Brayden Narveson

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anders was oddly a roller coaster on XPs way more than field goals...I mean truthfully his field goals he was 20 for 20 under 40 yards. BUT was 7 for 13 over 40...

Anders and Narveson are truly it seems VERY similar young kickers when it comes to field goal attempts...but one thing Narveson has been pure on is XPs it seems.

I believe Carlson went 82% on fgs...Narveson is at 69%

Carlson went 4 of 8 on kicks of 40 to 49 yards and 3 of 5 on kicks of 50 + yards.

Narveson is 3 of 6 from 40 to 49 yards and has no attempts from 50+

They are similar and Narveson does seem better at xps but he doesn't have the leg that Carlson does. I suspect he wont get many if any attempts from 50 +

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Carlson went 4 of 8 on kicks of 40 to 49 yards and 3 of 5 on kicks of 50 + yards.

They are similar and Narveson does seem better at xps but he doesn't have the leg that Carlson does. I suspect he wont get many if any attempts from 50 +
IF that's the case, MLF won't trot Narvy out for 50+yd kicks then I'd MUCH rather bring back Carlson. If/when a drive stalls at the 32-40 yd line a team MUST be able to attempt 3 pt try & not say "well crap, we need some points so now we need to go for it on 4th & 7."

Carlson was perfect on FG's inside 40, and 54% over 41. Pick your poison, but GB needs to put up points & not rely on this D to bail them out with multiple TO's every game. Worst case is that MLF goes for 2 PAT more often IF Carlson struggles with them, again.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say, somewhat in defense of Narveson (not an endorsement though, lol)....If my memory serves me correct just about all of his misses have been pushed to the right.
Whereas with Anders (again, if memory serves me correct)...he was a little more scattershot, and less "consistent" with his misses, if that makes sense...

In this way you might look at the two and reasonably conclude that Narveson - who is basically always having the same kind of miss - is perhaps more "fixable." Maybe it's a simple tweak of his technique or his plant, maybe it's something to be hashed out between the snap/hold/kick setup, but if nothing else you'd like to think that a consistent miss is easier to iron out than a guy who is missing in multiple ways, know what I mean?

Like I said. Not really an endorsement of Narveson but just food for thought.

Reaction score

Narveson made several from 50+ in Preseason including a game Winning 56 yarder

Carlson is the only Kicker in history that improved his % the farther away he was. So they shipped him as far away as possible ti improve his game

Thankfully for all of you? I have been working on a contingency plan

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online