A Jordan Love Contract

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then I guess it’s a good thing. He’s not our quarterback anymore than huh.

Dear Lord you should be ecstatic. Caleb Williams has more of a QB in one hand than Fields did. Fields was an ELITE athlete but not a QB.

The question is only if Caleb has the maturity first and then second ability to grow. He literally has an elite ceiling.

Reaction score
I know GB has made it look easy but let’s be real, most teams go through many good QB’s just to find a good, reliable starter level one.
Jordan is so much more than that.
GB was ridiculed and questioned when Jordan was selected late in RD1. I can assure you, GM’s snd Coaches across the league are NOT snickering over Jordan Love. As of this minute.. he’s a Bonafide Top 10 QB and if you polled Coaches around the league? At worst in a poll? He’s top 50% of the league with top 5 potential.

As far as Caleb? We have no idea yet, but to make an equal comparison to a top 10 QB before his first NFL pass just shows the unrealistic expectation some casual fans have.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Gutekunst's press conference: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...onference-on-jordan-loves-contract-extension/

Gutekunst admitted there will be challenges with the salary cap when building around a big contract at quarterback, but he’s used to the challenge. Emphasized that drafting well will be key. Stability at quarterback is way more important than cap flexibility.
That last sentence is key. Of course, the stability may come at the cost of not making it all the way to the Super Bowl, but should yield a competitive team each year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I think Jordan love is a fine quarterback but for right now is he worth $60 million a year? I don’t think so but we’ll see what will be.

Lets be honest no QB is worth 60 million a year but its going to happen soon. Who knows, it could be Caleb Williams. I think it will happen before he is due, if he ever is, but if he is you are going to be happy to pay him that. IMO no QB is worth 55 million a year either but that's what the next guys up are getting right now. In three years when your guy is in line for his raise (if he is) 55 million will probably be a bargain. Like Sunshinepacker said in an earlier post if you are an adequate QB in the league and you are due for a new deal you will get top 10 QB money and if you are a top 10 QB you could become the highest paid.

Jared Goff's deal is for 53 million which is only 2 million less than Love's and yet you think Loves deal will kill the Packers but the Lions will be fine.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Lord you should be ecstatic. Caleb Williams has more of a QB in one hand than Fields did. Fields was an ELITE athlete but not a QB.

The question is only if Caleb has the maturity first and then second ability to grow. He literally has an elite ceiling.
Yup. Justin could play like 6-8 diff positions. Great athlete, ok QB. Caleb is elite. That’s why I’m excited. He’s a lot like a young Rodgers if I’m completely honest. The ability to avoid a sack by taking a half a step in some direction and still being able to throw a 60 yard bomb with a hand in his face.
And that .3 of a second release is going to be a nightmare for defenses!!!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets be honest no QB is worth 60 million a year but its going to happen soon. Who knows, it could be Caleb Williams. I think it will happen before he is due, if he ever is, but if he is you are going to be happy to pay him that. IMO no QB is worth 55 million a year either but that's what the next guys up are getting right now. In three years when your guy is in line for his raise (if he is) 55 million will probably be a bargain. Like Sunshinepacker said in an earlier post if you are an adequate QB in the league and you are due for a new deal you will get top 10 QB money and if you are a top 10 QB you could become the highest paid.

Jared Goff's deal is for 53 million which is only 2 million less than Love's and yet you think Loves deal will kill the Packers but the Lions will be fine.
I think Goff’s resume warrants a top level contract, considering how difficult or in the Bears case…how impossible it is, to find a franchise quarterback.
With Caleb we are in a much better cap situation for 4 years maybe 5 or 6.
We will have an extra 50 mill a season to spend on players that Detroit and GB won’t be able to afford. Then…..if Love regresses like Kap, or Carson Wentz or RG III, Daniel Jones or any other of a dozen guys who looked amazing for a bit but then fizzled out.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just looked at JL's contract details on OTC. It looks like a pretty cap friendly deal through 2026 at around 20,29,36 million in 24,25,26. 27 might not be horrible at 42 if the cap keeps going up. Assuming he keeps playing like he did at the end of last season I would expect another extension or at the very least a restructure possibly in 27 but certainly in 28 when his cap hit jumps to 74 million.

