A Jordan Love Contract

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there are many Packer fans, players or coaches who hold it against Love for not practicing. He was at camp. He was on the sidelines. He participated in every aspect of TC except a few days of practice without pads. I think the deal was 85-90% done and it was just details left to work out. It might have been as much a ploy to speed things up as it was not to not get hurt but I do believe it was his agent's idea and not Love's. Yes, it would have been nice for the distraction to have been taken care of but if JL ends up failing it won't be because he missed 3 days of practice in sweats.

Which brings me to my second point. Why do most non Packer fans seem to expect Love to fail? With most players, if they have a great year, CJ Stroud for one example, everyone is so excited to watch him get better and its look out for Stroud and the Texans. With Love its he had half a great season watch him flame out. Is it that much jealousy and hatred towards the Packers. Does half a season really matter that much.

Maybe its because I am a Packer fan that I notice it more than with players from other teams. To be fair its mainly from fans. Most of the media seems to have high expectations for Love as well. Although I have noticed a change in that since the signing as well. Before they talked about the last half of the season as if it was a big deal and how it looks like the Packers may have caught lightning in a bottle for a third time. Since the signing there has been a lot more of it was only half a season so was it really smart to give him that much money.

Oh well, as you are all probably thinking, I have put way too much effort into this situation that is beyond my control already. Time to sit back and enjoy the show whatever happens.

I believe Packer-Haters are trying to talk themselves into believing that Green Bay cannot actually get the quarterback position right for the third time in a row...Ergo, those who assured everyone that JLove will be a bust are now proclaiming that he only had a couple of good games and Green Bay will regret this contract.

Time will tell, but I have no reason to think they're any less wrong this time. He has the arm, he has the intelligence, and he has the swagger of a winner while remaining humble. Barring injury, I believe his future is bright.

It sucks to be a hater...Go Pack Go!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....and to their credit to be fair NO OTHER team in the history of the NFL has done a three peat of ELITE/GREAT QB play...and never consecutively like this. Arguably a few mentions are worthy of mention that come to my mind quickly - someone help me I know I'm missing some:

Green Bay technically did it with Rodgers being the third true great after Starr and Favre but again massive time span between Starr and Favre.
Kansas City - Len Dawson, Montana and now Mahomes... (I know Montana was brief)
Steelers - Bobby Layne, Bradshaw, Big Ben (if you consider Layne an all time Great)
San Francisco is on the verge of maybe doing that with Purdy (if you know football you know he could play himself into this with a SB win).

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one don’t think for a second Goff is overpaid. Is he as young or perhaps seem to have the same exact ceiling height arguably no, but that roster is built very well and Goff has a lot of success in his career and is still not old by any means.
Goff seems to have found his spot with Detroit. He has a good O line and some great receivers. That tight end looks special. Need to apply pressure on him and the receivers or they are really tough to stop. The coach could be a problem for them the way he goes for it on 4th downs. imho

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starr was the coach of the Packers in 1980 when Ditka ran the score up to 61-7. Forrest Gregg was hired to replace Starr in 1985. I got that date mixed up by a decade. The dirty shenanigans all happened under Gregg's tenure while Ditka was still coach of the Bears. At least on paper he was the Bear's coach. The Packers didn't retaliate until Gregg took over. Starr didn't retaliate. It's nearly impossible to think Martin's slam dunk and a lot of other extracurricular hits would've happened without Gregg's blessing. He was basically letting Ditka know that his running up the score wasn't going unpunished.
From the look on Gregg's face after that play; I'd say Martin took it way further than what he was told to do.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....and to their credit to be fair NO OTHER team in the history of the NFL has done a three peat of ELITE/GREAT QB play...and never consecutively like this. Arguably a few mentions are worthy of mention that come to my mind quickly - someone help me I know I'm missing some:

Green Bay technically did it with Rodgers being the third true great after Starr and Favre but again massive time span between Starr and Favre.
Kansas City - Len Dawson, Montana and now Mahomes... (I know Montana was brief)
Steelers - Bobby Layne, Bradshaw, Big Ben (if you consider Layne an all time Great)
San Francisco is on the verge of maybe doing that with Purdy (if you know football you know he could play himself into this with a SB win).

A few fell just short IMO.

The Colts, with Unitas and Manning, need one more. I think they may have had it with Luck but the injury thing. Richardson?

The Dolphins with Griese and Marino. Can Tua make it three.

Arguably you could mention the Cowboys with Staubach, Aikman and Romo although Romo is a stretch

And then there's the Bears. They had Luckman then immediately transitioned to Williams. In another 75 years they might hit the trifecta.

If Love can join the ranks your point about Starr makes it even more amazing. That would make it 4 for the Pack. All the teams you mentioned had large chunks of WHO between stars.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few fell just short IMO.

The Colts, with Unitas and Manning, need one more. I think they may have had it with Luck but the injury thing. Richardson?

The Dolphins with Griese and Marino. Can Tua make it three.

Arguably you could mention the Cowboys with Staubach, Aikman and Romo although Romo is a stretch

And then there's the Bears. They had Luckman then immediately transitioned to Williams. In another 75 years they might hit the trifecta.

If Love can join the ranks your point about Starr makes it even more amazing. That would make it 4 for the Pack. All the teams you mentioned had large chunks of WHO between stars.

I think the key difference may be the back-to-back-to-back.

A lot of not-so-good between Griese & Marino, for example.

Reaction score
Make sure to check back here so we can run this quote past you again, and again, and again.

The problem with your prediction is that Love has a much better team surrounding him than Stafford. Therefore Stafford and Megatron had to do all of the work. The Packers have a solid group of receivers and TEs with a good OL to boot. Barring injury, this team will continue to be a mainstay in the playoffs.

Well if what you're saying is true then my prediction about carrying a team on the QB's back is moot because I assessed your team incorrectly in the first place.

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Seems Suh also stepped on TJ Lang's nuts also...

Suh was dirty? What? What's next, the sky is blue?

Woodson also was throwing punches on the field as a Packer. Nowhere in the realm of Suh but Woodson was dirty also.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Woodson also was throwing punches on the field as a Packer. Nowhere in the realm of Suh but Woodson was dirty also.
I get your point, but throwing Woodson under the bus doesn't make any sense. Woodson was not dirty and the two aren't comparable. You're trying to use the playground version of 'Hey they did it too.' Politicians say the same thing and it's just as loony.

Most football players got into fights in games. I'm sure that Woodson did too but not as the instigator. Suh was the kind of guy that started just about every "situation" that he found himself in.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Just sayin', check your own back yard before slinging away ... the team and their fans seemed to embrace Suh's dirty play. I don't recall an outcry or condemnation from Lion Nation -- although once, I heard my father-in-law's step son say Suh was "aggressive and competitive" ... of course, he did have Schwartz teaching him the art of the late hit too.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree - which is why I'd be more likely wanting to sell Jordan on a one year extension that is SUBSTANTIALLY higher - but with the mutual agreement if he plays as good or better than last year - there will be a record breaking contract signed before 2025 season starts. Announce it week prior to the draft and have him walk out and announce the Packers pick in GREEN BAY at the draft.
We missed the boat in 2023 playing it safe. Should have locked him into a decent 3 year extendable contract.

We hedged and now have to pay through the nose.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We missed the boat in 2023 playing it safe. Should have locked him into a decent 3 year extendable contract.

We hedged and now have to pay through the nose.

I have decent intel that in 2023 Jordan's camp did not desire to do anything of the sort. That shift of splitting a "5th year" money essentially and giving him some serious change a year early was a win/win and his camp was betting on him. I bet early in 2023 his agent and camp was likely mildly concerned if the gamble would pay off, but LORDY did it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the key difference may be the back-to-back-to-back.

