Bakhtiari to Jets?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the feel the officiating will have a Jets bias this season. More late hits / roughing QB, defensive holding and fewer OPI.
It's what follows guys like Rodgers and Brady around. Can't have the seat-fillers, TV viewership magnets, getting sidelined by injuries. It hurts the bottom line.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you'd have to assume they'd ask for the first to be guaranteed, and at least a 2nd rounder plus maybe a player in return if Bak goes that way.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm rather befuddled by Jets management. Everyone's saying how great they've been. All I'm seeing is the assembly of Philadelphia dream team 2.0. I'm more than a little skeptical on the Jets. I'm smelling a 7-10 season out of them though I'd prefer a 5-12 year actually.
The AFC East and the AFC in general is tough sledding. Even a good team will have to fight for a playoff spot.

Reaction score
The AFC East and the AFC in general is tough sledding. Even a good team will have to fight for a playoff spot.
Most years there’s like 4-5 legit SB caliber teams leaguewide.
There’s that many in the AFC alone in 2023
Buffalo
Bengals
KC
Chargers
Jacksonville/Jets/Ravens (honorable mention)

Reaction score
Chargers! LOL.
Their 1 point loss on on Wilcard weekend was a total fluke. Largest comeback in Jacksonville comeback history and largest comeback win with a -5 turnover differential. Sometimes the better team loses.

Don’t be fooled by their #5 seed rating and Uber early 1 point exit from postseason. They should’ve been playing K.C. in post season last playoffs. The Chargers 2 losses to K.C. Were by a total of 6 points (3 per contest).
The Chargers are arguably the 3rd best team in the AFC and went toe to toe with K.C. down to the wire (2X) and we all know good n well who was boss last year. If Captain were here he’d tell us how K.C. Played prevent and let LA hang around on purpose. Lol

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Their 1 point loss on on Wilcard weekend was a total fluke. Largest comeback in Jacksonville comeback history and largest comeback win with a -5 turnover differential. Sometimes the better team loses.

Don’t be fooled by their #5 seed rating and Uber early 1 point exit from postseason. They should’ve been playing K.C. in post season last playoffs. The Chargers 2 losses to K.C. Were by a total of 6 points (3 per contest).
The Chargers are arguably the 3rd best team in the AFC and went toe to toe with K.C. down to the wire (2X) and we all know good n well who was boss last year. If Captain were here he’d tell us how K.C. Played prevent and let LA hang around on purpose. Lol

The Chargers are a hapless, pathetic franchise. They will always find a way to screw up.

Reaction score
I think the Jets are also going to be much better than some expect. One of the most unassuming moves this FA (overshadowed by QB talk) was bringing on Adrian Amos and Chuck Clark. Clark was a steal for a 7th round trade and Amos might’ve had a down year in GB, but I expect him to bounce back a little.That doesn’t even give proper consideration to Will McDonald IV who is looking like he could give very early returns very early on. They are loaded on Defense. I’ll be watching WM4 he’s been a beast so far.
I think the Jets better their ranking both on Offense AND Defense. Top #18 Offense/
top #5 Defense. Even if the Jets Offense takes some time, they’ll be in nearly every game into the 4th quarter. This won’t be the Jets we’re accustomed and they’ll be competing with Buffalo for that division. The only thing is Packer fans can hope for is the Jets lose the close ones down that brutal mid-season schedule.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We get to play them this season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict Bakh doesn't play any of our turf games this year:

That means:

November 23rd at Detroit
December 11th at New York (Giants)
December 24th at Carolina
December 31st at Minnesota

What will suck is if entering the homestretch of the season we have the NFC North Division as a real chance of ownership......and we face this many turf games in that time....

FTR since his knee tear in 2020....he's played one complete game on turf...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if he is just choosing not to play on turf, but if so he shouldn't be paid on those days either. Do these guys expect ATL, NO, MIN, etc just to build outdoor fields?
He may have an active game bonus clause like many do now.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't know if he is just choosing not to play on turf, but if so he shouldn't be paid on those days either. Do these guys expect ATL, NO, MIN, etc just to build outdoor fields?
I'm thinking he does think that. He should just retire if he no longer wishes to expose himself to a game he knew full damn well, from peewee on, is a "collision" sport. He still wants to be paid like a man earning his keep though.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFluer got outright short and angry when asked about it saying he cannot talk about it...You are the head coach MLF and responsible for answering injury questions. If he wouldve said nonchalantly that 69 had swelling in his knee it would be different, but...he got hot about it when asked - to me this points to Bakhtiari refusing to play on turf. Please oh please tell me this is not the case. If it is Bakh needs to be shown the door immediately

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFluer got outright short and angry when asked about it saying he cannot talk about it...You are the head coach MLF and responsible for answering injury questions. If he wouldve said nonchalantly that 69 had swelling in his knee it would be different, but...he got hot about it when asked - to me this points to Bakhtiari refusing to play on turf. Please oh please tell me this is not the case. If it is Bakh needs to be shown the door immediately
Actually, MLF finally came out today and said Bahk DID have swelling prior to the game. He further said that if the game was at Lambeau he would have been held out as well. We should have been told that earlier. And as such this is horrific news. It means Bahk will never heal so long as he tries to play football. Many an athlete suffers recurrent swelling after surgery. But when it is this long that means it is time to pack it in. This is symptomatic of a geriatric with arthritic knees and ankles. Back in 2005 Center Mike Flanagan after just a few games realized that he was toast. In 1996 he suffered a horrific knee and leg injury in preseason and made a remarkable comeback a few years later. But it when it was time he gave it up.

Reaction score
I'm skeptical personally....too many indicators since 2020 that turf games he just doesn't play. I again hope I'm 100% wrong...and honestly we will never know most likely.
I agree. It’s too much a coincidence he’s out for all the turf games. I’ve heard of turf toe but he’s got turf knee and turf brain!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm skeptical personally....too many indicators since 2020 that turf games he just doesn't play. I again hope I'm 100% wrong...and honestly we will never know most likely.
The knee swelled up again after the Bear game. He had not practiced since August 30. Apparently, his knee cannot handle playing a full 4 quarter game or a full season week to week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, MLF finally came out today and said Bahk DID have swelling prior to the game. He further said that if the game was at Lambeau he would have been held out as well. We should have been told that earlier. And as such this is horrific news. It means Bahk will never heal so long as he tries to play football. Many an athlete suffers recurrent swelling after surgery. But when it is this long that means it is time to pack it in. This is symptomatic of a geriatric with arthritic knees and ankles. Back in 2005 Center Mike Flanagan after just a few games realized that he was toast. In 1996 he suffered a horrific knee and leg injury in preseason and made a remarkable comeback a few years later. But it when it was time he gave it up.
We have no legal right to know health issues of players

Members online

Latest posts