Brayden Narveson

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The width of the uprights is wider in college but the hash markers are too. Besides having a strong leg I suspect a lot of kicking is what goes on between the ears.
NFL and NCAA field goal posts are 18 feet 6 inches wide. High school posts are slightly wider at 23 feet 4 inches.

Reaction score

I still think we should’ve brought in Riley Patterson formerly of the Washington Skins. He had several closer Kicks he missed last season (pair of XPA) but he’s still 88% FG% on a good sample size and he’s not a Rookie he’s got some Experience. At minimum get him on the PS

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon McManus lawsuit was found to have insufficient evidence with his 2 s3xual assault accusations. On the field this is a no brainer. Off the field, tough to answer.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon McManus lawsuit was found to have insufficient evidence with his 2 s3xual assault accusations. On the field this is a no brainer. Off the field, tough to answer.

It really isn't on the field even.

He's never hit more than 86% of his field goals in his ten year career...and only beat 85% three times.

50+ yarders he is only at 54.8% and 40+ yarders he is at 70.4%

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair this would still be a marked upgrade for us thus far. Even accounting for the limited time Narveson has been with us...had he made his kicks at McManus' career rate (~81%), that would account for approximately ~6 more points made for us. And depending on where those points were to fall could be the difference between 2-2, 3-1, or even 4-0 if we're lucky.

That said though I don't care to wade into a debate about the guy but I'll just leave it with saying...I do not think it would be wise at all to fill a position that has created some on-field drama for us with a guy who would be coming in with his own off-field drama/controversy/etc. Rather try to avoid drawing any more spotlight/attention to our kicker position as it is.

In any case though it does sound like they're at least looking for competition there, having brought in a couple of kickers for workouts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
40+ yarders he is at 70.4%
I could be wrong, but I think you are including 50 yd+ tries in that percentage? I am showing that from 40-49 he has a lifetime 86% make rate. For comparison, Justin Tucker has a 89% make rate from 40-49.

That said though I don't care to wade into a debate about the guy but I'll just leave it with saying...I do not think it would be wise at all to fill a position that has created some on-field drama for us with a guy who would be coming in with his own off-field drama/controversy/etc. Rather try to avoid drawing any more spotlight/attention to our kicker position as it is.

I definitely think McManus could be an upgrade over Narveson, but I agree with you. No sense bringing more outside drama into a position that is already under the drama microscope.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think you are including 50 yd+ tries in that percentage? I am showing that from 40-49 he has a lifetime 86% make rate. For comparison, Justin Tucker has a 89% make rate from 40-49.

I definitely think McManus could be an upgrade over Narveson, but I agree with you. No sense bringing more outside drama into a position that is already under the drama microscope.

Correct 40+ yarders would be all field goals of 40 and beyond.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Chad Rylan worked out in GB and the following day Arizona signed him to their PS the next day.

Smart move by Arizona, have a young kicker on your PS in case your main guy (Matt Prater) goes down. Of course, unless the Cardinals protect him, he could be poached by another team.

I can't stress this enough, if kicking FG's was so "easy", the NFL would be packed with really good Kickers, with a waiting line from GB to San Diego.

Reaction score
Smart move by Arizona, have a young kicker on your PS in case your main guy (Matt Prater) goes down. Of course, unless the Cardinals protect him, he could be poached by another team.

I can't stress this enough, if kicking FG's was so "easy", the NFL would be packed with really good Kickers, with a waiting line from GB to San Diego.
Amen. I believe it’s also strategy. No coincidence we play Arizona next weekend. They didn’t want us pulling a Malik Willis on them at Kicker.

The Cardinals (1-3) play us the following week. A 1-5 hole would be devastating to crawl out of. They need to Win 1 of the next 2 games at minimum.
49ers
Packers

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Amen. I believe it’s also strategy. No coincidence we play Arizona next weekend. They didn’t want us pulling a Malik Willis on them at Kicker.

I wish we could poach Matt Prater from them. ;) He is perfect on FG's (6 of 6) and on XP's so far this year. The 40 year old has even kicked a 57 yarder.

I doubt the Cardinals would be all that concerned if the Packers poached Chad Ryland, unless his signing to their PS was due to a Prader injury. Guessing if the Packers approached Ryland and said "the starting job is yours", if he isn't protected, he would sign with the Packers.

The Cardinals (1-3) play us the following week. A 1-5 hole would be devastating to crawl out of. They need to Win 1 of the next 2 games at minimum.
49ers
Packers

Interesting idea and tying our thoughts together in a neat little bow. If the Cardinals approach the trade deadline, knowing 2024 is a lost season for them, would they consider trading Prater to the Packers for a 6th or 7th rounder?

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All that matters is that the Packers find it harder to replace Crosby than HoF QBs (plural)...a good problem but still really freaking annoying!
This is what I have to remind myself...a lot of teams find themselves in QB purgatory or unable to put together a decent OL, develop pass-catchers, etc...
If we can do pretty dang good at those positions and struggle to replace a kicker...that's certainly better than the alternative

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we could poach Matt Prater from them. ;) He is perfect on FG's (6 of 6) and on XP's so far this year. The 40 year old has even kicked a 57 yarder.

I doubt the Cardinals would be all that concerned if the Packers poached Chad Ryland, unless his signing to their PS was due to a Prader injury. Guessing if the Packers approached Ryland and said "the starting job is yours", if he isn't protected.
Prater sat out of practice, yesterday, with a plant-leg (left) knee "injury". No mention of severity, but Ryland is an insurance policy should he miss the game this weekend.

Reaction score
Interesting idea and tying our thoughts together in a neat little bow. If the Cardinals approach the trade deadline, knowing 2024 is a lost season for them, would they consider trading Prater to the Packers for a 6th or 7th rounder?
It would absolutely be a phone call. M
and Here’s the Kicker
Just imagine if we knocked the Lions out of Postseason with their old Kicker. :whistling:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

49ers
Packers
And they will not get it this week if you notice our predictions.

Members online

Latest posts