Boys stud and dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud is whoever the guy was on the last play of the game who picked up the ball like it was incomplete and got it knocked out of his hands and let the laterals continue.
I just rewatched it multiple times...I'm not completely clear on the rule, but it did appear that the play should have still been live at the point you reference. It was Nick Perry BTW. Perry picked up the ball and began walking as if the play was over and so did most other players. When Perry had the ball knocked out of his band, even most of the Cowboy players had already stopped playing, but I don't think there was any reason to stop play at that point. The ball was thrown backwards and hit the ground which I believe is still a live ball. Perry picked it up but should have secured it by hitting the dirt.... he didn't.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A remarkable win........Seems like the Cowboys really dominated the game. Probably Randall's interception was the game changer.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that was Perry. Got the ball on the last play and then just stood there like he was holding a loaf of bread when the play was still live. He was indeed charged with a fumble and turnover for that.

He also had two costly offsides penalties during the game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today is a prime example of why # of Super Bowl victories doesn't define the best player/quarterback. Aaron Rodgers is simply the best total package that's ever lined up behind center. It is such an absolute treat watching this man at the peak of his powers.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Jones be #1 RB after Monty returns ?
I don't think he will yet but if he keeps playing like this they will mix it up quite a bit he isn't a power runner so he similar to Monty but with his production they can let Monty fully heal but u never know it's just nice to see a 100 yd rusher cuz all gb does is pass and this can help them down the road especially with the play action but Rodgers loves him and he is gonna play and get touches regardless of him being number 1 or 2 u can bet on that

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also. The last play of the game. The bruiser olineman got the fumble and started running again. After the play was dead I believe. But here comes #52!!! Sacrificed the body and came in to stick the big guy... Mathews stuck him all right. But he looked shell shocked laying flat backed on the field. Lol
He may have shortened his career. Lol but he earned an attaboy for that one. :)

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will yet but if he keeps playing like this they will mix it up quite a bit he isn't a power runner so he similar to Monty but with his production they can let Monty fully heal but u never know it's just nice to see a 100 yd rusher cuz all gb does is pass and this can help them down the road especially with the play action but Rodgers loves him and he is gonna play and get touches regardless of him being number 1 or 2 u can bet on that

Buy some punctuation.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been the rally cry of Capers' supporters for the last 6 years.

Between Matthews, Perry, Daniels, and HHCD, there is actually a pretty good amount of talent on D. Martinez has had a nice breakout season. Brooks was a nice addition, and although King got hurt, him and Jones look like nice potential talents.

This may come as a shock to Capers' supporters but there are some successful defenses out there who don't have an All-Pro player at every single position.
And many of those are teams who are playing last place schedules. Meanwhile, in five weeks we have re-played the NFC playoffs from last year. This team is going to be battle hardened by playoff time.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Jones
Adams
Lane Taylor playing just as well or better than Bakh. Bakh has his usual 1-2 flags a game.
Duds:
Refs
Aikman. You could hear him hesitate talking about Bakh. Then they show him on the sideline. Guy is a joke.
Clay Mathews is an idiot. That guy over pursues every play or sits and plays Patty cake.
Entire defense. No matter how long it's on 3rd down. This defense will find a way to give up a first down.
Corey Linsley was awful. How many short snaps did he have?
Crosby made them change game plan by missing twice.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the best QB of all time
I want to watch Undisputed this morning to see what the troll Skip Bayless has to say about the Cowboys loss. Here is my prediction: Instead of talking about the loss, he will repeatedly emphasize "I thought that Dak Prescott outplayed the great Aaron Rodgers". Bayless seems to favor the QB rating stat over the passer rating stat. Prescott had a better QBR, while Rodgers had a better passer rating. Whatever. Rodgers is 6-2 against Dallas, that's all I care about.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Martinez
Jones
Adams
Randall (yes really)

Duds
The cowboys for giving ARod over a minute ahaha

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to watch Undisputed this morning to see what the troll Skip Bayless has to say about the Cowboys loss. Here is my prediction: Instead of talking about the loss, he will repeatedly emphasize "I thought that Dak Prescott outplayed the great Aaron Rodgers". Bayless seems to favor the QB rating stat over the passer rating stat. Prescott had a better QBR, while Rodgers had a better passer rating. Whatever. Rodgers is 6-2 against Dallas, that's all I care about.

Not sure he will in this case, to his credit on Twitter he said after the game: "Way to go, Aaron. Today you were just too good. So was your new Aaron. Congratulations."

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Any Packer named 'Aaron'.

Duds: Dallas second-half defense.

Go Pack Go!

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Lane Taylor playing just as well or better than Bakh. Bakh has his usual 1-2 flags a game.

Bakhtiari grades out as one of the best lt in football. Re-watch the early sack Taylor gave up to see the difference. Taylor is still a stud to me but to say he is on Bahk level is wrong. And Bahk got called for 5 penalties that were accepted for 40 yards last year. He had 2 that weren't accepted. So he has less than a flag per every 2 games...

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Rodgers, Jones, Adams, oline, and 2nd half defense - gave up 10 while scoring 7 without some key pieces.
Duds - first half d, fans who seem obsessed with the negatives after an awesome game like that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari grades out as one of the best lt in football. Re-watch the early sack Taylor gave up to see the difference. Taylor is still a stud to me but to say he is on Bahk level is wrong. And Bahk got called for 5 penalties that were accepted for 40 yards last year. He had 2 that weren't accepted. So he has less than a flag per every 2 games...
Taylor is doing fine, but him back at guard and bakhT back at tackle makes this OLine much better. it shores up the outside and the inside of our offensive line tremendously. Linsley could use some help next to him these days it seems.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
i know its dud pick time but i will instead give all packers a stud on this one. this was maybe the best game the nfl had this year. and the # of packers fan there was so great

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't even trying to say they were good.

Once again, on the last drive, their line was just beating ours. And anytime a WR is wide open deep, someone got beat (Randall on that specific play).

How do you differentiate between a mistake by Capers and a bad player mistake? Or is anything that doesn't work Capers fault?

I was trying to get you to point out what Capers should have done differently.

Another instance of someone blaming Capers without being able to point out much about what he should have done differently.

I've been a long time Capers apologist but plenty of DCs have been able to do more with less talent. IMO Capers is the Mike Martz of defense, his schemes and designs are brilliant but too complicated and overly wrought to succeed on the field. Why were our Dbs constantly playing outside leverage without inside help? Why not force Dak to try and make lower percentage touch passes on the outside?

There's also the issue of putting a defense in a position to succeed. That entire last drive he ran a 24 nickel even against heavier Cowboy sets and the result was predictable they just ran right over us. If you have the clock running down take the run away and make them beat you through the air. The only thing that those light sets accomplished was to give our offense the minimum amount of time to score on the ensuing possession. His schematic design on that drive was pack up your things you're done here worthy, besides what his nickel failed to deliver against the run was not offset by it's play against the pass. I would have countered their two TE sets with a base 34 D, if they pass on us they pass on us but atleast take away the run. Also with 34 DE it's easier to bring pressure from different directions when they do pass. On the last Cowboys possession either Dom was breathtakingly incompetent or he was on the take, I'm inclined to believe the former.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine, he should. Everyone else is playing their natural position and he's playing the most important position on the line for only the 2nd time in his entire life. I'm not advocating he stay there when BakhT gets back. I didn't see the first half, but I felt most of the disruptive pressure came up the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.