A Jordan Love Contract

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanguine camper, post #350 in this thread does not condemn it, seems to justify it, or come as close as possible to doing so. Although in post#364 he does call it dirty.

In post #374, weeds does not disavow the Martin hit but rather reminds me that Suh was dirty.

Not sure how to tag users or if I'm supposed to.

Don’t read into stuff Sanguine merely didn’t respond or say anything. When something is so clearly dirty, someone not saying such doesn’t mean they automatically think it is fine.

@Sanguine camper you for sure don’t defend that play?

Reaction score
Don’t read into stuff Sanguine merely didn’t respond or say anything. When something is so clearly dirty, someone not saying such doesn’t mean they automatically think it is fine.

@Sanguine camper you for sure don’t defend that play?
Providing reasons for why it was done, and then not saying it's good or bad, leaves me to believe that the person is saying the reasons are justification for the action. I got the impression they were saying, "Don't run up the score and we won't commit felony assault." It certainly looks like that's what they were saying.

Losing 61-7 years and years ago should not even be mentioned. It was felony assault.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Providing reasons for why it was done, and then not saying it's good or bad, leaves me to believe that the person is saying the reasons are justification for the action. I got the impression they were saying, "Don't run up the score and we won't commit felony assault." It certainly looks like that's what they were saying.

Losing 61-7 years and years ago should not even be mentioned. It was felony assault.

Any Packer fan justifying it isn’t one I’ll share fanbase with. It was dirty. Suh level dirty.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are any of “you guys” trolling over on A Bears site? I’m guessing no because *yawn* I mean the Bears are pretty irrelevant until they prove themselves which we’re still waiting on for like??? 30+ years?
Nah, not me. I don't even troll Vikings sites, which (if you knew how completely fed up I got after living with those bizarroes for 30 years in the Twin Cities) you would realize is an utterly superhuman display of sef-restraint.

I'll debate fans of other teams, but I'm always respectful, and in fact for over 10 years have been one of the most popular posters on the biggest message board for the New Orleans Saints. I love those guys, and they've actually tried many times to talk me into moving there. We get along great.

Although I have to admit... Caleb might be starting to bring out the "Old Testament" side of me.... :devilish:

Don't me wrong; I can't help liking him. He's hard not to like. Turns out we're neighbors - probably live no more than 10-15 miles apart, and I'm looking forward to meeting up with him some day.

But, damn, man... how about a little objectivity? :D

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife's uncle. Dyed-in-the-wool Rockford Bears fan. Loved having me around during the mid-80's. Since then, not so much. "When Favre hangs it up..." Then, "When Rodgers is done ...." Poor guy passed away right after the 10th straight last season.
Ok. Just know that when it rains on your head now….his aim has improved in the big after ;)

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve come here bc I figured, like myself, y’all might be tired of arguing/debating with people that have the same blinders on that I do.

Case in point….everyone here convincing themselves that it’s better to have three or four average wide receivers than one really good number one receiver, bc one of the four will put up legit numbers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I’ve come here bc I figured, like myself, y’all might be tired of arguing/debating with people that have the same blinders on that I do.

Case in point….everyone here convincing themselves that it’s better to have three or four average wide receivers than one really good number one receiver, bc one of the four will put up legit numbers.
..and we're happy you've joined us. Personally, I enjoy a different perspective - but, that's just me. We used to have a Vikies fan here, but I think he went all "free agent" on us.

On the 'one good number one' receiver issue ... hey, we've sung that song, oddly though ... the Packers with the exception of Adams AFTER he settled in for a couple of years have always been dogged about not having a #1 receiver, even when we had Nelson, Driver, Cobb and Finley on the field at one time. Even then, those guys didn't get open in the view of the great unwashed masses .... Rodgers THREW them open was the usual line.

I use Adams as an exception because at the outset, the kid couldn't hang on to the ball - BUT - he could get open. I'm of the old timers (a fan before ESPN and, has never played Madden) opinion that in today's NFL, the biggest distractions a team can have will usually be a prima-ballerina receiver or a "look-at-me" defensive back. I'll take 4 slightly above average receivers who recognize a team concept versus a HEY, I MAKE $25M PER ... THROW ME THE BALL OR I'LL POUT mindset.

Anyway, Rodgers even acknowledged that he'll throw to the open guy versus looking for 'his' guy. It was the right thing to say, but, toward the end of his stay probably wasn't accurate.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We missed the boat in 2023 playing it safe. Should have locked him into a decent 3 year extendable contract.

We hedged and now have to pay through the nose.
When in 2023? Before, or after, any games had been played?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whaaaaaa?
That’s a phenomenal deal for Da Bears. Justin Jefferson, this year, will make 35 mill and i’m not saying DJ is better than Justin but, Justin only played in 10 games last year and had 60 some catches iirc, about 1000 yards and five tuddys
DJ had almost 100 catches, about 1400 yards and eight or nine tuddys.
For the next 3 years we have: Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, Rome Odunze, D’Andre Swift, Cole Kmet, 3/5ths of our starting OL with Tevin Jenkins(top 5 guard IF healthy) getting extended soon so that will make 4/5ths of OL
The D is one of the youngest in the league too.
So again, you say we’re paying QB money in our WR room? Bwahahahahaha

I get it bro, you’re feeling new feelings that you’ve never felt before. It’s called jealousy of a Bears roster.
Get used to it playyyyyyyerrrrrr!!!!!
Do you understand how bad the Bears have been? Next to the Clowns, nobody has been a bigger joke than da Bears. We've seen this parade of delusion before. After the Bears passed on Mahomes and took Trubisky, and when they drafted Fields the delusion was no less spectacular. While the Bears have good WR'ers, the rest if the offense is mediocre to say the least. Kmet is average at best and the o line doesn't scare anyone. Swift was let go for a reason. If you want to see what a good o line looks like, it's unfortunately the Lions.

Reaction score
Thought I made it clear that I condemn it. Meanwhile Pack fans here actively support the cheap shot on Jim McMahon.
You guys are comparing McMahon?
That was nearly 40 years ago!
The NFL has changed dramatically. In the 70’-80’s you almost couldn’t watch a game without a dirty hit. We could go back an exchange arguments on that every week in the NFL.

It’s like comparing the 80’s to the 1940’s. Let’s get back on topic instead of detracting our entire fanbase. This is the exact reason Bears and Lions have been largely irrelevant since McMahon. You guys make excuses for losing and focus on 1/2 Century old distractions that have 0% to do with this thread.

As far as this general ongoing sentiment you seem to constantly support from @Calebs Revenge that somehow Packer fans should be “worried”?
Truth is, It should be Detroit and Chicago and Minneapolis once that Contract got inked. You guys picked a bad time to be relevant. Reminds me of our bad timing in 2020 when Brady popped into our picture.

The 2024 SPOILER ALERT! #10 is the real deal. Deal with it.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So hoping he is, is the same as christening someone before a snap? Come you’re either drunk, crazy or too young to know better….or maybe just delusional fan which has to be it.
The same guy who believes Caleb Williams is going to the HOF posted that Packer fans are delusional for believing in Jordan Love.

Love does have NFL tape of playing at HOF level the last 8 or 10 games he has played. He will have to do that for 5 or 6 more seasons to achieve that goal, but he is off to a hell of a start.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanguine camper, post #350 in this thread does not condemn it, seems to justify it, or come as close as possible to doing so. Although in post#364 he does call it dirty.

In post #374, weeds does not disavow the Martin hit but rather reminds me that Suh was dirty.

Not sure how to tag users or if I'm supposed to.
And this has what to do with what? *yawn*

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same guy who believes Caleb Williams is going to the HOF posted that Packer fans are delusional for believing in Jordan Love.

Love does have NFL tape of playing at HOF level the last 8 or 10 games he has played. He will have to do that for 5 or 6 more seasons to achieve that goal, but he is off to a hell of a start.
You’re right. After 9 good games how could I not see Jordan is clearly special and destined for Canton in the future.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But for real…..I get no end of enjoyment rooting against the Pack. You are the team I love to hate!!! I’m very serious about coming to Lambeau to tailgate for the dec. game(not sure about the date). I would hope to drink many beeyahs and root against each other with great passions and da fires!!!!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering. Is it Caleb's Revenge to slowly but surely take over each topic?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the Patriots the last couple of years since Brady left.
Your turn is coming.
I'm gonna have so much fun if Love has a repeat of the first half of last season.
Especially if it lasts all year. I hope the rookie LT wins the starting job. Let Jordan know what running for your life means.
Meanwhile….Caleb leads us to SB victory over the NY Jets.
Why avoid my request to bet

Chicken ****

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts