A Jordan Love Contract

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4yr/$220mil with $75Mil SB extension keeping him in GB thru '28. $155mil guaranteed. The $75mil SB is largest in NFL history.
Guessing his "old" cap of $12.75mil + $15mil SB proration brings his new cap to $27.75mil unless structure allows cap-magic.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4yr/$220mil with $75Mil SB extension keeping him in GB thru '28. $155mil guaranteed. The $75mil SB is largest in NFL history.
Guessing his "old" cap of $12.75mil + $15mil SB proration brings his new cap to $27.75mil unless structure allows cap-magic.

Aww.. just when I was thinking the 'you should take less money for Super Bowls, it's a kids game, how much money do you need, you signed a contract you should play, you've only shown us 1 year' tactic some people were wanting the Packers to do was going to work.

Congrats to Jordan Love. Now.. get to work on Super Bowl LIX

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa. Well I am glad it's done. First thought, disappointed its 4 years and not 5. Second thought, they should have made it $220,000,001 just so he could be the highest paid.

Reaction score
Whoa. Well I am glad it's done. First thought, disappointed it’s 4 years and not 5. Second thought, they should have made it $220,000,001 just so he could be the highest paid.
Jordans camp apparently tried that getting league high $$$
That $1 is what had been holding up the entire week!

and the Last words that Ball reportedly spoke before inking the contract was..
“The Buck Stops Here!”

Packer fans should do a Gofundme for Jordan and everyone put in a $1

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4yr/$220mil with $75Mil SB. $155 guaranteed. The $75mil SB is largest in NFL history.
Good god... $75 million signing bonus, $155 million guaranteed, to a guy with his incredible injury history? I understand and agree that the man is extremely talented, but half his stat sheet consists of simply a list of his injuries; he makes Christion Watson look lke Brett Favre.

Barely a year ago, he and his family were seriously discussing whether he ought to retire, because he had 3 concussions in one season. Going back to his junior year in college, he's had no fewer than 11 serious injuries - at least 3 of which were season-ending. Concussions, knee injuries, numerous fractures (including several on his throwing hand) , and multiple serious soft tissue injuries, at least 4 of which required surgery.

The dude's talent is not and has never been an issue; nor his heart, his descionmaking, or any other "semi-intangible" - but at least half of the last 6 years of his career, he's ended the season sitting on the sidelines in a cast watching his backup play the team's last game.

Seems to me that $155,000,000 of guaranteed money - every penny of it dead cap - is a hell of a commitment for a guy who's probably Facebook friends with a couple of dozen EMTs, ambulance drivers, and emergency room staff.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. This is going to be fun to watch. Got my guy for 4 yrs/40 mill. 5 for 60 sumthn.

The pendulum swings the other way…..always. Y’all set up for a yuuuuuge failure.

Reaction score
Wow. This is going to be fun to watch. Got my guy for 4 yrs/40 mill. 5 for 60 sumthn.

The pendulum swings the other way…..always. Y’all set up for a yuuuuuge failure.
The only failure I see is you guys trading away 4 Day 1’s for Khalil Mack and Jay Cutler. In 2020 alone just the 1 1st rounder lands you your choice of Burrows, Tua, Herbert or Love. That or Justin Jefferson at minimum. Chicago could’ve had your franchise QB on board already instead of years of wasted potential

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only failure I see is you guys trading away 4 Day 1’s for Khalil Mack and Jay Cutler. In 2020 alone just the 1 1st rounder lands you your choice of Burrows, Tua, Herbert or Love. That or Justin Jefferson at minimum. Chicago could’ve had your franchise QB on board already instead of years of wasted potential
Hey…. I just didn’t give a guy $220 million for finishing two games ahead of Justin Fields last year.

Wraith09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa. Well I am glad it's done. First thought, disappointed its 4 years and not 5. Second thought, they should have made it $220,000,001 just so he could be the highest paid.
Right! I mean really. Tied with Trevor Lawrence. Come on!

Wraith09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good god... $75 million signing bonus, $155 million guaranteed, to a guy with his incredible injury history? I understand and agree that the man is extremely talented, but half his stat sheet consists of simply a list of his injuries; he makes Christion Watson look lke Brett Favre.

