Brazil Pre-Game Thoughts

Reaction score
There's been some recent reports that Wildfires in Brazil have caused significant concerns about the air quality there. I've even seen some speculation that the game could be cancelled or moved. Does anyone have any recent information on this?

PackFan727

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's been some recent reports that Wildfires in Brazil have caused significant concerns about the air quality there. I've even seen some speculation that the game could be cancelled or moved. Does anyone have any recent information on this?
As a result of your post, I researched the situation on the web. I think you are right. This is a big concern for health and safety. I hope the NFL manages to do the right thing for the players.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's only week one, but this is a big game. It could come in huge for tiebreakers later, and we find out right away how we match up with the team many consider to be the NFC title favorite.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
As a result of your post, I researched the situation on the web. I think you are right. This is a big concern for health and safety. I hope the NFL manages to do the right thing for the players.
Yeah it looked dangerous down there on a historic type level. Several people trying to protect their business have sadly died as the result of the fires recently in São Paulo area. The lesson is to not try to be a hero against this level of danger. No $$$ or possessions are worth our lives.

If it’s in at any way deemed dangerous they need to postpone it and move to a vacant Field back home.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think the Packers caught a break with this game.

First, it isn't in Philly. So no real home advantage for the Eagles.

Second, normally I wouldn't like a Friday night game, but given it's their 1st game of the season, they've had plenty of time to prepare.

Finally, it's like a mini bye after. 2 extra days to prepare for the Colts @Lambeau on Sunday the 15th.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I hope the starters are in playing shape, and hope the Eagles planted their starters too.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if it would still be a Peacock-exclusive game if it were yanked back to Philliy. Wy wife's got some scheme going to get a really cheap trial of Peacock in time for the game, but cheaper still would be if it were just a regular broadcast game.

My guess would be that Peacock would lose a ton in advertising and promotion if t's played in Philadelphia, so they probably insisted that even in the worst case, they'd still have exclusive broadcast rights.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is might be a one and done scenario with areas like Brazil. It's too bad. It would be nice seeing the game reach more people. But, safety first, and in all honesty, I wouldn't go to Brazil to watch this game if I was give free 1st class plane tickets, luxury box seats, 5-star hotel with all food, and a limo back and forth to the game. I like my games safe.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think this is might be a one and done scenario with areas like Brazil. It's too bad. It would be nice seeing the game reach more people. But, safety first, and in all honesty, I wouldn't go to Brazil to watch this game if I was give free 1st class plane tickets, luxury box seats, 5-star hotel with all food, and a limo back and forth to the game. I like my games safe.
Not so sure that playing in São Paulo is anymore dangerous than playing in Miami or some other large cities. Just need to know where to stay away from.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so sure that playing in São Paulo is anymore dangerous than playing in Miami or some other large cities. Just need to know where to stay away from.
That's true. But, there are a lot of smaller communities, and rural areas, where I wouldn't go either if I was concerned about safety. That's both abroad, and the US.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
That's true. But, there are a lot of smaller communities, and rural areas, where I wouldn't go either if I was concerned about safety. That's both abroad, and the US.
Heck I won’t even go out after Midnight where I live! As far as going abroad? I sorta see myself getting shot down in a plane as I methodically, but rapidly descend from 20,000 feet. Like the Movie Airplane. No thank you!:roflmao:
I’m totally 100% ok with watching this one from the comfort of my Recliner. With a cold drink, a bathroom without a line and the ability to machine gun posts to my friends on Packerforum in between. Thats in between me licking the barbecue sauce off my fingers. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That "Duelin' Banjos" playing in the distance make ya nervous?
Just watched Deliverance for like the 4th time a few weeks ago. A "simple" tale, but a scary one, and one that will keep me from ever exploring the northern Georgia wilderness. Have even thought about when canoeing down the Wisconsin River. After watching most of the Nicolae Miu trial, I may even stay off the Apple River.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 83, and having experienced all the things I have during my lifetime, I've turned into a very cautious person. I've been in the mountains of Tennessee, and in the bayous of Louisiana, and can tell you I've felt the chills going down my spine knowing there were those amongst them that would have loved to put a bullet in the back of my head.

That said, at my age, the mind might believe you can do certain things to defend yourself, but your body is gonna let you down.

Loved the dueling banjos, and gotta admit it. Watching the movie I kind of felt like I'd visited that area.

OOMPA Tailgate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been buzzing around here wanting to know if the NBC affiliate in Wis cities would be covering the game - I mean who in the name Of Vince or Ray would allow the game only on fookin peacock

OOMPA Tailgate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 83, and having experienced all the things I have during my lifetime, I've turned into a very cautious person. I've been in the mountains of Tennessee, and in the bayous of Louisiana, and can tell you I've felt the chills going down my spine knowing there were those amongst them that would have loved to put a bullet in the back of my head.

That said, at my age, the mind might believe you can do certain things to defend yourself, but your body is gonna let you down.

Loved the dueling banjos, and gotta admit it. Watching the movie I kind of felt like I'd visited that area.
you are not nuts at all - I feel a bond with soldiers in WW1 - no matter what side

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Heck I won’t even go out after Midnight where I live! As far as going abroad? I sorta see myself getting shot down in a plane as I methodically, but rapidly descend from 20,000 feet. Like the Movie Airplane. No thank you!:roflmao:
I’m totally 100% ok with watching this one from the comfort of my Recliner. With a cold drink, a bathroom without a line and the ability to machine gun posts to my friends on Packerforum in between. Thats in between me licking the barbecue sauce off my fingers. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it!
The sacrifice you're willing to put forth for us brought a tear to my eye ... barbecue sauce you say? :cool:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Been buzzing around here wanting to know if the NBC affiliate in Wis cities would be covering the game - I mean who in the name Of Vince or Ray would allow the game only on fookin peacock
EDITED>> "

How to Watch Packers-Eagles​

The game will air on NBC Universal’s Peacock Network. Noah Eagle will do play-by-play, former NFL quarterback Todd Blackledge will provide the analysis and Kaylee Hartung will report from the sideline.

For fans in Wisconsin, the game will air on WGBA-TV Channel 26 in Green Bay and WTMJ-TV Channel 4 in Milwaukee. That’s it.

It can also be streamed on NFL+."
https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/packers-vs-eagles-in-brazil-tv-channel-time-odds-history-01j6hyhwvxcy

ETA: Interesting phrasing in the article>>
"The Eagles allowed 35 passing touchdowns, almost second-most." Almost 2nd most?

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Milwaukee and Green Bay markets get it. I'm not sure on the rest of the state - it should be but money will win out. At least that's what I read... somewhere. Poppa is right, traditionally Milwaukee has been considered home market

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts