the Packers young receivers.

What’s he going to demand salary wise

Brown is under contract for another three years. A team trading for him would inherit the contract and having to pay him $39 million over that period if they acquire him before March.

Now if the trade was made before the 3rd day of the new league season, his new team might owe him his roster bonus of $2.5M, I'm not quite sure how that works.

If a team acquires Brown before that day the new team will have to pay him the roster bonus of $2.5 million and it would count against their cap.

If I had to choose one of the soon to be ex-Pittsburgh stars... I'd take Le'Veon Bell.

Could we please stop thinking about signing or acquiring any of the Steelers quitters???

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't want a quitter like Brown to serve as role model for the Packers young receivers.

Could we please stop thinking about signing or acquiring any of the Steelers quitters???

Agree completely.

Moving on....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You put him opposite Adams with AR12 at QB and he is a done deal making the HOF.

He showed no signs of decline last year.
He cant do anything from the sidelines because he is faking an injury because the FO/coaching staff didnt kiss his **** enough that week.

Doubt he makes the HOF because he is such a bad teammate and not liked by the press either. Who would vote for him?

The guy is a head case and would make the team worse being on it. Good frickin grief. Why the hell would anyone even suggest this?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would save pit $1M if they release him (minus the cost of whatever they replace him with). trading him would at least get them a draft pick in return...probably a 3rd at this point. the Packers can't afford the $21m he'd cost this year. they've too many other needs with the position/player upgrades/replacements they're facing. the colts have the most cap room and they aren't that far away from being SB worthy. that would be a good landing place for him. Luck to Brown would be deadly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

it would only cost pit $1M if they release him (plus whatever they replace him with). trading him would at least get them a draft pick in return...probably a 3rd at this point. the Packers can't afford the $21m he'd cost this year. they've too many other needs with the position/player upgrades/replacements they're facing. the colts have the most cap room and they aren't that far away from being SB worthy. that would be a good landing place for him. Luck to Brown would be deadly.

The Steelers would take a $21.12 million cap hit by either trading or releasing Brown before the start of the new league year. He would count $15.125 million towards the cap of a team acquiring him in 2019.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers would take a $21.12 million cap hit by either trading or releasing Brown before the start of the new league year. He would count $15.125 million towards the cap of a team acquiring him in 2019.
right but they're due to pay him $22M so that's the $1m difference i spoke of. $15's probably too much for the Packers too.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He cant do anything from the sidelines because he is faking an injury because the FO/coaching staff didnt kiss his **** enough that week.

Doubt he makes the HOF because he is such a bad teammate and not liked by the press either. Who would vote for him?

The guy is a head case and would make the team worse being on it. Good frickin grief. Why the hell would anyone even suggest this?

Maybe because we would have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL and along with adding some OL help our offense would be elite for the stretch run of Rodgers career.

People are overblowing the melt down in Pitt when in fact is all Antonio Brown has done over the last 5 years is show up for ganes starting in 76 of the last 80 games and balled out.

S**t, if we could get our players to play in 95% of our ganes we would have it made in the shade. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online