It also looks like the reported fully guaranteed 155 million of new money was incorrect as they are saying it is only 100 million. The only thing I'm not sure how to account for is the approximately 35 million in option money in the 20,30,31 void years. I know it will accelerate into 2029 but is it considered guaranteed or even fully guaranteed?

I admit I dont know all of the nuances and the intimate details but honestly I don't think this is that bad. About 66+ million of the 220 comes in 2028 (50 in salary, 16 in option) and is an amount he will certainly not see in its current form.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Goff’s resume warrants a top level contract, considering how difficult or in the Bears case…how impossible it is, to find a franchise quarterback.
With Caleb we are in a much better cap situation for 4 years maybe 5 or 6.
We will have an extra 50 mill a season to spend on players that Detroit and GB won’t be able to afford. Then…..if Love regresses like Kap, or Carson Wentz or RG III, Daniel Jones or any other of a dozen guys who looked amazing for a bit but then fizzled out.
You are not getting an extra 50 million a season to spend. You are looking at total annual value which is pretty much irrelevant. You need to look at the difference in cap space between the two which is where it counts. See my previous post about cap numbers for the next 3 seasons for JL. Just based on QB cap hits the Bears will have approximately 13 million more to spend in 2024, 20 million in 25 and 25 million in 26. While that is a lot its nowhere close to 50 million. Then, after 3 years, maybe 4, if you guys are lucky enough to have missed on your 47th consecutive QB bust you will have the privilege of paying your guy.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk and as with many players, only time will tell that.
I do know 220 divided by 4 isn’t 60
I didn’t look up any contract numbers or anything like that so everything I’m saying take with a grain of salt and is a generalization. I can figure out it averages out to 55 a year I rounded up.
Regardless for the foreseeable future, we will have more money to spend every year for 4-6 years. I’ll take every advantage I can get.
For the next 2/3 years we have 3/5 of the oline under contract. I don’t know if our LT Braxton Jones gets an extension but for a 5th rnd pick that started since game 1 he’s been way above his cost/draft position. He’d be a 2cnd rounder easy in a redraft.
Caleb, Rome, Kmet, Wright(rookie last yr RT) DJ Moore, all 3 starting LBers(extension for Edwards is coming), Jaylen Johnson and Tyrique Stephenson are top 5 if not best CB duo in league.

Y’all have never seen a Bears team like this. We’re coming and the Monsters of the Midway are back!!!

Reaction score
You are not getting an extra 50 million a season to spend. You are looking at total annual value which is pretty much irrelevant. You need to look at the difference in cap space between the two which is where it counts. See my previous post about cap numbers for the next 3 seasons for JL. Just based on QB cap hits the Bears will have approximately 13 million more to spend in 2024, 20 million in 25 and 25 million in 26. While that is a lot its nowhere close to 50 million. Then, after 3 years, maybe 4, if you guys are lucky enough to have missed on your 47th consecutive QB bust you will have the privilege of paying your guy.
I like that. It’s a good way to look at it.

Also we can make up 50% of that if we use krafty contracts across the other 50 players

Reaction score

"Ceiling" and "floor" is always funny to me.

The guy drafted 199th overall in 2000? I'm sure they said his ceiling was "serviceable starter."

It's also funny to see that Bears fan talking trash about the QB position. No, not funny. Hilarious, but simultaneously sad and pathetic.

Despite the recent success of my team, the vast history keeps me more reserved. You'd think that a Bears fan with a "can't miss" QB prospect would have the same thinking. I mean seriously, the Lions - yes, the Lions of all teams - have won 3 world championships since the Bears have had a QB worth re-signing.

Maybe Caleb will be the guy to throw for 4000 yards and/or 30 TDs, AKA an average QB season. If not, well, eventually the NFL will push the number of regular season games far enough past 17 and tweak the rules to favor the offense more and more until eventually it will be inevitable.