Barely a year ago, he and his family were seriously discussing whether he ought to retire, because he had 3 concussions in one season. Going back to his junior year in college, he's had no fewer than 11 serious injuries - at least 3 of which were season-ending. Concussions, knee injuries, numerous fractures (including several on his throwing hand) , and multiple serious soft tissue injuries, at least 4 of which required surgery.

The dude's talent is not and has never been an issue; nor his heart, his descionmaking, or any other "semi-intangible" - but at least half of the last 6 years of his career, he's ended the season sitting on the sidelines in a cast watching his backup play the team's last game.

Seems to me that $155,000,000 of guaranteed money - every penny of it dead cap - is a hell of a commitment for a guy who's probably Facebook friends with a couple of dozen EMTs, ambulance drivers, and emergency room staff.
Love?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
With apologies to the memory of Everett Dirksen, a million here, a million there, pretty soon, we're talking real money. I've become immune (yes, I've been immunized) to the number of zeroes at the end of these contracts but, hey, it's only money ... they'll make more right? The Packers and banks - they make money on Sunday.

In short, the Pack had danged well better insured this guy with a fully functional O-line. The Jets debacle of last season bore that nightmare out.

Reminds me ... I have to go out and get a new Packers' flag. That time of year you know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With apologies to the memory of Everett Dirksen, a million here, a million there, pretty soon, we're talking real money. I've become immune (yes, I've been immunized) to the number of zeroes at the end of these contracts but, hey, it's only money ... they'll make more right? The Packers and banks - they make money on Sunday.

In short, the Pack had danged well better insured this guy with a fully functional O-line. The Jets debacle of last season bore that nightmare out.

Reminds me ... I have to go out and get a new Packers' flag. That time of year you know.
I agree and I’m noticing that they learned their lesson. Coming right out with pick #25 and Morgan. One of the safer bets because he’s going to be a good starter, just where do you put him.
Then drafting 2 more OL to pipeline and groom behind the Starters

In summary, I see a fair deal in this contract. Lets face it, we all knew he’s getting paid after that performance last year. This contract is a big piece of the financial puzzle we just found. We can start attacking the smaller player pieces we’ve put aside to create a masterpiece as we traverse 2024-2025 and beyond.
We got our QB locked. Its Showtime!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How many people said the same thing when Mahomes signed for half a billion dollars. That worked out pretty well for KC.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How many people said the same thing when Mahomes signed for half a billion dollars. That worked out pretty well for KC.
Bwahahahaha
You mean after he’d won 1 Super Bowl and played in another iirc. Not a great comparison.
JL might be the real deal but you literally paid 225 mill guaranteed for a guy who did 2 games better than JF, and led the team to a #7 playoff birth.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha
You mean after he’d won 1 Super Bowl and played in another iirc. Not a great comparison.
JL might be the real deal but you literally paid 225 mill guaranteed for a guy who did 2 games better than JF, and led the team to a #7 playoff birth.
There you go illustrating a misunderstanding of judgement by saying he played only two games better than fields. That is just ignorance I’m sorry…a team result cannot be used so blindly in this fashion. Come on man, you are not that foolish

Reaction score
There you go illustrating a misunderstanding of judgement by saying he played only two games better than fields. That is just ignorance I’m sorry…a team result cannot be used so blindly in this fashion. Come on man, you are not that foolish
I was just going to offer the same thing. Nicely said

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha
Fields has a 0.263 career Win % across a huge sample of 38 starts. He’s literally got a 10-28 record as a starter.
Love has a 9-9 record as a starter with double the Win% as Fields.

Love is also more accurate. 63.7% career reception rate to Fields 60.3%.

Love 94.0 Qb rating
Fields 82.3% rating.

Jordan Love has been in 2 playoff contests with just 1 season of experience. Fields has never even come close to a Playoff game. Love has 466 yards in 2 postseason contests with a 67.3% rec rate.
5 TD’s 2INT and a 108.6% passer rating against 2 Top 10 Defenses.
In their house!

You tout how great your Defense has been and their team couldn’t even maintain .500 record with Fields playing ok at times.

The only help Fields and that vaunted Chicago D gave? getting a better and better draft pick each year

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I think Jordan love is a fine quarterback but for right now is he worth $60 million a year? I don’t think so but we’ll see what will be.