Bakhtiari to Jets?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Jets are looking for an opportunity to be considered relevant, not necessarily the next winner of a Lombardi Trophy. Their objective would seem to be that by becoming a "player" in the upper 1/4 of the NFL, they can attract even more high level talent to their team, so they can be highly competitive.

The whole issue is the bottom line financially, and bringing in Rodgers is a pure financial bonanza for them, from a lot of potential sources. What this resembles, in some ways, is when Harlan and Wolf were smart enough to go after Reggie White to begin their build toward relevance.

It's that old story. You learn to crawl before you walk.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Whether this rumor is true or not, seems there possibly could have been conversations about Bahk being traded to the Jets. Like so many click bait articles, the author either chose to leave vital information out or doesn't have the facts. He stated that one obstacle of the trade would be the Packers having to "eat over $19M in dead money". Partially true, they would have to eat over $38M in dead cap, but could divide it between 2023 and 2024 ($19+ each season). Also, really doubt that his proposed 3rd round pick for Bahk would even make the Packers do anything but laugh.

One positive about sending Bahk to the Jets, the Packers would save $2.2M on this years cap. However, not having him at LT with a first time starter, might not be the way you want to start Love's career.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, now that you laid out his offensive weapons, Rodgers has played with better supporting casts. The Jets RB group is solid. But as far as their WR group and TE Group, Rodgers has had better.

Wilson is a rising star, but his catch % last season was only 53%. That should improve with Rodgers at QB, but he still is no Davante Adams, nor does he have the established chemistry with Rodgers. Lazard will be Lazard, a decent player with Rodgers as his QB, but average at best. Hardman and Davis are capable, but both have been under achievers.

I'm not saying that this is a bad group that the Jets have, but no way are they more talented than Rodgers 2011 group of Starks, Ryan Grant, John Kuhn, Jordy, James Jones, Jennings, Driver, Cobb, Finley.

Rodgers was younger and physically a better player in 2011 than he is now. He is definitely more savvy now and a smarter player, but until he establishes chemistry with his offense, it could be a bumpy ride for the Jets offense. If he does establish chemistry and receivers like Hardman and Davis, have career seasons, than yeah, this good be a talented offense.

Disagree quite a bit...you're pretending if you think a running back room with Dalvin Cook and just Michael Carter isn't better than the 2011 room GB had. James Starks going into 2011 literally had only 3 NFL games listed for him with a mere 116 yards from scrimmage and Ryan Grant in one way is like Breece Hall as he missed the 2010 season and no one knew what he would be (which FTR was nowhere what he was in 2007-2009) BUT he had experience where Breece Hall doesn't...however let's look at the NYJ...Dalvin Cook is a BEAST...I mean 4 straight seasons with over 1300 all purpose yards and over 1,000 yards rushing. He's averaged over 4.7 ypc for his career which is nearly half a yard per more than Grant and over half a yard more than Starks did. Michael Carter in his short career for the Jets already has nearly half the number of scrimmage yards Starks had his whole career (Carter is at just over 1,600 / Starks ended with just over 3,500)...and Breece Hall before he got hurt was average a LUDACRIS 5.8 yards per carry AND had already thrown in 218 receiving yards in a mere 7 games...that is more receiving yards than Starks had in all his seasons but one and Grant all his seasons but one. And I didn't even mention the Jet's recent addition of Israel Abanikanda - athletic freak that could be VERY GOOD in future.

Running backs NYJ 2023 in a landslide vs GB 2011

Wide Receivers...

GB 2011 - don't let what they became twist the discussion. In 2011 GB's Jordy Nelson had put up three seasons and just over 1,000 yards...he was ascending for sure, but still had not shown he was a WR1 in this league yet. Cobb was literally a rookie with zero snaps, Driver was in his twilight years (36 years old) and was not more than a WR3 at this stage (AND FTR I LOVE DRIVER), Jones hadn't had a season over 700 yards yet but was that solid Lazard type guy for us then. A VERY SOLID group for sure....Jennings was in what many considered his prime years leading into 2011 and a clear WR1

NYJ 2023 - Wilson, in just one year SHOWED out with FAR WORSE QB play and produced 1,103 yards receiving in 17 games....where our young ascending guy (Jordy) in three seasons and 45 games had only put up 1,268 with far BETTER QB play. Now to be fair Wilson had really only Corey Davis expected ahead of him on the depth chart arguably to acknowledge all sides. Jets also have Corey Davis who at worst is a 6 year veteran that is a clear WR2 on nearly any team in the league...having nearly 4,000 yards produced in that time. Now of course that have the wise and old veteran Cobb who is slow but sure handed too....and Mecole Hardman is there too, who heading into this season in just four years has produced over 2,088 yards and truthfully if you compared his ascending traits has shown a similar level to Jordy did through three...he produced more yards actually, BUT Jordy was for sure a better route running but Mecole arguably just as lethal once ball is in their hands. AND we haven't even talked about Lazard...a guy that some games leads you to believe he might be a low level WR1...but no his worst days will be your WR3 BUT one of the most lethal blocking WRs in the league. Quietly puttin gup 2,2,29 yards in the last four seasons we (GB in 2011) simply didn't have this type of guy serving as our #4 arguably like Lazard will be in NY potentially.

I think a valid argument exists there no landslide better group in the WR rooms...but the Jets literally have the likes of Cobb (their aging vet like we had Driver) as their what WR5? Wilson / Davis / Lazard / Hardman /

TEs

GB 2011 - Finley / Crabtree / Quarless....underrated group for sure, but I agree TE room of GB than better than TE room of NYJ now because Ruckert is just in his second year and proved nothing and Kuntz is just a raw athletic beast with zero snaps.

While perhaps I made it sound like a larger gap than it is, I just could never say GB 2011 RB/WR/TE weapons was a better collection than NYJ 2023. Now that said however, if you factor in QB and OL...I think you truly see the needle swing back to even or GB way.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Disagree quite a bit...you're pretending if you think a running back room with Dalvin Cook and just Michael Carter isn't better than the 2011 room GB had. James Starks going into 2011 literally had only 3 NFL games listed for him with a mere 116 yards from scrimmage and Ryan Grant in one way is like Breece Hall as he missed the 2010 season and no one knew what he would be (which FTR was nowhere what he was in 2007-2009) BUT he had experience where Breece Hall doesn't...however let's look at the NYJ...Dalvin Cook is a BEAST...I mean 4 straight seasons with over 1300 all purpose yards and over 1,000 yards rushing. He's averaged over 4.7 ypc for his career which is nearly half a yard per more than Grant and over half a yard more than Starks did. Michael Carter in his short career for the Jets already has nearly half the number of scrimmage yards Starks had his whole career (Carter is at just over 1,600 / Starks ended with just over 3,500)...and Breece Hall before he got hurt was average a LUDACRIS 5.8 yards per carry AND had already thrown in 218 receiving yards in a mere 7 games...that is more receiving yards than Starks had in all his seasons but one and Grant all his seasons but one. And I didn't even mention the Jet's recent addition of Israel Abanikanda - athletic freak that could be VERY GOOD in future.

Wide Receivers...

GB 2011 - don't let what they became twist the discussion. In 2011 GB's Jordy Nelson had put up three seasons and just over 1,000 yards...he was ascending for sure, but still had not shown he was a WR1 in this league yet. Cobb was literally a rookie with zero snaps, Driver was in his twilight years (36 years old) and was not more than a WR3 at this stage (AND FTR I LOVE DRIVER), Jones hadn't had a season over 700 yards yet but was that solid Lazard type guy for us then. A VERY SOLID group for sure....Jennings was in what many considered his prime years leading into 2011 and a clear WR1

NYJ 2023 - Wilson, in just one year SHOWED out with FAR WORSE QB play and produced 1,103 yards receiving in 17 games....where our young ascending guy (Jordy) in three seasons and 45 games had only put up 1,268 with far BETTER QB play. Now to be fair Wilson had really only Corey Davis expected ahead of him on the depth chart arguably to acknowledge all sides. Jets also have Corey Davis who at worst is a 6 year veteran that is a clear WR2 on nearly any team in the league...having nearly 4,000 yards produced in that time. Now of course that have the wise and old veteran Cobb who is slow but sure handed too....and Mecole Hardman is there too, who heading into this season in just four years has produced over 2,088 yards and truthfully if you compared his ascending traits has shown a similar level to Jordy did through three...he produced more yards actually, BUT Jordy was for sure a better route running but Mecole arguably just as lethal once ball is in their hands. AND we haven't even talked about Lazard...a guy that some games leads you to believe he might be a low level WR1...but no his worst days will be your WR3 BUT one of the most lethal blocking WRs in the league. Quietly puttin gup 2,2,29 yards in the last four seasons we (GB in 2011) simply didn't have this type of guy serving as our #4 arguably like Lazard will be in NY potentially.

I think a valid argument exists there no landslide better group in the WR rooms...but the Jets literally have the likes of Cobb (their aging vet like we had Driver) as their what WR5? Wilson / Davis / Lazard / Hardman /

TEs

GB 2011 - Finley / Crabtree / Quarless....underrated group for sure, but I agree TE room of GB than better than TE room of NYJ now because Ruckert is just in his second year and proved nothing and Kuntz is just a raw athletic beast with zero snaps.

While perhaps I made it sound like a larger gap than it is, I just could never say GB 2011 RB/WR/TE weapons was a better collection than NYJ 2023. Now that said however, if you factor in QB and OL...I think you truly see the needle swing back to even or GB way.
Good breakdown, but I'm still going to contend that the Packers and Rodgers had a better collection of weapons in 2011, than he has now. Also, I give you the RB's comparison, like I said, with the addition of Cooks, the Jets are very solid at RB. Keep in mind though, last season was Cooks first season that he didn't miss multiple games with injuries, the previous 5, not so much.

The other factor, besides young and old Rodgers, is chemistry. Nobody can deny that chemistry is a big thing with Rodgers and his receivers as well as his offense in general. For the most part, that was very well established for him and his offense in 2011, I can't say the same thing just yet in NY. I actually think if Rodgers sticks around and stays healthy, 2024 will be the Jets real shot at a SB.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has no excuses I think they don’t even make it passed the divisional round. He has Wilson. Big whoop he had davante and still couldn’t get it done. Wilson ain’t on his level yet.
As far as bahk they shouldn’t even consider trading him now unless they get a boat load for him. They paid him a bunch of money he gets hurt still gets paid they trade him for a 3rd and eat 19 million…. Bout as dumb as resigning Rodgers and then trading him when they wanted love all along.. extremely stupid front office imo. If they suck at the trade deadline then maybe

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Stark played like an all pro down the stretch.

For the discussion it doesn't matter how he did in 2011, we are talking going into 2011 for GB vs 2024 NYJ

Yes Starks had a solid 2010 playoffs, but even with that considered (and I did) does it move that needle any IMO

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They paid him a bunch of money he gets hurt still gets paid they trade him for a 3rd and eat 19 million…. Bout as dumb as resigning Rodgers and then trading him when they wanted love all along.. extremely stupid front office imo. If they suck at the trade deadline then maybe
They would actually be eating $38M, $19 in 2023 and $19 in 2024. However, that is a sunk cost, since it represents the money that was shoved forward. No doubt it turned out to be a bad deal and one that I did not like at the time for a few reasons, but I understand wanting to keep your Pro Bowl LT. Injuries happen and hard to use that as an argument against resigning, but its a cautionary tale on putting too much into 1 player.

As far as the Rodgers resign, I think that was a way of trying to bury the hatchet with him. It backfired and yeah, it cost the Packers, but I think the deal they got with the Jets, was about as well as things could be salvaged.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For the discussion it doesn't matter how he did in 2011, we are talking going into 2011 for GB vs 2024 NYJ

Yes Starks had a solid 2010 playoffs, but even with that considered (and I did) does it move that needle any IMO
Agree. At this point everything is a guess for the Jets side of it and in order to compare apples to apples, as you point out, you have to look at rosters that Rodgers was on going into a particular season. I fully agree that Rodgers currently has a more talented RB and WR/TE group than he has had in the last 5 or so seasons, but again, throw in Rodgers age, offensive line, chemistry and even if I was a Jet fan, I wouldn't be buying tickets to the SB just yet.

Reaction score
Good breakdown, but I'm still going to contend that the Packers and Rodgers had a better collection of weapons in 2011, than he has now. Also, I give you the RB's comparison, like I said, with the addition of Cooks, the Jets are very solid at RB. Keep in mind though, last season was Cooks first season that he didn't miss multiple games with injuries, the previous 5, not so much.

The other factor, besides young and old Rodgers, is chemistry. Nobody can deny that chemistry is a big thing with Rodgers and his receivers as well as his offense in general. For the most part, that was very well established for him and his offense in 2011, I can't say the same thing just yet in NY. I actually think if Rodgers sticks around and stays healthy, 2024 will be the Jets real shot at a SB.
Yeah I agree that the Jets have a shot at SB now, but their real threat will be next season. They are loaded, but we also know that the trenches are what carry me most teams through playoffs. Their OL has lots of question marks. They do have guys like Billy Turner that are solid but unspectacular. They should’ve grabbed another OL upgrade in FA or trade. The Jets are heavy at some positions and light at others.

What really helped Brady was Tampa drafting Wirfs at RT (and the Defensive side congealing) That move solidified what was already the #3 rated Offense WITHOUT Brady in 2019 and many people forget that their high INT totals held them back from being a #1 rated Offense in 2019.
Tampa smartly turned to their weakness QB/RT into a relative strength.

Had the Jets similarly went after 1 top tier OL they’d be much more dangerous right now. They’ve duplicated some areas and ignored another. Teams with really good pass rushers are going to give them some problems imo. If they have 1 or 2 injuries on OL they’ll be in trouble. Now the addition of Cook helps that indirectly, but not as much as had they similarly upgraded at OL

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers was 5 years younger, I'd agree with you guys that the Jets could be a threat to win it all over the next two years. I just don't see Rodgers being as good of a game manager as Brady was, so I don't see that quite happening with the Jets. I'm going to suggest they "might" make the playoffs and win a game, but that's about it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't know if this will happen, but the Jets should feel pretty desperate.

The narrative about how good their supporting cast is/will be for Rodgers makes zero sense. Their personnel on offensive, by and large, sucks. It's easily worse than Green Bay's. The idea that they have a shot at a Super Bowl is laughable.

Their offensive line has been getting terrible reviews in camp, and that makes sense when you look at the personnel:

-Duane Brown is washed; he turns 38 in two weeks.
-Mekhi Becton is a draft bust who hasn't claimed a starting job.
-Billy Turner has no business being a starting tackle at this point.
-Max Mitchell is out of his depth.
-Laken Tomlinson is a below average starter.
-They have a good center and right guard; that's it.

Their backfield is composed of a young guy who is currently injured and a washed vet.

Their TE room is headed by Tyler Conklin and C.J. Uzomah.

They have Wilson at WR. He's very good. Otherwise, it's Rodgers' boiz.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before anyone makes the Jets the favorite to get to the SB, they have a big problem with a shaky offensive line. I don't care how many weapons Rodgers has, if the o line sucks, you're in trouble. Bilky Turner is their LT at this point. We saw how well that worked in the playoffs for GB. If Rodgers is getting pounded early in the season, maybe the Jets offer a second and fourth for Bakh? His knee issues seem to be getting worse. The Packers are having a difficult time getting any continuity on the o line because of Bakh's inability to practice. If the deal is sweet, Gute should consider trading Bakh while he still has some value.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Before anyone makes the Jets the favorite to get to the SB, they have a big problem with a shaky offensive line. I don't care how many weapons Rodgers has, if the o line sucks, you're in trouble. Bilky Turner is their LT at this point. We saw how well that worked in the playoffs for GB. If Rodgers is getting pounded early in the season, maybe the Jets offer a second and fourth for Bakh? His knee issues seem to be getting worse. The Packers are having a difficult time getting any continuity on the o line because of Bakh's inability to practice. If the deal is sweet, Gute should consider trading Bakh while he still has some value.

And he really doesn’t have a bunch of impressive weapons either.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Solidify the 1st for Rodgers and give us a 2nd for Bakh. I'm good. I think he's a 10-12 game / season LT at this point of his career. Injuries restrict him to be any more than that. Save the $2m + $21m over the next two seasons.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Jets are looking for an opportunity to be considered relevant, not necessarily the next winner of a Lombardi Trophy. Their objective would seem to be that by becoming a "player" in the upper 1/4 of the NFL, they can attract even more high level talent to their team, so they can be highly competitive.

The whole issue is the bottom line financially, and bringing in Rodgers is a pure financial bonanza for them, from a lot of potential sources. What this resembles, in some ways, is when Harlan and Wolf were smart enough to go after Reggie White to begin their build toward relevance.

It's that old story. You learn to crawl before you walk.
I agree with the parallel to Reggie. This may resemble Peyton and the Broncos several years back in that they had a solid defense and went for a HOF QB in his last few years. Similarly, Brady to the Bucs. Each of those teams got a SB crown and then a new era sets in.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the parallel to Reggie. This may resemble Peyton and the Broncos several years back in that they had a solid defense and went for a HOF QB in his last few years. Similarly, Brady to the Bucs. Each of those teams got a SB crown and then a new era sets in.
I know this is a reach, but I think they're trying to change the culture surrounding the Jets. They've been doormats for so long it's gotten comfortable.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is a reach, but I think they're trying to change the culture surrounding the Jets. They've been doormats for so long it's gotten comfortable.
Yes. So, so long that they became a joke. Rex almost got them to the SB. But without a QB it is hard for any team. And of course being in the Pats' division all those years did not help.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope… and neither do you

You like this team or just Rodgers?

This is what you guys get from now on.

If posters want to take shots at me. Then buckle up buttercup

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nope… and neither do you

Amen!

Just because you are a Mod, doesn't mean you can't stand up and defend yourself! You got my backing, even if you come after me. :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets offensive line is awful. With his diminished mobility, he who shall not be named will be lucky to make it through a game without a season ending injury.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A
Nope… and neither do you

Absolutely! You get what you give. Mods don't have to take guff from people any more than anyone else.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Wide Receivers...

TEs

Imo, it's not even close to being even. Green Bay's 2011 offensive makeup far exceeds NYJ. Far more balanced, better maturity and diverse set of weaponry.

Members online

Latest posts