A Jordan Love Contract

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears just married DJ Moore. Inking Moore to a 4yr X $110mil deal ($27.5Mil avg).

Moore will accelerate from his current deal to $27.5M yearly by 2026. After adding an +additional $82.6mil guaranteed to his current deal. He’s locked until 2029 with a “hard contract out” in 2028.

They now have QB $$ tied up in their WR room
These kind of numbers make me hope the Packers WRs are good enough but not great and win by committee.
you must have a hard time with the evening news
They have news in the evening? I get mine all day every day.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t call stating a fact “blasting” the Bears. I stated several articles near word for word that were not even written by a Bears or Packers fan. Then I made an accurate comparison of how significant a contract that actually is by comparing it with our own in house contracts.
If that’s “blasting someone”? you must have a hard time with the evening news. :laugh:

Btw. According to Bears fans. Caleb will likely need QB $$ in 3 more years. Pat got his in his 4th year ($450m deal) and we all already know Caleb is much better than Mahomey boy.
FYI not saying you specifically, it’s all over social media pages and forums. Until we see the exact structure it’s tough to judge it.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears just married DJ Moore. Inking Moore to a 4yr X $110mil deal ($27.5Mil avg).

Moore will accelerate from his current deal to $27.5M yearly by 2026. After adding an +additional $82.6mil guaranteed to his current deal. He’s locked until 2029 with a “hard contract out” in 2028.

They now have QB $$ tied up in their WR room
Whaaaaaa?
That’s a phenomenal deal for Da Bears. Justin Jefferson, this year, will make 35 mill and i’m not saying DJ is better than Justin but, Justin only played in 10 games last year and had 60 some catches iirc, about 1000 yards and five tuddys
DJ had almost 100 catches, about 1400 yards and eight or nine tuddys.
For the next 3 years we have: Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, Rome Odunze, D’Andre Swift, Cole Kmet, 3/5ths of our starting OL with Tevin Jenkins(top 5 guard IF healthy) getting extended soon so that will make 4/5ths of OL
The D is one of the youngest in the league too.
So again, you say we’re paying QB money in our WR room? Bwahahahahaha

I get it bro, you’re feeling new feelings that you’ve never felt before. It’s called jealousy of a Bears roster.
Get used to it playyyyyyyerrrrrr!!!!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The full structure of Moore's deal isn't even released yet. However from spotrac - D.J. Moore signed a 4 year , $110,000,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including $82,600,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $27,500,000. In 2024, Moore will earn a base salary of $15,850,000 and a workout bonus of $200,000, while carrying a cap hit of $16,050,000 and a dead cap value of $1,110,000.

This could easily have a structure similar to Love's really....void year or two and the entirety of that non guaranteed $27.4M hit that final year cap wise causing explosion of a year that actually won't happen.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whaaaaaa?
That’s a phenomenal deal for Da Bears. Justin Jefferson, this year, will make 35 mill and i’m not saying DJ is better than Justin but, Justin only played in 10 games last year and had 60 some catches iirc, about 1000 yards and five tuddys
DJ had almost 100 catches, about 1400 yards and eight or nine tuddys.
For the next 3 years we have: Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, Rome Odunze, D’Andre Swift, Cole Kmet, 3/5ths of our starting OL with Tevin Jenkins(top 5 guard IF healthy) getting extended soon so that will make 4/5ths of OL
The D is one of the youngest in the league too.
So again, you say we’re paying QB money in our WR room? Bwahahahahaha

I get it bro, you’re feeling new feelings that you’ve never felt before. It’s called jealousy of a Bears roster.
Get used to it playyyyyyyerrrrrr!!!!!

Phenomenal....maybe, structure will tell the whole story.

How do you not mention Keenan Allen at least though?

Gotta love the knee jerk before the seasons even started cockiness.....have more Bear fan friends given my location in Indiana than Packer fans and it is the same thing as it has been majority of my life....you would think folks would learn from past and wait at least.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phenomenal....maybe, structure will tell the whole story.

How do you not mention Keenan Allen at least though?

Gotta love the knee jerk before the seasons even started cockiness.....have more Bear fan friends given my location in Indiana than Packer fans and it is the same thing as it has been majority of my life....you would think folks would learn from past and wait at least.
Y’all keep saying this, but this is not like every other Bears team from the last 30 years.
We had the number one overall pick two years in a row, and we’ve turned that into some really good players and a generational talent at quarterback. People can say all the things they want but there’s probably three teams in the league that if they had the first overall pick this last draft, they would not have selected Caleb Williams.
It could all go sideways but pretending that this isn’t a good team and that we haven’t done great things in the last two years is just being dishonest with yourself.

Oh didn’t mention Keenan bc he’s a one year rental. May get an extension but was just showcasing to everyone the players already under contract for the next 3 seasons.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y’all keep saying this, but this is not like every other Bears team from the last 30 years.
We had the number one overall pick two years in a row, and we’ve turned that into some really good players and a generational talent at quarterback. People can say all the things they want but there’s probably three teams in the league that if they had the first overall pick this last draft, they would not have selected Caleb Williams.
It could all go sideways but pretending that this isn’t a good team and that we haven’t done great things in the last two years is just being dishonest with yourself.

Oh didn’t mention Keenan bc he’s a one year rental. May get an extension but was just showcasing to everyone the players already under contract for the next 3 seasons.

Okay maybe you just read to fast too understand...

Where did I mention their roster is bad or that they don't hold the potential of being good? You've seen me specifically type the words that Caleb Williams is an undeniable talent - maturity, maturation at the NFL level and Chicago will be the ONLY reason he at minimum isn't an NFL starter of I say the Dak type level. Kid's gifted for sure, but has never played an NFL snap yet, and we've not just in Chicago but other teams constantly that some seriously incredible talents never translate to the next level.

Also where did I state they haven't done good things it seems and been "dishonest with myself" to your words? You literally took my WR2 form LAST YEARS draft but he chose to stay in school...Keenan Allen (which FYI he is on the Bear's under contract presently as long as Tevin who was mentioned) is one of my favorite older veteran receivers in the league and a lot of other pieces and prospects I like. Doesn't mean it will translate at all...just like GB's WR room...by a ton of different metrics they aren't just high ceiling guys but some of the best at advanced analytics in the league...BUT collectively they still have barely played much.

I understand you're pumped and jazzed and of course the Bears SHOULD be better because of the last couple years...but again no snaps have been taken by any 2024 team and a lot of what is being said now I've heard a LOT over the years. I have five Bears' fan friends that still owe me an assortment of debts due to them declaring Justin Fields was the answer and would do this and do that....

Will the Bears similar to the Lions change the tide if you will of the last nearly two decades? Possibly...potentially and their is more merit to the discussion for sure, but it would be ignorance illustrated to make declarations of the sort at this stage of the season...

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I referenced the fall of prospects in the first round in the above post. Here are the numbers of first round picks that aren't even rostered guys anymore by years....it plays out every year....

2020 - 4
2019 - 2
2018 - 3
2017 - 6

Additional guys in first round with zero years as primary starter:

2020 - K'Lavon Chaisson, Noah Igbinoghene
2019 - Andre Dillard
2018 - Rashaad Penny (he's carved a spot though) and Mike Hughes
2017 - Taco Charlton

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the Patriots the last couple of years since Brady left.
Your turn is coming.
I'm gonna have so much fun if Love has a repeat of the first half of last season.
Especially if it lasts all year. I hope the rookie LT wins the starting job. Let Jordan know what running for your life means.
Meanwhile….Caleb leads us to SB victory over the NY Jets.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Your turn is coming.
I'm gonna have so much fun if Love has a repeat of the first half of last season.
Especially if it lasts all year. I hope the rookie LT wins the starting job. Let Jordan know what running for your life means.
My wife's uncle. Dyed-in-the-wool Rockford Bears fan. Loved having me around during the mid-80's. Since then, not so much. "When Favre hangs it up..." Then, "When Rodgers is done ...." Poor guy passed away right after the 10th straight last season.

Reaction score
Your turn is coming.
I think your OL Roster as a whole is suspect. In 2023 the Bears OL allowed 50 Sacks ((25th (tied with Bengals)) and -325 sack yards (23rd)

Jordan Love was Sacked just 30 times, which was one of the best in the league. TWO of the Top 6 ranked OL include Detroit #2 and GB #6. The Eagles, Browns, Chiefs and Ravens round out the only OL ranked better.

Green Bay at D added Evans, Olodapo (Caleb’s nemesis), Cooper and Hopper and King. Plus the best FA Safety on the market and then quadrupled down at Safety with Bulldog Champion Javon Bullard, who should’ve been a Top 50 pick

What did the Bears do to improve their Defense? They replaced Eddie Jackson with Kevin Byard which admittedly was a slight upgrade. Mostly because Jackson hasn’t been very good as of late. Then you got our scraps, Jonathan Owens. Then added 1 piece in Rd5 (Austin Booker) much of whose success was going against smaller players. Not anymore, Booker will need to add Mass to survive in the NFL. That in itself could effectively push his contributions into that 2025-2026 timeframe.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Your turn is coming.
Let's bet on your prediction

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your turn is coming.
You live in a complete fantasy world.

Reaction score
FYI not saying you specifically, it’s all over social media pages and forums. Until we see the exact structure it’s tough to judge it.
Oh no doubt. Although the one thing we do know is the added guaranteed number. So we can work the commitment backwards to form a large piece the puzzle.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no doubt. Although the one thing we do know is the added guaranteed number. So we can work the commitment backwards to find a contract out
Not without knowing void years which can spread that out as bonus is also in that number

Reaction score
Not without knowing void years which can spread that out as bonus is also in that number
Yeah but Tyni. Guaranteed is going to be applied to that cap at some juncture.
We both know void years are spreading the inevitable.

Mattering of fact they shouldn’t be so friendly calling it “void”. It should be called “inevitable years”:p

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but Tyni. Guaranteed is going to be applied to that cap at some juncture.
We both know void years are spreading the inevitable

Yes but use Love's for instance....they put over $30Million in void years after the four years....just looking at the numbers without that knowledge it looks a LOT worse. I haven't seen the Moore contract yet structure wise which at this point is odd.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are any of “you guys” trolling over on A Bears site? I’m guessing no because *yawn* I mean the Bears are pretty irrelevant until they prove themselves which we’re still waiting on for like??? 30+ years?

Reaction score
By your lack of condemnation for the behavior itself.
I’ve always condemned intentional dirty hits and that includes my own team. No place in this sport for that and Suh talked to Roger Goodell and just weeks later he’s right back to dirty play. He should’ve been ejected from the league for at minimum 1 year and after that a permanent ban.
Thought I made it clear that I condemn it. Meanwhile Pack fans here actively support the cheap shot on Jim McMahon.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought I made it clear that I condemn it. Meanwhile Pack fans here actively support the cheap shot on Jim McMahon.

Find one person in this forum that has supported that hit? That was one of the dirtiest plays ever in Packers' history where it was us doing it.

Reaction score
Wow. Dude's a great player, but there went their salary cap (depening on when the first big tranche of money is paid). I'm sure they left themselves a comfort zone for dumping salaries before they pay it out, but they're probably right down to the last few dollars now.

Poles has a history of making unwise personnel decisions. Bears need to hope he knew what he was doing this time.
I thought the Sweat trade was bizarre... yet if my Lions had made that trade, we probably would've won it all. :/

Reaction score
So are any of “you guys” trolling over on A Bears site? I’m guessing no because *yawn* I mean the Bears are pretty irrelevant until they prove themselves which we’re still waiting on for like??? 30+ years?
I have an account at chicitysports. Haven't posted in a while though.

Reaction score
Find one person in this forum that has supported that hit? That was one of the dirtiest plays ever in Packers' history where it was us doing it.
Sanguine camper, post #350 in this thread does not condemn it, seems to justify it, or come as close as possible to doing so. Although in post#364 he does call it dirty.

In post #374, weeds does not disavow the Martin hit but rather reminds me that Suh was dirty.

Not sure how to tag users or if I'm supposed to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts