A Jordan Love Contract

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re right. After 9 good games how could I not see Jordan is clearly special and destined for Canton in the future.

If you can't see that you just dont have an eye for talent but I guess that make sense rooting for the team you do. You could always jump ship and become a Packers fan it's never too late to make the right decision

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t read into stuff Sanguine merely didn’t respond or say anything. When something is so clearly dirty, someone not saying such doesn’t mean they automatically think it is fine.

@Sanguine camper you for sure don’t defend that play?
It was for sure a cheap shot. What I was doing was providing some context. If Ditka isn't such a jerk, very likely that cheap shot doesn't happen
One good deed lead to another. Another thing that needs to be said is football was a lot rougher back then. The difference between a cheap shot and intimidation wasn't so dramatic. Jack Tatum used to clothes line guys and just watch the sack of Terry Bradshaw by Joe "Turkey" Jones on YouTube if you want to see what some extracurricular roughness looks like. He nearly snapped his neck. In today's game Jones might have been suspended for a big part of the season. Back then it was just a 15 yard penalty or at most, thrown out of a single game.

Reaction score
You guys are comparing McMahon?
That was nearly 40 years ago!
The NFL has changed dramatically. In the 70’-80’s you almost couldn’t watch a game without a dirty hit. We could go back an exchange arguments on that every week in the NFL.

It’s like comparing the 80’s to the 1940’s. Let’s get back on topic instead of detracting our entire fanbase. This is the exact reason Bears and Lions have been largely irrelevant since McMahon. You guys make excuses for losing and focus on 1/2 Century old distractions that have 0% to do with this thread.

As far as this general ongoing sentiment you seem to constantly support from @Calebs Revenge that somehow Packer fans should be “worried”?
Truth is, It should be Detroit and Chicago and Minneapolis once that Contract got inked. You guys picked a bad time to be relevant. Reminds me of our bad timing in 2020 when Brady popped into our picture.

The 2024 SPOILER ALERT! #10 is the real deal. Deal with it.
The dirty hit on McMahon was 40 years ago, but the support for the dirty hit is current.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why avoid my request to bet

Chicken ****
A mod just called me a chicken turd rotfl.

I will re-read the post. Sometimes I honestly just skim them so I missed the part about a bet of some kind, but I’ll look into it and get back to you.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A mod just called me a chicken turd rotfl.

I will re-read the post. Sometimes I honestly just skim them so I missed the part about a bet of some kind, but I’ll look into it and get back to you.
Ok I’m missing something. Do you mind to repeat what exactly we would be betting on?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda like sparring with him.
Please don't. Have someone in another forum, definitely a Packer fan, who will just never be proven wrong, and I'm saving space there, too. If one can score points on a troll, that's fine, but when they just keep moving the goalposts, forget it. Side point, perhaps, but where have you sparred with him and won (according to him, not the rest of us)?

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please don't. Have someone in another forum, definitely a Packer fan, who will just never be proven wrong, and I'm saving space there, too. If one can score points on a troll, that's fine, but when they just keep moving the goalposts, forget it. Side point, perhaps, but where have you sparred with him and won (according to him, not the rest of us)?
Don’t worry sweetheart this is just a little friendly preseason sparring.
In about a month will have real stuff to start talking about.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve come here bc I figured, like myself, y’all might be tired of arguing/debating with people that have the same blinders on that I do.
We're used to talking with knowledgeable football fans, who understand the way the game is played. And are realistic in their opinions. You probably don't have any way of understanding this, but overall this is a very well-informed group iof footnall fans here.

We're not trying to look through a "different set of blinders", we're trying to look past blinders of any sort.

Case in point….everyone here convincing themselves that it’s better to have three or four average wide receivers than one really good number one receiver, bc one of the four will put up legit numbers.
Hmmm.... yeah... maybe you're right... sort of like the example the Bears set for the whole league last season with DJ Moore.

Wait a minute.... how exactly did that work out, again? :unsure:

Oh - and as another example of your lack of objectuivity, we have a hell of a lot more rthan "3 or 4 average wide receivers". The fact that you're incapable of seeing that is really a bad look for you, because it puts you on the opposite side of the disccussion from 99% of the NFL world. Players, coaches, analysts, every knowledgeable fan - everyone sees how good these guys are. Our top 5, maybe even 6 WRs would be at least a #3 on most teams in the NFL, and some of them a solid #2. There's just no denying that, and if you don't see it, you don't know what you're looking at.

And that's not even mentioning the two young tight ends, who each ha an exceptional half-season.

No brah….i just contribute to the board more than others…..
"Contributing to the board more than others" is not the same as "contributing more to the board than others contribute." Quantity of posts and quality of posts are two entirely different things.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're used to talking with knowledgeable football fans, who understand the way the game is played. And are realistic in their opinions. You probably don't have any way of understanding this, but overall this is a very well-informed group iof footnall fans here.

We're not trying to look through a "different set of blinders", we're trying to look past blinders of any sort.

Hmmm.... yeah... maybe you're right... sort of like the example the Bears set for the whole league last season with DJ Moore.