But maybe I should be more humble here. After all, the Bears have been playing 4D chess at the QB position. I don't think my Lions have ever beaten Mitch Trubisky, and Goff can't seem to lose to Mahomes, so taking Mitch over Mahomes has clearly worked out for Chicago.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I’m honest da Bears have not had a better top to bottom team roster than y’all in 20 years. Even the year we went to da Super Bowl I think we split. The year we went 13-3 2/3 losses were to you jokers!!!!!
This is the first time in 30 yrs I think, top to bottom, my guys are better than yours.
"Ceiling" and "floor" is always funny to me.

The guy drafted 199th overall in 2000? I'm sure they said his ceiling was "serviceable starter."

It's also funny to see that Bears fan talking trash about the QB position. No, not funny. Hilarious, but simultaneously sad and pathetic.

Despite the recent success of my team, the vast history keeps me more reserved. You'd think that a Bears fan with a "can't miss" QB prospect would have the same thinking. I mean seriously, the Lions - yes, the Lions of all teams - have won 3 world championships since the Bears have had a QB worth re-signing.

Maybe Caleb will be the guy to throw for 4000 yards and/or 30 TDs, AKA an average QB season. If not, well, eventually the NFL will push the number of regular season games far enough past 17 and tweak the rules to favor the offense more and more until eventually it will be inevitable.

But maybe I should be more humble here. After all, the Bears have been playing 4D chess at the QB position. I don't think my Lions have ever beaten Mitch Trubisky, and Goff can't seem to lose to Mahomes, so taking Mitch over Mahomes has clearly worked out for Chicago.
I’m at a loss for words. I have no idea when Detroit last won a world title. Prob around my father’s birth.
I do know MacMahon was worth re-signing, at least before y’alls player committed the dirtiest play in the history of sports.
I dunno……maybe some gladiator stabbed another gladiator in the back once and killed him. That would be the only “play” dirtier than that POS Martin. He’s lucky I was a kid bc I’d have phone checked his *** into the hospital bed right next to jimmy mac. Wasn’t football, straight up assault and ruined a dynasty. OMG I hate yalls team.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just realized you’re a lions fan…..just stop. The adults are talking. Go home kiddo, I mean kitty.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Y’all have never seen a Bears team like this. We’re coming and the Monsters of the Midway are back!!!
AGAIN?? Year in and year out ... *sigh* Come on, we've grown to expect this kind of off-season Super Bowl champion talk from Vikings fans and we all know how that has played out. Lions fans? They're too new at winning to know how to act when faced with a little success. My gawd man, you're a fan of one of the league's legacy teams ... when WE stink, we take our proverbial bullets, when we DON'T stink, it's more like "we'll see". It's how the grown ups do it. Incidentally, I'm of the opinion that your guys ARE indeed going to be tough this season...but, no props until they actually do it - in spite of a rookie QB.
;)

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just realized you’re a lions fan…..just stop. The adults are talking. Go home kiddo, I mean kitty.
This is a PACKER forum, & a Jordan Love Contract thread. IF you want to discuss Bears/Lions potentially NOT perenially SUCKING take it to the NFL Discussion page... or to a forum for NFL doormats?

Reaction score
If I’m honest da Bears have not had a better top to bottom team roster than y’all in 20 years. Even the year we went to da Super Bowl I think we split. The year we went 13-3 2/3 losses were to you jokers!!!!!
This is the first time in 30 yrs I think, top to bottom, my guys are better than yours.

I’m at a loss for words. I have no idea when Detroit last won a world title. Prob around my father’s birth.
I do know MacMahon was worth re-signing, at least before y’alls player committed the dirtiest play in the history of sports.
I dunno……maybe some gladiator stabbed another gladiator in the back once and killed him. That would be the only “play” dirtier than that POS Martin. He’s lucky I was a kid bc I’d have phone checked his *** into the hospital bed right next to jimmy mac. Wasn’t football, straight up assault and ruined a dynasty. OMG I hate yalls team.

I'm confused on whom you think you're talking to.

On the one hand, you recognize I'm a Lions fan:

"I have no idea when Detroit last won a title. Prob around my father's birth."

On the other hand, you think I'm a Packers fan:

"I do know MacMahon was worth re-signing, at least before y’alls player committed the dirtiest play in the history of sports."

You identified Charles Martin as the guy who injured McMahon, but Martin was a Packer. Obviously the football gods authorized this dirty hit, seeing as how your Bears' Ed Meadows did the exact same thing to my Lions' Bobby Layne in 1956. Congrats, this got y'all into the championship game where y'all promptly lost by 40 because Halas was so cheap he used shoes from 20 years ago. LOL. My Lions did win it all the next year though.

"OMG I hate yalls team."

I know a lot about football, and a lot about football history. But I honestly have no idea which team you hate because apparently you don't even know, either. I do hate your team as well. My 3rd favorite team is whomever is playing da Bears. It's been pretty good lately. Had a 14-game win streak going for a while. It's funny that y'all think you're good all of a sudden. As a Lions fan, I know that such a streak takes a while to come back from.

Reaction score

Oh man, what gave it away? My name or my avatar? I was trying so hard to hide it.

This is a PACKER forum, & a Jordan Love Contract thread. IF you want to discuss Bears/Lions potentially NOT perenially SUCKING take it to the NFL Discussion page... or to a forum for NFL doormats?

True, fair. But I do find the Packer fans' sentiment of Love to be strange. Love finished out the season with 18 TD 1 INT, and he's worth a billion dollars. Goff did the exact same thing in 2022, then follows it up with a deep playoff run in 2023, and yet he's overpaid and mid talent. Love was the reason that the Packers' season ended, and the Lions gave up 24-7 for every reason except Goff. Hmm.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AGAIN?? Year in and year out ... *sigh* Come on, we've grown to expect this kind of off-season Super Bowl champion talk from Vikings fans and we all know how that has played out. Lions fans? They're too new at winning to know how to act when faced with a little success. My gawd man, you're a fan of one of the league's legacy teams ... when WE stink, we take our proverbial bullets, when we DON'T stink, it's more like "we'll see". It's how the grown ups do it. Incidentally, I'm of the opinion that your guys ARE indeed going to be tough this season...but, no props until they actually do it - in spite of a rookie QB.
;)
To be fair weeds we all know Packer fans with the same style. You know, the ones who as soon as they realize they might not be winning the argument revert back to thier middle school days and their argument become "Love is still young and unproven" and in the next breath its. "we got Caleb Williams baby, look out"

I didn’t look up any contract numbers or anything like that so everything I’m saying take with a grain of salt and is a generalization. I can figure out it averages out to 55 a year I rounded up.
Regardless for the foreseeable future, we will have more money to spend every year for 4-6 years. I’ll take every advantage I can get.
tephenson are top 5 if not best CB duo in league.

I'm pretty sure those of us who are still reading your posts have already come to realize that we? need to take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Why the need to round up? To try to convince yourself that the Packers are in a world of hurt while your Bears actually don't still suck? Its 55 million and every football fan in the world knows its 55 million except apparently you. It makes me wonder what else you don't know.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair weeds we all know Packer fans with the same style. You know, the ones who as soon as they realize they might not be winning the argument revert back to thier middle school days and their argument become "Love is still young and unproven" and in the next breath its. "we got Caleb Williams baby, look out"

I'm pretty sure those of us who are still reading your posts have already come to realize that we? need to take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Why the need to round up? To try to convince yourself that the Packers are in a world of hurt while your Bears actually don't still suck? Its 55 million and every football fan in the world knows its 55 million except apparently you. It makes me wonder what else you don't know.
Quick math that was a guess. We will have more money for the foreseeable future. Your guy averages 55 mill/season for next 4. My guy costs 39 over same time span. That’s 45 mill on the QB position alone. We’re going to get better FA over that time period too.
I guarantee this. Even if my Bears started 0-8 I’ll still be here every week to chat with you fine gentlemen.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Martin slam dunked McMahon because Ditka ran up the score on a Bart Star coached team in 1980 to the tune of 61-7. When Gregg took over as the Packers coach in 1975, it was pay back time. Martin wasn't the only guy to go extracurricular. If Ditka isn't a complete jerk I doubt Forrest Gregg would've called out the dogs.

Members online

Latest posts