Bakhtiari to Jets?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LaFluer got outright short and angry when asked about it saying he cannot talk about it...You are the head coach MLF and responsible for answering injury questions. If he wouldve said nonchalantly that 69 had swelling in his knee it would be different, but...he got hot about it when asked - to me this points to Bakhtiari refusing to play on turf. Please oh please tell me this is not the case. If it is Bakh needs to be shown the door immediately
We have No legal right to know if the player says shut up on my health

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have No legal right to know if the player says shut up on my health
the way he got hot showed anger. something is awry sorry to say. Either MLF is frustrated with a player refusing to play on turf and using swelling as a front..or...frustrated that a great player cannot go anymore so much so that he literally almost blows his top? Just struck me as odd.

Reaction score
the way he got hot showed anger. something is awry sorry to say. Either MLF is frustrated with a player refusing to play on turf and using swelling as a front..or...frustrated that a great player cannot go anymore so much so that he literally almost blows his top? Just struck me as odd.
Interesting. I didn’t watch that interview. Some people don’t hide their emotions well but it’s ok they often help us determine what’s going on by their body talk.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know hockey is not the subject here but one of the greatest players of all time in that sport was Bobby Orr who at 18 spent 10 seasons with the Boston Bruins winning two Stanley Cups. He had gone through multiple knee surgeries and kept getting forced into action. The Bruins decide to trade him to Chicago for fear he could not perform. After a limited preseason Chicago put him on the ice for home games for the fans but kept him from going on the road. His knees would swell every time he played just one game. After several months of this Orr humbly retired. The story goes that he did not cash a single check paid to him in that short period. A similar athlete of that era was the infamous Bill Buckner who went under the knife on both knees plenty of times. Come the late 80s he would pack a big ice chest on road trips, fill it up at the hotel, and after games he would plunge both legs into it. Players love what they do but as they say, " The spirit is filling but the flesh is just too weak. "

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm skeptical personally....too many indicators since 2020 that turf games he just doesn't play. I again hope I'm 100% wrong...and honestly we will never know most likely.
If he plays in every game starting next week until December, and he avoids the Packers' 3 games on turf that month, then we'll know.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Kenny Ruetgers retire mid-season?
He actually did. He was not able to start at the beginning of the 1996 season. Pack was looking forward to getting him back. They activated him for the Cowboy game when we were 8-2. We were without Freeman, Brooks, and Chmura that game and Ruetgers got mauled. He retired the next day. His body could not do it any longer. Pack finished the season with Bruce Wilkerson at LT.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he plays in every game starting next week until December, and he avoids the Packers' 3 games on turf that month, then we'll know.
FTR I think he mixes in a grass one in there somewhere if this is true. He isn't dumb :) LOL

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think maybe MLF was frustrated with the loss, no? Certainly, he's not happy Bakh couldn't play, but if he hasn't been frustrated at Joe Barry after multiple seasons of being awful then getting frustrated at one of the best LTs in the league seems like really poor evaluation skills.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that we are all reading the tea leaves accurately. It's probably a combination of Bahktiari exploding on the NFL over turf fields and then having to defend his position by not playing. There was probably also a real fear about his knee on turf. Elgton tore his knee on turf against the Vikings, and then tweaked it again on turf against the Falcons. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it likely emboldens Bahktiari's feelings about turf.

LaFleur getting heated about it shows his frustration of both the game, and that probably Bahktiari not playing may have been just enough to lose a tight game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Bahktiari, its more than just the turf. He also isn't practicing on grass. Lafleur could've just said in the press conference after the game, that Bahktiari is sitting out turf games and practice due to knee swelling. The fact he became angry leads me to believe that its more than just a medical issue and he may be questioning his commitment. If that's true, which we don't know, then he needs to be traded immediately since a lack of commitment becomes a cancer on a team. If the knee is frequently swelling, then his sitting out the last game makes some sense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Bahktiari, its more than just the turf. He also isn't practicing on grass. Lafleur could've just said in the press conference after the game, that Bahktiari is sitting out turf games and practice due to knee swelling. The fact he became angry leads me to believe that its more than just a medical issue and he may be questioning his commitment. If that's true, which we don't know, then he needs to be traded immediately since a lack of commitment becomes a cancer on a team. If the knee is frequently swelling, then his sitting out the last game makes some sense.

Isn't the Hudson Center turf?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are so right! I wish we knew why Aaron Rodgers was not suited up Sunday in Dallas. But I guess we shall never know.

When Bak was having all those issue with knee? Were we ever made aware of the true issue?

Rodgers hurt knee vs Charger game. 2017?...his play suffered.

They didn't list his knee all season but end of season he had surgery.

Gee why didn't we know??

Regardless of what happened to Rodgers. The general public has no right to know if the player says zip it

Which I belive you know, but wanted to be a d I c k

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Bak was having all those issue with knee? Were we ever made aware of the true issue?

Rodgers hurt knee vs Charger game. 2017?...his play suffered.

They didn't list his knee all season but end of season he had surgery.

Gee why didn't we know??

Regardless of what happened to Rodgers. The general public has no right to know if the player says zip it

Which I belive you know, but wanted to be a d I c k
And the general public never knew the serious nature of FDR's health either. And then one fine day they were told, " The President has died. " Hope we will not be in for any surprises.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as if Lafluer being frustrated with Barry - this is all MLF's own doing for hanging onto him beyond last season. Blind loyalty got McCarthy his walking papers - MLF needs to take a look at the past and see that you just cannot go down that road again.
Some in media are trying to lighten the blame on Barry. And yes, some players botched up even when in position. And the TOP wore our D down. However, going into a game like this wouldn't you try to put the effort into stopping the run and making Ridder beat you? There is no Julio Jones or Tony Gonzalez running pass patterns. Our secondary may not be the best but they are adequate enough. We put the focus on Fields last week. Why did we not put it on Robinson and put more in the box? Now this week we have no Kamara. We have Hill and Carr. How will we key?

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the general public never knew the serious nature of FDR's health either. And then one fine day they were told, " The President has died. " Hope we will not be in for any surprises.
You're not saying we should be expecting an "And David Bakhtiari has died" announcement, I hope. :)

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I quite like Bakh, and in general I think it’s not great practice to try and assess someone’s mentality/motivation/etc from afar, but I don’t know. More and more feels like we should’ve made it work to move on before this season. Beyond lingering injury concerns I find myself wondering just how much his heart’s in it at the moment…. Or if perhaps his best friend no longer being on the team with him is having a bigger impact than expected. Hard to say for sure, just speculating, but I dunno…

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I quite like Bakh, and in general I think it’s not great practice to try and assess someone’s mentality/motivation/etc from afar, but I don’t know. More and more feels like we should’ve made it work to move on before this season. Beyond lingering injury concerns I find myself wondering just how much his heart’s in it at the moment…. Or if perhaps his best friend no longer being on the team with him is having a bigger impact than expected. Hard to say for sure, just speculating, but I dunno…
Have to say it. You are correct. I believe if they had not invested all they had in Bahk at the time he would have been gone. As talented as he is he will be damaged goods for whatever time he has left as a player. And football does not use designated hitters, pinch hitters, or bull pen closers. If Bahk were a long snapper he could last. But at a tiny % of what he makes now.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am in that same boat. He has seen how the organization and fans have reacted to the Packers trading Rodgers away. Given his bond with Aaron, I think he has mixed feelings to say the least. Bahk isn't the first player in the NFL to get a huge contract and not live up to it, nor will he be the last. Guaranteed money has helped to ruin this game for me, but that's just me.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am in that same boat. He has seen how the organization and fans have reacted to the Packers trading Rodgers away. Given his bond with Aaron, I think he has mixed feelings to say the least. Bahk isn't the first player in the NFL to get a huge contract and not live up to it, nor will he be the last. Guaranteed money has helped to ruin this game for me, but that's just me.

Of course he has mixed feelings, Im sure a lot of the players do. But he's plenty smart enough to know how things work. Love is good and young and he has a chance to be special. Unlike us, Bakh got to see Love practice against the #1 defense. Im quite sure he understands the cycle. And hed be glad to be a part of Loves transition from good to great.

He very likely just wants to be healthy...cant blame him for that, and if sitting out a game on turf helps his chances of being available for the rest. I guess it is what it is. Not ideal but the best case scenario

First choice id have Bakh ushering in the Love era for a couple seasons. Reality is this is his last season in Gb. If the choices are trade him at the deadline this season or release him in the off season. Then you gotta trade him now. If you think you can trade him in the off season ahead of the draft, obviously you do that

Members online