A lot of not-so-good between Griese & Marino, for example.
It's all because of consistency and continuity of management teams. They all worked under the previous GM and maintained the same general philosophy of roster building. This can go on forever as long as the organization maintains that continuity. The best administrators are not necessarily outside of 1265 Lombardi Ave.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By your logic, when Rodgers in Soldier yells “I still fn own you” that was with all due respect?
Luckily, we didn’t have to pile drive Aaron Rodgers into the ground and wreck his throwing shoulder in 2011 for him to choke away five NFC Championship Games. We had our opportunity stolen, y’all just waste opportunities.
Glad Love has mastered the game ending cross body/field interception to end the season. Looking forward to seeing it again….and again….and again….and again.
There's a big difference between trash talk which goes on all the time and running up the score. Starr didn't feel the need to retaliate but Gregg did. Did Forrest Gregg go outside the rules of the game? No doubt he did. Ditka could've taken his foot off the gas in the 61-7 game and he tried to embarrass Starr. Gregg retaliated and got some sweet revenge knowing full well he probably kept the Bears from winning a SB in 1986. The game was much more violent back then and the difference between cheap shots and extreme roughness wasn't so big. Martin would've been suspended for multiple games if not the whole season today given the league's desire to take much of the contact out of the game. Back then he got thown out of the game but if he got suspended, it wasn't very long.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the look on Gregg's face after that play; I'd say Martin took it way further than what he was told to do.
Perhaps he did, but Martin wasn't the only guy who went extracurricular. As I remember one of the Packers DB's hit Matt Suey about 5 yards out of bounds. It was obvious the Packers under Gregg were going after Ditka. Gregg was known for being an ornery ****** in his playing days. Even Lombardi kept his distance. The retaliation by Gregg's Packers fits well with Gregg's demeanor.

Reaction score
But the '23 team wasn't much different from the '22 team. Dead in the water by midseason, then went on a streak to finish it out. Had Rodgers beaten the Lions, his team finishes 9-8 and gets bounced by the 49ers. Same as the '23 team.
You’d like to think that as a Lions fan but you know that’s not true. 2022 was the old guard winding down, 2023 was the New Guard winding up.
The difference now is that there's tape on Love.
I hear that all the time, but it’s taking a sliver of truth and embellishing in order to make your point. That point is you don’t think Love is legit. Just say it like Colin Cowherd did early last year, it’s ok to make mistakes as much as I don’t like Cowherd at least Colin admitted it.
What makes the 49ers elite is that Purdy should've been in that middle path that struggles in year 2.
What makes them elite is they are a well coached team and loaded with talent with a “good” but not great QB.
The Packers seem to keep striking gold at the most important position, but that by itself puts you in the wildcard zone.
I agree. This team is talented past QB though. We are already in the Divisional zone. I think just outside of GB the majority would agree that 2025 Packers are more towards ascending not decline like you are asserting. Only Lions fans would back the Packers up to Wildcard level.
It’s called denial. I also think Campbell would disagree with you I saw it in his face when we beat on you last year.
Woodson isn’t anywhere close to Suh. Your previous coaches allowed that and his poor attitude reflected on your franchise. Bad rep for a city really. Ghetto like support towards injuring otherd and there’s no place for stomping on players while they are on the ground.
Thankfully Dan Campbell seems to be respectful. I like him he’s a good coach imo. I doubt he allows that ghetto behavior that you seem to make excuses for. It’s a Terrible look

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just sayin', check your own back yard before slinging away ... the team and their fans seemed to embrace Suh's dirty play. I don't recall an outcry or condemnation from Lion Nation -- although once, I heard my father-in-law's step son say Suh was "aggressive and competitive" ... of course, he did have Schwartz teaching him the art of the late hit too.
I can sling as much as I want because I don't condone Suh's behavior.

Reaction score
You’d like to think that as a Lions fan but you know that’s not true. 2022 was the old guard winding down, 2023 was the New Guard winding up.

I hear that all the time, but it’s taking a sliver of truth and embellishing in order to make your point. That point is you don’t think Love is legit. Just say it like Colin Cowherd did early last year, it’s ok to make mistakes as much as I don’t like Cowherd at least Colin admitted it.

What makes them elite is they are a well coached team and loaded with talent with a “good” but not great QB.

I agree. This team is talented past QB though. We are already in the Divisional zone. I think just outside of GB the majority would agree that 2025 Packers are more towards ascending not decline like you are asserting. Only Lions fans would back the Packers up to Wildcard level.
It’s called denial. I also think Campbell would disagree with you I saw it in his face when we beat on you last year.

Woodson isn’t anywhere close to Suh. Your previous coaches allowed that and his poor attitude reflected on your franchise. Bad rep for a city really. Ghetto like support towards injuring otherd and there’s no place for stomping on players while they are on the ground.
Thankfully Dan Campbell seems to be respectful. I like him he’s a good coach imo. I doubt he allows that ghetto behavior that you seem to make excuses for. It’s a Terrible look
Where do you see me making excuses for Suh?

Reaction score
Where do you see me making excuses for
By your lack of condemnation for the behavior itself.
I’ve always condemned intentional dirty hits and that includes my own team. No place in this sport for that and Suh talked to Roger Goodell and just weeks later he’s right back to dirty play. He should’ve been ejected from the league for at minimum 1 year and after that a permanent ban.

Reaction score
The Chicago Bears just married DJ Moore. Inking Moore to a 4yr X $110mil deal ($27.5Mil avg).

Moore will accelerate from his current deal to $27.5M yearly by 2026. After adding an +additional $82.6mil guaranteed to his current deal. He’s locked until 2029 with a “hard contract out” in 2028.

They now have QB $$ tied up in their WR room

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears just married DJ Moore. Inking Moore to a 4yr X $110mil deal ($27.5Mil avg).

Moore will accelerate from his current deal to $27.5M yearly. He’ll be locked up on a mega deal through 2029 after adding to his current contract another $82.6mil guaranteed. Thats 5 years locked near fully guaranteed to 1 player. 2024,2025,2026,2027,2028 and option to retain in 2029.
Makes Moore 7th highest paid WR, right now.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Moore will accelerate from his current deal to $27.5M yearly by 2026. After adding an +additional $82.6mil guaranteed to his current deal. He’s locked until 2029 with a “hard contract out” in 2028.

They now have Jordan $$ tied up in their WR room
Wow. Dude's a great player, but there went their salary cap (depening on when the first big tranche of money is paid). I'm sure they left themselves a comfort zone for dumping salaries before they pay it out, but they're probably right down to the last few dollars now.

Poles has a history of making unwise personnel decisions. Bears need to hope he knew what he was doing this time.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They now have QB $$ tied up in their WR room
They don’t need QB money for a long time. Likely this overlaps with about the time Rome and Caleb’s contract comes up.

Laughable at how many Packer fans are blasting the Bears for this like so many bears fans did when Loves deal was announced….structure is what matters.

Reaction score
They don’t need QB money for a long time. Likely this overlaps with about the time Rome and Caleb’s contract comes up.

Laughable at how many Packer fans are blasting the Bears for this like so many bears fans did when Loves deal was announced….structure is what matters.
I don’t call stating a fact “blasting” the Bears. I stated several articles near word for word that were not even written by a Bears or Packers fan. Then I made an accurate comparison of how significant a contract that actually is by comparing it with our own in house contracts.
If that’s “blasting someone”? you must have a hard time with the evening news. :laugh:

Btw. According to Bears fans. Caleb will likely need QB $$ in 3 more years. Pat got his in his 4th year ($450m deal) and we all already know Caleb is much better than Mahomey boy.

Last edited:

Members online