Wait a minute.... how exactly did that work out, again? :unsure:

Oh - and as another example of your lack of objectuivity, we have a hell of a lot more rthan "3 or 4 average wide receivers". The fact that you're incapable of seeing that is really a bad look for you, because it puts you on the opposite side of the disccussion from 99% of the NFL world. Players, coaches, analysts, every knowledgeable fan - everyone sees how good these guys are. Our top 5, maybe even 6 WRs would be at least a #3 on most teams in the NFL, and some of them a solid #2. There's just no denying that, and if you don't see it, you don't know what you're looking at.

And that's not even mentioning the two young tight ends, who each ha an exceptional half-season.

"Contributing to the board more than others" is not the same as "contributing more to the board than others contribute." Quantity of posts and quality of posts are two entirely different things.
Got you typing didn’t it ;)

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your qb will will win SB vs Jets this year

That was your claim

Then you disrespect fans here for believing in Love when your qb hasn't had time change his nail polish yet
Oh…that.
Could it happen? Yes.
It is a possible outcome.
Is a likely outcome…..no.
It would literally take the best season a rookie quarterback has ever had.
Now the Bears deserve it, but that doesn’t make it anymore likely.

If I didn’t make it clear, my dream scenario would be to beat you guys in the NFC championship game at Lambeau and then beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl. The Cubs won in 2016 and if this were to somehow happen…. I’m ready Lord.
And don’t say it can’t happen bc my Cubbies came back from down 3-1. Anything is possible if you BELIEVE!!!!

Reaction score
. Side point, perhaps, but where have you sparred with him and won (according to him, not the rest of us)?
I haven’t won the first argument and in his mind he’s superior.
I just like beating on him a little and there. Caleb is just like my little Stepbrother. He would follow us everywhere and we’d eventually lock him in a room. Second you’d let him out he’d be smarting off again. I liked beating on him and he liked me beating on him. In some ways Bears fans subconsciously want to be near Packer just for some attention.

Chicago fans are like a little Brother..
a weaker vessel who is just starving for attention from something they want to become. I’m going to keep giving him some attention so he comes back for beatings. This is therapeutic in the most symbiotic of ways.

Last edited:

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have decent intel that in 2023 Jordan's camp did not desire to do anything of the sort. That shift of splitting a "5th year" money essentially and giving him some serious change a year early was a win/win and his camp was betting on him. I bet early in 2023 his agent and camp was likely mildly concerned if the gamble would pay off, but LORDY did it.

And that's why I'm so happy about everything-including the timing-of the deal

Mark Brian and Matt were vindicated in their reboot-on-the-fly player regime change/youth movement

Jordan plus his agency was rewarded for playing the long-game with the franchise by cashing out basically right around the time he'd be hoping to get a mega second contract past his rookie one anyways (keep in mind by having the hidden benefit of accumulating SIGNIFICANTLY LESS body wear-and-tear via sitting 3 seasons while learning/training/getting spot duty at key times) thus validating their clients' status plus their reputation league-wide as dealmakers

The rare 'win-win' scenario from both sides

Not hoping...watching a 3rd fhof qb in a row

That part.

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    566.4 KB · Views: 18

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh…that.
Could it happen? Yes.
It is a possible outcome.
Is a likely outcome…..no.
It would literally take the best season a rookie quarterback has ever had.
Now the Bears deserve it, but that doesn’t make it anymore likely.

If I didn’t make it clear, my dream scenario would be to beat you guys in the NFC championship game at Lambeau and then beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl. The Cubs won in 2016 and if this were to somehow happen…. I’m ready Lord.
And don’t say it can’t happen bc my Cubbies came back from down 3-1. Anything is possible if you BELIEVE!!!!
Has nothing to do with believe and everything to do with talent. There are easily a dozen teams in the NFL with more talent than the Bears. When the Bears did win their lone SB 40 nearly years ago, they had the best talent by far in the league on defense and had a good o line with a HOF RB. In the modern NFL, the combination of a HOF QB, coach and TE seems quite unbeatable. Last time I checked, the Bears were a very far cry from that standard.

Reaction score
If I didn’t make it clear, my dream scenario would be to beat you guys in the NFC championship game at Lambeau and then beat Aaron Rodgers and the Jets in the Super Bowl.
I think a FAR more probable scenario is that the Packers end any Playoff hopes for Chicago either Wildcard Weekend OR several weeks earlier,we send Chicago off to watch the Postseason from home.

Then GB goes on to setup up a
LOVE VS RODGERS Super Bowl

The next best scenario is a
REPEAT OF SUPERBOWL I

I think the NFL would highly prefer either over Bears vs Jets

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a FAR more probable scenario is that the Packers end any Playoff hopes for Chicago either Wildcard Weekend OR several weeks earlier,we send Chicago off to watch the Postseason from home.

Then GB goes on to setup up a
LOVE VS RODGERS Super Bowl

The next best scenario is a
REPEAT OF SUPERBOWL I

I think the NFL would highly prefer either over Bears vs Jets
I would absolutely hate the hype over a Packers Jets SB. If that were to happen I'd probably take a two week vacation and lock myself in a room.

You are right though, the NFL would love it.

Reaction score
I would absolutely hate the hype over a Packers Jets SB. If that were to happen I'd probably take a two week vacation and lock myself in a room.

You are right though, the NFL would love it.
It would be on the level of Marino vs Montana meeting at the Pepsi machine.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts