15 games left

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
While my predicted 162-0 season was "just a little outside", these guys as of this morning have a .585 winning percentage - a W/L shared with 2 other MLB division leaders. Of course the best team money can buy Dodgers are at .600 (and in a considerably more competitive division). As is always the case it seems, the Diamondbacks, Padres and Phillies - who seen to have the Crew's number (my perception only) - are right there, along with the Braves who seem to be puttering a little.

Hoping I'm not calling down the wrath of the thing here after last night's double header sweep against the Reds, I just want to say that I did not expect this kind of season ... I don't think anyone did ... and Murphy BETTER be in the running for Manager of the year.

2 more with the Reds and then, home with the team owning the best uniforms in MLB. All these guys can do is win the series' they're supposed to win at this stage and MAYBE get a homefield for the playoffs. Talk about your improbable season.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting thanks. I haven’t followed them in months. Pretty amazing many teams started this year well below .500 after a month or two. As with most sports, the crème begins to rise over time.
Looking across the league I was Surprised the Rangers regressed like that. Dallas had a nice run with the Rangers going 11-0 on rhe Road to win the WS. Then the Mavericks coming very close to following that by making their Championship series against Boston.
The last time I remember The Brewers, Packers and Bucks all went Postseason? Maybe it was 2019 I’m too lazy to look. It’s hard to have all 3 Major Sports intersect in the Playoffs, but this could very well be our year.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Seriously, I would have bet a chili dog on the Crew losing yesterday. A 9th inning blast by the kid .. talk about clutch.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
OK ... 20 games left as of this morning (Sunday 9/8/24). Crew are up by 10 having beat the Rockies last night, 5-2.

Contreras and Adames homered but the stat jumping out at me was rookie pitcher Tobias (Toby? Tobes?) Myers striking out 11 in just six worked innings.

An interesting aside from CBS Sports is that the Crew are the only major league team that has not lost 4 in a row this season. Of course, had they lost last night, they'd have lost that very same 4 in a row. Anyway, much joy to be gained from useless knowledge, right? On a similar vein, the Rockies stink so it stands to reason that the Crew could have easily blown it but didn't. ;)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
OK, 15 games left as of this morning. Trailing Philly by 3 and the "Best Team Money Can Buy" by 2 games for the NL best record. 10 up on the Cubs. These guys held the Diamondbacks who have a +101 run differential on 803 (I mean, they're so far ahead that 2nd place doesn't matter) runs versus 702 runs allowed - so, MLB's most prolific offense to one stinkin' run. Can you get to a World Series on a strong defense? I don't know.

The Crew has allowed the 3rd fewest runs in the majors (Braves and Seattle) and have a +128 run differential (701 scored - 573 allowed). If the Crew and Diamondbacks were in the same division, the Diamondbacks would be trailing the Crew by only 3 games

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts