Bakhtiari to Jets?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see them doing it, though crazier things have happened. Every benefit to the Packers also applies to the Jets. The Jets are already short a 1 or 2, I can't see them giving up both.

Every downside to the Packers also applies to the Jets. Why should they spend so much for a player who might be a 1 year rental?
The Jets and the Packers have much different expectations this year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Jets and the Packers have much different expectations this year.
Not so sure about that. I believe that Packers staff and management feel that a playoff is a distinct possibility. At least I hope they do.
It would appear to me that the Jets have a tougher road to the playoffs than the Packers do.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. I believe that Packers staff and management feel that a playoff is a distinct possibility. At least I hope they do.
It would appear to me that the Jets have a tougher road to the playoffs than the Packers do.
I agree. I don't believe the Packers are throwing in the towel.They're going to scramble for every win they can get. As far as schedule, I agree that the division we play in offers less competition than that which the Jets are in. New England, Miami, and Buffalo sound and look a lot tougher than Detroit, Minnesota, and Chicago.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This, in my opinion, is the best route. They aren't going to panic because some prognosticators throw out a few "what ifs."

Reaction score
If my interpretation of all these fantastic points are correct, we’d be better off just holding Bak because we’re paying him either way. I understand saving 2Mil but if Bak plays just 9-10 contests he’s worth 6X that number. Someone would have to pony up a top 50 area draft collateral value, for an injured specimen. So sorry Bak! Unpack your suitcase once again you’re staying with pa pa packers. Either that or I’ll trade you for #50 overall draft value and you keep the $2mil change but carry anything he’s owed past 2023.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Jets are going all-in on a Super Bowl. If the Packers front office and coaches think they are competing for a Super Bowl then they are, and I say this with patronizing love, completely insane.

Reaction score
The Jets are going all-in on a Super Bowl. If the Packers front office and coaches think they are competing for a Super Bowl then they are, and I say this with patronizing love, completely insane.
Insane in the Membrane! :p
I guess anything can happen, but winning the SB this year would be like being down 45-17 with 6:30 minutes left in the 4th Qtr and we’re starting from inside the 20 and our last play we burned a Timeout to avoid a delay of game infraction :poop:

Last edited:
Reaction score
With Mr. MaGoo under center.
Nobody could’ve ever guessed that Rodgers would signal the most prophetic and meaningful play call in NFL history.. .

NY Bozo! NY Bozo! :laugh:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree and which makes me wonder just how bad their o-line depth is. This team sounds to me like a potential catastrophe in the making which would make me giggle uncontrollably for several reasons.
Although the Jets smothered us last year they did not exactly light it up. It was 3-3 at halftime. A blocked FG, a fumble, and a blocked punt had nothing to do with their O line. Dalvin Cook and company still need someone to block for them.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, what kind of quality replacement can you find for roughly $2 mill to take his place, even if he only played part time?
Leave a spot for anyone already in camp. This is penciled in as a development year anyway.
Someone would have to pony up a top 50 area draft collateral value,
Doubt it. I'd take a late day 2 for an oft injured, won't play enough for post season honors LT. Next year we'd get less. Same issue with AR12 last season. Waited one year too long for a basket load of return.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right to a point. It's over $2 mill we'd create in savings this year. We'd lose the roughly $19 mill next year. But we also have to pay him the $19 mill this year. That doesn't disappear.

Now, what kind of quality replacement can you find for roughly $2 mill to take his place, even if he only played part time?

Reality is, you don't trade him this year. If you can, during the upcoming offseason, fine. At least you might get a cup of coffee for him. Now? You won't get anything. He's damaged property. He needs to heal enough and play enough, to at least make him trade bait.

You don't trade him this year. It makes absolutely no sense, and those "writers" who purport to be experts advocating it are insane.

But, that's just my opinion. Who am I to rain on anyone's Alice in Wonderland Parade. ;)
Hey you...my name is TANYA
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Leave a spot for anyone already in camp. This is penciled in as a development year anyway.

Doubt it. I'd take a late day 2 for an oft injured, won't play enough for post season honors LT. Next year we'd get less. Same issue with AR12 last season. Waited one year too long for a basket load of return.
While I agree he has had recent injury concerns, when he’s on that field we’re instantly better. So it’s not like his injury makes him a poor player. It’s more about availability than performance.

We know David played 55% of the total O snaps last season after some questions about a slow return. From recent reports he’s on schedule to play more this year and teams wouldn’t be calling if he was that bad. If David plays just 75% of snaps (estimate) he’s worth that $19mil. The Packers already have some questions at OL ourselves, why create more questions for a possible 3rd Rounder? We’d probably get 4-6th Rounder if he walks in FA simply because some team will go after a 5 time All Pro for fair $$$.
Davids current status is he’ll start most games and his salary will still be moderately good and Tackles can easily play into their mid 30’s. I’m not suggesting extending just yet until we analyze him this season. I’d try to get my $19mil out of him these next 1-2 seasons IF he plays at least 60% of snaps or more.

