2023 Playoffs discussion

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer these numbers over having a WR like Davante Adams, who more than doubles every other receivers production in a given season. Love that the Packers are really spreading out their production over a number of targets. That is much harder for a defense to game plan against and stop, than an offense that has Davante and a bunch of JAGS.

I could be wrong, but has MLF finally moved away from the behind the line screen passes in the last several games?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I know they faked one last night and Love kept it and ran the other way. It worked great until he fumbled. I don't much like screens. So many things have to go perfect. Not worth it IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That’s interesting.
One thing that we forget is we had like 3 contests decided by a last second INT in the paint. Each one was a couple feet under throws or they would’ve been catches, TD’s and Wins or a OT game.

As long as our D keeps us in games and I think someone on a sports show (Rex?) says. “If The Packers play like as top 8-12 Defense? they can compete with anyone”
The Bears should’ve never been inside 2 scores, that score was much closer than it should’ve been.
Now this can be said about any team in the playoffs, but if the Packers can avoid any major injuries, play relatively mistake free and win the turnover battles, they actually have a shot at running the table. I wouldn't have said that in September.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's not like Love is throwing a ton of picks. But I'm sure he learned some of that ball safety from Rodgers, got to give credit where due.
To me and I may be biased, Love has grown up really fast in a year. He doesn't make a lot of bad throws, which first year starters usually do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know they faked one last night and Love kept it and ran the other way. It worked great until he fumbled. I don't much like screens. So many things have to go perfect. Not worth it IMO.
I don't think it was a fake, more than it was a busted play. But yes, had Love not fumbled, that play goes for a first down.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We win the Super Bowl

Love throws for 300+ yards and 3+ touchdown in EACH game

The D finally lives up to it's potential

The only downside is Joe Barry gets extended

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy not playing up the drama of facing his former team next week. Only 2 active players were in GB when McCarthy was HC: Kenny Clark & Aaron Jones... so not many emotional ties to his old team.
Turnover is something today. I remember the Dez Bryant playoff game at Lambeau 9 years ago. Romo was the QB. Jason Whitten at TE. Adams was a rookie. Peppers forced a fumble. Rodgers hit Rodgers in the end zone while playing on a gimpy calf. Time flies.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similar to the 4th down fumble against the Giants.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not the Love fumble play was a busted WR screen to the top...he had to tuck and go for it and if that helmet doesn't hit the ball square he gets it.

Yeah somebody didnt get the check...I was at the game, the play didnt look right. Saw him change the play at the line...then he took off running, it just didnt look right. Makes sense that it was supposed to be a wr screen

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah somebody didnt get the check...I was at the game, the play didnt look right. Saw him change the play at the line...then he took off running, it just didnt look right. Makes sense that it was supposed to be a wr screen
And the scary part is that it is the kind of play in which even a young QB can suffer an injury.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like Love is throwing a ton of picks. But I'm sure he learned some of that ball safety from Rodgers, got to give credit where due.
Agreed. Even if he had taken more chances, Rodgers just wasn't gonna throw a lotta picks. He saw the field well and where things were going, he did his homework on opponent secondaries, and his accuracy was amazing.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not the Love fumble play was a busted WR screen to the top...he had to tuck and go for it and if that helmet doesn't hit the ball square he gets it.
Was it a busted screen or a designed fake screen with Love running intentionally the other way? Love looked like he faked the throw and then turned and ran almost in one motion? Either way, it was either great vision by Love or a great call by MLF. Just didn't quite end up so well. He gets the 1st down without the fumble.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it a busted screen or a designed fake screen with Love running intentionally the other way? Love looked like he faked the throw and then turned and ran almost in one motion? Either way, it was either great vision by Love or a great call by MLF. Just didn't quite end up so well. He gets the 1st down without the fumble.

He canned it to the screen - I believe it has even been confirmed in some interviews. Watching the All22 I noticed botched screen play instantly was my read.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He canned it to the screen - I believe it has even been confirmed in some interviews. Watching the All22 I noticed botched screen play instantly was my read.
Well then Love reacted very quickly to a broken play. Too bad it ended with a fumble but gotta give Love credit for making a quick decision. Not that long ago he would've forced a pass or thrown the ball away.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then Love reacted very quickly to a broken play. Too bad it ended with a fumble but gotta give Love credit for making a quick decision. Not that long ago he would've forced a pass or thrown the ball away.

He actually did something similar early in the year but the game specifically escapes me, if memory serves it was one of the times Watson was the one that didn't know the call.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'll take whatever Pearson I want down fishing in the Brooks thank you very much, you have NO say in who I make my Valentine.
OK ya Savage...but make sure to bring plenty of this, it might help with your Wooden in your Toure(d) little adventure:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is turning into a very punny thread. @Shaggy I wish we had an atrium to do this in. :inlove:

Back on track.

The storylines in this playoffs is too much and just adds fuel to the conspiracy it is all planned.....

McCarthy hosted his old team GB.
Stafford playing Detroit alone is enough...but Goff playing Rams...seriously?
Tyreek Hill getting to go up against the team that traded him...
Texans who jettisoned DeShaun to Cleveland plays.....Cleveland

I mean really...Bills vs Steelers and Buccs vs Eagles seem boring in comparison... LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is turning into a very punny thread. @Shaggy I wish we had an atrium to do this in. :inlove:
Maybe if you send Shaggy a can of Campbell soup, throw in a Clark bar and some Kraft and Colby cheese, he and his big red dog Clifford, will pop on by? But I seriously Doubs it, since he will know what you are Jonesing for, he's Gute at smelling out that kind of Whelen and fire Stokesing.

Sorry, I am just Joshing you and I'm not Rhyan.