Boys stud and dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense was beaten badly. A lucky INT which bounced off the receiver's hands made the difference. They gave up a game winning TD, once again, and let nearly 9 minutes run off the clock in the process. Dallas could run at will, they could throw at will. And they are pretty fortunate that Beasley and Dak didn't connect down the field on that last drive, as he somehow got wide open.

I'm not sure how you couldn't see how awful they were. I may have mentioned something which only happened a couple of times, but the point is Capers is bad.

I wasn't even trying to say they were good.

Once again, on the last drive, their line was just beating ours. And anytime a WR is wide open deep, someone got beat (Randall on that specific play).

How do you differentiate between a mistake by Capers and a bad player mistake? Or is anything that doesn't work Capers fault?

I was trying to get you to point out what Capers should have done differently.

Another instance of someone blaming Capers without being able to point out much about what he should have done differently.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a player can be both a stud and a dud ....

It'd have to be Demarius Randall. I was ready to rail on him after Dez beat him for that TD but then that pick 6 .... Well we don't win this game without that

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers' d fence does not have the talent to lock up dallas, not capers fault

This has been the rally cry of Capers' supporters for the last 6 years.

Between Matthews, Perry, Daniels, and HHCD, there is actually a pretty good amount of talent on D. Martinez has had a nice breakout season. Brooks was a nice addition, and although King got hurt, him and Jones look like nice potential talents.

This may come as a shock to Capers' supporters but there are some successful defenses out there who don't have an All-Pro player at every single position.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dud not mentioned yet. Going for two to try and go up by......6 points...Why?? Kick the damn extra point *yeah I know he missed 2 already, but go up by 5, that way if Dallas scores a TD, which they did, you are only down by 2 points and a FG wins it.

Stud already mentioned......Aaron Jones. The guy looked legit today! One game, but he was making cuts, finding holes and doing what no other Packer RB has done in awhile, make yards out of nothing. Keep playing him and when Monty is FULLY healthy, sub him in occasionally.

H

HardRightEdge

Forgoing the obvious, I'd say Matthews had a pretty good game. I liked how they dropped him into coverage in the 2nd. half since nobody else, once again, seems to be able to cover the short middle.

I continue to be disappointed with Clinton-Dix's play. He got smoked on that big gainer on Dallas's first possession, and week after week he just doesn't make any plays. I don't count a sub-standard QB airmailing a ball into his breadbasket as making a play.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You go for 6 because at 5 or 6 they need a TD at that point. If you kick and get 5, they can win with a TD with us at 4 or 5. If we have 6, they have to get the PAT as well to win. They aren't gimmies anymore.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud not mentioned yet. Going for two to try and go up by......6 points...Why?? Kick the damn extra point *yeah I know he missed 2 already, but go up by 5, that way if Dallas scores a TD, which they did, you are only down by 2 points and a FG wins it.

Stud already mentioned......Aaron Jones. The guy looked legit today! One game, but he was making cuts, finding holes and doing what no other Packer RB has done in awhile, make yards out of nothing. Keep playing him and when Monty is FULLY healthy, sub him in occasionally.

Dallas wouldn't have just kicked the XP to make it a 2 point game, that would have made no sense. They would have tried for 2 to either go up 1 or 3.

The percentages chart says to go for 2 in that situation. Someone is going for 2, either them or us. Do you have more confidence in the defense stopping one, or the offense converting one? I know which one I would pick.

Should have had it really. Rodgers just flat out missed the throw.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: everyone...even Randall
duds: no one

the D was on the field A LOT!! no King. can't complain except i wish we would jam folks at the line but i say that every week (Dom).

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You go for 6 because at 5 or 6 they need a TD at that point. If you kick and get 5, they can win with a TD with us at 4 or 5. If we have 6, they have to get the PAT as well to win. They aren't gimmies anymore.
They may not be gimmies, but we're talking about Dan Bailey at home. Should have took the extra point.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 78

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense just does not have the talent to lock up a dallas offense

King went out in the 1st quarter, Burnett went out, Daniels obviously not 100%. Brice went out first play of game. Thinking that had a lot to do with defense problems.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: all the studs have been covered, but I will add Bennett, came through with clutch catch,Mc Carthy saw him show fire and coached a decent game,I’ll give Randall a stud for INT but you will see him on dud list also...

Duds: officials really questionable call first quarter,
Dbacks, need better coverage and3rd down stops, dodged a big one when Beasley was over thrown down the middle.
Randall, TD was nice/ maturity could go with it..
TD celebration (really?) I like the Lambeau leap better..
Mason (your still the guy) but!! don’t make McCarthy go for 2 all the time..

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may not be gimmies, but we're talking about Dan Bailey at home. Should have took the extra point.

Once again, if we had 'taken' the XP (which obviously is no gimmee), Dallas would have done the same thing after they scored, gone for 2 to either go up 3 or 1.

Which are you more confident in, our offense converting a 2 pt play, or our defense stopping one?

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron effing Rodgers....he is a baaaaaaaaaaaaad man
Aaron Jones
Martellus Bennett
Davante Adams
Blake Martinez
CM3
Really liked what I saw if josh Hawkins and kentrall Brice as well

Duds:
Defense working as a cohesive unit
Did we really miss Kevin King?

Did we miss Kevin King? Seriously? You liked what you saw of Brice? He turned an ankle very early.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we could get Jordy wide open in the endzone like that every time, they should always go for two.

For me, the execution was worse than the decision to go for two.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a player can be both a stud and a dud ....

It'd have to be Demarius Randall. I was ready to rail on him after Dez beat him for that TD but then that pick 6 .... Well we don't win this game without that

That's true, but the ball was tipped right to him. Wasn't anything particularly special about the play. Then his immaturity/stupidity afterwards got him a personal foul penalty. He has some skills, but what a head case.

H

HardRightEdge

That's true, but the ball was tipped right to him. Wasn't anything particularly special about the play. Then his immaturity/stupidity afterwards got him a personal foul penalty. He has some skills, but what a head case.
Agreed. But the coverage on Bryant wasn't bad either.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Once again, if we had 'taken' the XP (which obviously is no gimmee), Dallas would have done the same thing after they scored, gone for 2 to either go up 3 or 1.

Which are you more confident in, our offense converting a 2 pt play, or our defense stopping one?
You make a fair point, but I'm the kind that is going to make the opposing offense have to make an extra play. Force them to try to get 8 points which is more difficult than getting 7.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really don't understand NFL personal foul penalties.

Coaches can scream fu**** bull*** at officials, but Randall can't flip a ball at Prescott? These aren't elementary kids that will cry if someone taunts slightly.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud is whoever the guy was on the last play of the game who picked up the ball like it was incomplete and got it knocked out of his hands and let the laterals continue.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud is whoever the guy was on the last play of the game who picked up the ball like it was incomplete and got it knocked out of his hands and let the laterals continue.
Yes, nick perry certainly appeared to be on quaaludes at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.