We need to give Jordan some continuity at OL to properly evaluate him in his first year starting. Having a revolving door or pulling away from another area at OL is not a wise decision.

Lastly, There are no guarantees that any player won’t injure. It’s not unrealistic to have another OL such as Tom or Jenkins miss time. It can a be disastrous Chain of events when we don’t have enough bonafide starters. No thanks I’ll take Bak for 12-13 games at Pro Bowl level play for 1-2 seasons with a chance at a Day3 compensatory selection after he leaves over the idea of paying him gobs of money to walk away.
I’d stand Pat on this one.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree he has had recent injury concerns, when he’s on that field we’re instantly better. So it’s not like his injury makes him a poor player. It’s more about availability than performance.

We know David played 55% of the total O snaps last season after some questions about a slow return. From recent reports he’s on schedule to play more this year and teams wouldn’t be calling if he was that bad. If David plays just 75% of snaps (estimate) he’s worth that $19mil. The Packers already have some questions at OL ourselves, why create more questions for a possible 3rd Rounder? We’d probably get 4-6th Rounder if he walks in FA simply because he’ll start most games and his salary will still be moderately good. I’d try to get my $19mil out of him these next 2 seasons IF he plays at least 60% of snaps or more.

We need to give Jordan some continuity at OL to properly evaluate him in his first year starting. Having a revolving door or pulling away from another area at OL is not a wise decision.

Lastly, There are no guarantees that any player won’t injure. It’s not unrealistic to have another OL such as Tom or Jenkins miss time. It can a be disastrous Chain of events when we don’t have enough bonafide starters. No thanks I’ll take Bak for 12-13 games.
Good point on the playing time. If he played 55% of the time, they might be able to up that to about 70-75%? If so, they could have him in there on critical drives.

Reaction score
Good point on the playing time. If he played 55% of the time, they might be able to up that to about 70-75%? If so, they could have him in there on critical drives.
Plus maybe with a little good fortune he plays 12-14 games, it’s not inconceivable as he started 11 games last year. He’s too good to a player to give up on imo. We have no financial benefit walking him

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Plus maybe with a little good fortune he plays 12-14 games, it’s not inconceivable as he started 11 games last year. He’s too good to a player to give up on imo. We have no financial benefit walking him
I don't have any reason to believe that Bakhtiari won't play 15-17 games this year. Everyone involved says his knee is fine now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously the Jets are not going all in. Their offensive line is in atrocious shape and is likely among the 5 worst in the league right now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Although the Jets smothered us last year they did not exactly light it up. It was 3-3 at halftime. A blocked FG, a fumble, and a blocked punt had nothing to do with their O line. Dalvin Cook and company still need someone to block for them.
I'm rather befuddled by Jets management. Everyone's saying how great they've been. All I'm seeing is the assembly of Philadelphia dream team 2.0. I'm more than a little skeptical on the Jets. I'm smelling a 7-10 season out of them though I'd prefer a 5-12 year actually.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line is definitely the Jets Achilles heel. They've got a brutal schedule the first nine weeks of the season.
I absolutely agree with Pike badger. I think Bakh he's going to be just fine this season.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the Jets are not going all in. Their offensive line is in atrocious shape and is likely among the 5 worst in the league right now.
If their OL is a shaky as you suggest it might be a long season for AR. He isn't as nimble as he once was. On another forum with fans of all 32 teams that I post on one Jets fan suggested Rodgers is as good as he always was. If this is so why did he struggle playing for us last season? I just hope AR plays enough snaps to ensure we get their 1st round pick.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O Line coach is so important. Too bad we had to kick ours upstairs.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm rather befuddled by Jets management. Everyone's saying how great they've been. All I'm seeing is the assembly of Philadelphia dream team 2.0. I'm more than a little skeptical on the Jets. I'm smelling a 7-10 season out of them though I'd prefer a 5-12 year actually.
I have the feel the officiating will have a Jets bias this season. More late hits / roughing QB, defensive holding and fewer OPI.

Reaction score
If we can net anywhere inside that top #25 overall draft pick on our Jets deal I’ll be happy. If we somehow get around that top 20 selection (#21,#19, #17 etc) I’ll be elated. That could put us looking at 2 top #20 selections, which is a treat for us. It’s also an area we’ve had good success in draft returns. Gary, J’aire etc..

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts